International Simulation Football League
*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Not Famous Yet Online Magazine (/showthread.php?tid=7343)

Pages: 1 2

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - PDXBaller - 02-05-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: kPvE0mg.jpg][/div]

Welcome to the first issue of the Not Famous Yet Magazine! An online magazine covering all the latest Developmental Simulation Football League news, headlines, highlights and insights. This will be a weekly to bi-weekly article series that will also include interviews from GMs, players, and prospects. You may fondly remember the Red Zone series that lasted a whole 2 issues, but I've decided to join forces with @Roly to expand the Not Famous Yet brand and focus on written media for the DSFL as a companion to his podcast.

In our first issue of the Not Famous Yet, we review the results of the Ultimini, present an NSFL mock draft of the first round, preview the S6 DSFL Bowl Game, and an interview with Norman Bagwell.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Robots Reign Supreme in the DSFL
[Image: rYmRrOEm.jpg][/div]
The robots from Palm Beach were designed and concocted from the mastermind of Mike Booter, self-proclaimed ‘Lord of the Bots’. With just 70 TPE across all his robots, Booter crafted a well-designed offense and defense that led the league in all offensive categories and first in 2 defensive categories. Palm Beach bots could be found leading most individual categories as well on both sides of the ball.

Despite a valiant effort by the defending DSFL champions, the Portland Pythons could not overcome the Solar Bear cyborgs. In the face of great odds, the Pythons had the best chance to defeat the Solar Bears having the most active players on their roster and most well rounded team in terms of offensive and defensive players. Quarterback Austin Roenick threw for 151 yards and 1 touchdown and Borro Gore was a standout in the offense with 19 attempts and 69 yards. Newcomer Thomas Kane III fit the Pythons defense like a glove with 7 tackles and 1 pass deflection along with an incredible performance by Norman Bagwell with 6 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recovery.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: YbYjt46m.jpg]
Palm Beach Quarterback Jim McMahon T-1000 answering press conference questions post-Ultimini[/div]

These was a close game with Palm Beach leading at the half after a Willie Gault touchdown to put the Solar Bears up 14-10. The third quarter featured a strong defensive effort on both sides with putting on an amazing performance. The closest Palm Beach could get was their side of the field at the 25 yard line and the closest Portland could get was Palm Beach’s 38 yard line. In the end, the Palm Beach offense was too much for Portland to overcome and they lost a close game with a final score of 17-13.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]S6 NSFL Mock Draft[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 24yZcRgm.jpg]
Prospective NSFL Rookie Cordell Joshua showcasing his pass rushing ability[/div]

With the NSFL draft this Friday on 2/9, many DSFL hopefuls are looking forward to the next step of their career. Here is the S6 NSFL Mock Draft sponsored by Russell Athletics.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] NOLA 1st Overall - Brian Mills | Linebacker | Tijuana Luchadores NOLA [/div] Brian Mills put up monstrous stats with 142 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 1 interception, and 1 pass deflection. He's also been incredibly active in training and easily the most consistent player in this draft having bought all his training early on in the DSFL season and hasn't missed a single opportunity to train. Mills will easily be the number 1 pick overall. We could elaborate on how amazing he is, but many teams are already aware of his commitments to his team and league overall.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] COL 2nd Overall - Dwayne Aaron | Wide Receiver | Portland Pythons COL [/div] If you’ve been following his activity on Twitter, you’ll notice that quarterback Nick Pierno has been slowly working on convincing DSFL rookies about the prospect of playing in Colorado (Twitter Link). Aaron is an obvious choice for the Yeti, having led the DSFL in receptions, yards, and touchdowns if you don’t count the bot players (#botslivesdontmatter). Aaron is another stud possession receiver from the Pythons and set the season record for most touchdowns in DSFL history. Pierno will have a solid group of receivers by adding Aaron to the core and the Yeti will have a competitive passing game with this pick. We could go on ad nauseam about Aaron's accomplishments!

