International Simulation Football League
Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) (/showthread.php?tid=733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - CaptainCats - 05-29-2017

Round 1 (1) – Orange County Otters: Angus Winchester, OL
Most everyone agrees that Josh Garden will be the first player off the board, but with a shallow pool of OL I think the Otters pounce on the opportunity to grab the best one in the draft with the first overall pick. The All-American Bowl saw QBs getting abused with 11 total sacks in the game, but Winchester can rest easy knowing none were his fault as he was flawless in the game.

Round 1 (2) – Yellowknife Wraiths: Ben Longshaw, OL
Offensive linemen are not sexy picks and are often underappreciated by fans, but they form the core of the offence and GMs will recognize this. Longshaw is an elite pass blocker, and although the Wraiths don’t have a QB yet whoever they do grab in a later round will definitely appreciate this pick.

Round 1 (3) – Colorado Yeti: Josh Garden, WR
Garden is the most talented player in the draft, however, the All-American Bowl showed that the Garden is unable to perform well while his QB lies on his back, which will lead to highly valued linemen. Still, at number three he is too good to pass up and the Yeti won’t hesitate to get Logan Noble his #1 target.

Round 1 (4) San Jose SaberCats: Bender Rodriguez, OL
When the SaberCats scouting report was leaked earlier this week Rodriguez topped the list and I believe they will be more than pleased to see him available at fourth overall. In college he was described as a machine and none of the tape suggests that it will not translate to the NSFL. His drinking will need to be kept under control, but the talent is undeniable.

Round 1 (5) Baltimore Hawks: Mike Boss, QB
The Hawks enter the draft as one of three teams looking for their signal caller and with the Outlaws also looking for one and picking immediately after the Hawks will want to get “their guy” while they still can. Boss is a statue in the pocket, but his intelligence and accuracy makes up for it and launch him to the top QB in the draft.

Round 1 (6) Arizona Outlaws: Sinjin Flimjollywop, LB
Although he does have a bit of a stupid name Flimjollywop is a good prospect in the draft. Despite missing the All-American Bowl where Andrew Kreklow was a standout I think Flimjollywop manages to be the first LB off the board, partly due to talent, mostly because his name is fun to say.

==================================================

Round 2 (7) Arizona Outlaws: Vincent Draxl, QB
After grabbing the quarterback of the defence the Outlaws will want to address the quarterback of their offence. Draxl is well known for his beef with Josh Bercovci in college and this potential personality issue ended up dropping him below Boss as the top QB.

Round 2 (8) Baltimore Hawks: Jayce Tuck, DE
Jayce Tuck has one goal: to get to the QB, and he does it well. In the bowl game he recorded a sack and a tackle for loss but was making noise in the backfield all day long. I imagine he will be too much to handle for the patchwork offensive lines and will be a great grab for the Hawks.

Round 2 (9) San Jose SaberCats: DJ Law, WR
The Cats will look to buff up their passing game by grabbing the second-best receiver in the draft class for Jameis Christ to pass to. Law is a speed demon, and while he’s not the smartest guy on the field he doesn’t need it when he’s already 10 yards past the corner who was supposed to cover him.

Round 2 (10) Colorado Yeti: Marcus Boyd, OL
As mentioned linemen are at a premium in this draft and “The Mountain” looks to be a guy you would rather have playing with you than against you (especially if you are a high schooler in a Sonic on Saturday morning). Like Rodriguez personality could be an issue, but scarcity will help him maintain a high draft stock.

Round 2 (11) Yellowknife Wraiths: Gabriel Tenzini, TE
Earlier in the month Wraiths GM @RavensFanFromOntario stated he was a big fan of having a big tight end who can catch passes, which leads me to believe he will grab the guy who fits this mould perfectly. Tenzini is hands-down the #1 TE prospect and should be able to help mask any deficiencies on the O-line.

Round 2 (12) Orange County Otters: Alexander Selich, LB
Selich turned in an amazing performance at the All-American Bowl posting 10 tackles and displaying the intelligence that will surely lead to him being a defensive captain for years to come in the NSFL.

==================================================

Round 3 (13) Orange County Otters: Philipe Carter, CB
This pick will leave the Otters needing firepower on offence, but I believe this is an issue that can be addressed later in the draft still. Grabbing Carter ensures a shutdown corner on both sides of the defence and will take a load off of the offence.

Round 3 (14) Yellowknife Wraiths: Dirk Cutter, CB
Cutter can absolutely be a distraction at times with his off-field antics, but he has always performed when the game was on. His skills were on full display during the All-American Bowl where he had three tackles along with a pass deflection and a pick. Hopefully being the second corner off the board can serve as motivation for him to show the Otters they made a mistake.

Round 3 (15) Colorado Yeti: Ryan Flock, S
Keeping with the trend of defensive backs the Yeti should be pleased if Flock is still available here and should grab him here to support what looks like a below-average secondary. He projects to be a great ball-hawking safety in the middle of the field.

Round 3 (16) San Jose SaberCats: Damian West, WR
While the Otters look the prevent points I think the Cats do the opposite and look to form a team that can turn every game into a track meet. Drafting West would go a long way towards giving San Jose the best offence in the league.

Round 3 (17) Baltimore Hawks: Jaylon Lee, LB
The Hawks enter the draft with one LB on their roster, however grabbing Lee would make for a mean pass rush and the strongest front seven in the league. If offensive lines are as shoddy as experts are predicting this type of team makeup could pay dividends.

Round 3 (18) Arizona Outlaws: Mayran Jackson, S
Along the same line of thinking as the Ryan Flock grabbing Jackson here can help to mask a weaker secondary. He has the best hands of any DBs and should have his share of picks, coaches will need to hope that his ball-hawking does not lead to him missing tackles though.

Code:
1105 words

Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - RavensFanFromOntario - 05-29-2017

I did say that, I love me some possession tight ends :lol:

Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - timeconsumer - 05-29-2017

Angus Winchester 1st overall?!?!

It does have a nice ring to it....

(05-29-2017, 03:26 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Angus Winchester 1st overall?!?!

It does have a nice ring to it....

The fans might not appreciate you, but GMs will!

Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - enigmatic - 05-29-2017

I do like otters.

[Image: 8DfGrXU.jpg]

I'll be interesting to see if the GMs will indeed go for the positions with the fewest available players first.

Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - daBenchwarmer - 05-29-2017

:angry: No Ethan Hunt?

Good article man, keep it up Smile

Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - Lainncli - 05-29-2017

Not a single running back in the first three rounds? I suppose there are a fair few of us, but still...

Kel Miper Jr.'s mock draft (firs three rounds) - EvanR123 - 05-29-2017

Not having Andrew Kreklow or Alexander Selich as the first LBs off the board is preposterous.

(05-29-2017, 03:40 PM)daBenchwarmer Wrote::angry: No Ethan Hunt?

Good article man, keep it up Smile

Unfortunately, Miper has Hunt as his #3 QB and figures the Wraiths will wait to grab him.

(05-29-2017, 03:43 PM)EvanR123 Wrote:Not having Andrew Kreklow or Alexander Selich as the first LBs off the board is preposterous.

Are Kreklow or Selich as much fun to say as Flimjollywop though?