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] SJS 3rd Overall - Cordell Joshua | Defensive End | Kansas City Coyotes SJS [/div] Joshua came into the league as a waiver pickup for the Coyotes and has remained one of the best defensive players in his DSFL tenure despite being overlooked by any analysts and experts. San Jose will be looking to replace Enchilada Charlton from season 2 and Joshua is an incredible pass rushing threat that will finally send the Sabercats into the playoffs. Joshua led the DSFL in tackles for loss with 17 and finished the season with 1 safety. San Jose should be a treat to watch on defense next season with Dan Miller, Calkewlated Chambers III, Chidubem Okonkwo, and Cordell Joshua in the front 4. That is one scary looking defensive line!

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] PHI 4th Overall - Norman Bagwell | Defensive Tackle | Portland Pythons PHI [/div] Bagwell leads the draft class with the highest TPE and big men are always a hot commodity in the league. He put up decent stats as a defensive tackle for the Pythons during the regular season, but really shined in the playoffs with 4 tackles and 2 sacks against Norfolk along with 6 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble/fumble recovery against Palm Beach. This may come as a surprise to many since Philadelphia already has Eli Kamaka and Godfrey King, but Bagwell has been open to dropping weight to become a defensive end for quite some time now. Bagwell could help out the Liberty's front by replacing the retired Big Bot.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] NOLA 5th Overall - Elvin Enchant | Linebacker | Tijuana Luchadores NOLA[/div]The other half of Tijuana’s 2 headed monster, Elvin “The Playmaker” Enchant become a standout on defense in his own right. He had 98 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 7 sacks, 2 interceptions, and 10 pass deflections at the end of the season. New Orleans needs a playmaker like Enchant and having him on the team with Bagwell will provide Second Line with the defense they sorely need to be competitive.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] BAL 6th Overall - Glenn McPoyal | Tight End | Portland Pythons BAL [/div]Baltimore will be looking for a true tight end to join their already solid receiving core of LeClair, Willie, and Wachter. McPoyal played as a possession tight end in a stacked Pythons offense, but managed to get 58 receptions, 438 yards, and 2 touchdowns in the regular season followed by a stellar performance in the playoffs that helped the Pythons defeat the Seawolves in the conference playoffs. He’s no pushover on the offensive line either, earning 18 pancakes and only had 2 sacks allowed in the regular season.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] YKW 7th Overall - None Forfeit | Kicker/Punter | Tijuana Luchadores YKW [/div]With Joseph Lombardi leaving the team in the off season for New Orleans, the Wraiths will need a starting kicker like None Forfeit. He finished the regular season with 100% completions on extra points with an astounding 23/25 field goal rate. This kid can kick and far too! He didn’t have any opportunities outside the 50+ range, but was absolutely solid from 40-49 with a 5/6 completion rate. The question is whether Yellowknife will take a kicker in the first round. We’ve seen kickers like Dean Jackson ramp up quickly in the NSFL and become successful so there’s no reason to believe Forfeit can’t achieve the same result for Yellowknife.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] OCO 8th Overall - Borro Gore | Runningback | Portland Pythons OCO [/div]How do you improve on a team that’s won the Ultimus twice in a row without multis? Orange County has built up one of the most respectable organizations in the league that features the best defense and passing offense in NSFL history. With Jack Durden leaving for free agency, the Otters may look to replace him to maintain their depth at runningback with Borro Gore. Gore became a focal point of the Pythons offense at week 9 and has maintained a high level of play throughout the end of the season and into the playoffs. He finished with 201 attempts for 715 yards and led the league with 8 touchdowns for runningbacks. Gore is a versatile power back that can block and run sweeps in impressive fashion.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: XmGlH5um.jpg][/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Not Famous Yet Podcast Awards[/div]Here are the NFY Awards from the Not Famous Yet podcast for the conclusion of the S6 DSFL Season. Listen to the podcast here: LINK

The “PSH Expectations” (beat high expectations) Award: Roly - Norman Bagwell, Hero - Elvin Enchant
The Biggest Draft Bust Award: R - Gustav Rodriguez, Hero - Jerry Ricecake
The Biggest Draft Steal Award: R - Dwayne Aaron, H - Rob Anderson
Special Teams Rookie of the Year Award: R - Blessed Storm, H - Forfeit
Defensive Rookie of the Year Award: R and H - Elvin Enchant
Offensive Rookie of the Year Award: R - Borro Gore, H - Dwayne Aaron, Alfredo - Austin Roenick
DSFL Rookie MVP: R - Dwayne Aaron, H - Elvin Enchant, A - Dwayne Aaron

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]S6 NSFL Prospect/S6 DSFL Pro Bowl Game[/div]Be sure to keep an eye out in the announcements for details on the upcoming S6 NSFL Prospect/S6 DSFL Pro Bowl Game where we will announce the rosters and special guest GMs for the North and South conferences. The game will be this Wednesday, on 2/7.

Here's a preview of the potential rosters:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] POR All-Stars Roster (POR/KC) KCC
Special Guest GM: Ahriman
QB: Borkus Maximus III, Austin Roenick
RB/FB: Borro Gore, Robby Rainey, Ross Germo
WR: Dwayne Aaron, Blessed Storm, Jerry Ricecake
TE: Poopyface Tomatonose, Glenn McPoyal, Tor Tuck

DE: Vernon Collins, Cordell Joshua, Wendell Blye
DT: Norman Bagwell, Deez Nutts, Gustav Rodriguez
LB: Jack Dwyer
CB: Egan Winter
S: Bobby Ruckus

K/P: Micycle McCormick [/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] TIJ All-Pros Roster(TIJ/SA) SA
Special Guest GM: run_CMC
QB: Arbin Asipi Jr., Mike Vick, Mantis Toboggan
RB/FB: William Nyquist, Lil Bot, Carter Bush
WR: Grey Slax, Antonio Legion
TE: Clown Baby

DT: Bogdan Wojcik
LB: Elvin Enchant, Brian Mills, Rob Anderson
CB: Storm Woods, Manson Killer

K/P: Forfeit[/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Interview with Norman Bagwell[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: xQGq71Nm.jpg][/div]
We had an opportunity to speak with potential top draft pick, Norman Bagwell, for a brief interview.

NFY: How was your time in the DSFL now that you’ve completed a full season?
It was definitely a fun time and I’m glad I had the chance to experience it to the fullest extent. Winning the Ultimini last season was fun, but losing to the bots in Palm Beach was a heartbreaker. Our team worked really hard and we had the most actives out of all the teams and still couldn’t come up with a win. We faced some good competition from active teams too and I was bummed that we couldn’t play the Marshals again.

NFY: What are you looking forward to in the NSFL?
I think the next level will bring some new challenges that I’m looking forward to. From the discussions I’ve had with NSFL GMs, I think I can make a real impact at the next level and show everyone why they call me “The Bull”.

NFY: What teams do you think would be a good fit?
The Otters are the first team that comes to mind for me since they are a world class team with great leadership and an amazing defense to boot. I had the best interaction with their team out of all the other meetings I had and it was cool to speak with Marc Spector on a personal level. I probably won’t have a chance to go there considering the needs of many other teams and my position at DT. I also think New Orleans is a great city and I’m excited to maybe be the face of a rebrand and fresh team.

NFY: Any words for the new incoming DSFL rookies?
Listen to your GMs and be consistent as much as possible. Training is the key to success in everything you do. Stay active in the locker room and training!

Be on the lookout for the next issue and good luck to all the DSFL Rookies in the upcoming draft!

Quote:$500k to Bagwell for his interview and the rest to me please!

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - PoloPro - 02-05-2018

Well done sir

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - jparks98 - 02-05-2018

I always love when the magazines come around, great read!

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - run_CMC - 02-05-2018

This is cool af. Awesome work PDX

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - Roly - 02-05-2018

Awesome stuff and the best addition to NFY. Superb work @PDXBaller

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - Raven - 02-05-2018

Great work, was a very fun read!

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - Supersquare04 - 02-05-2018

This is trash you didn't even mention the GOAT steve fuller

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - PaytonM34 - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 04:46 PM)PDXBaller Wrote:(#botslivesdontmatter)

DELETE THIS NEPHEW....

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - PDXBaller - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 04:34 PM)PaytonM34 Wrote:DELETE THIS NEPHEW....

:angry:

*Not Famous Yet Online Magazine - CDub2 - 02-05-2018

PDX, do you ever do anything mediocre? Excellent as always