International Simulation Football League
*Introducing Sam Penner - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Introducing Sam Penner (/showthread.php?tid=7353)

*Introducing Sam Penner - Pens - 02-06-2018

As the S6 DSFL draft grows closer and closer, we're beginning to see a number of shining prospects jump out of the mix and place themselves in prime position to be scooped up in the early rounds of the draft. This class already is showing some incredible young talents at every position, and a draft that is starting to look offensive heavy, the DSFL should expect some phenomenal numbers this season. We sat down with one of this draft's finest young players and it's only current quarterback prospect, Sam Penner for an exclusive interview last night to figure out what his thoughts are heading into his first ever professional football draft.

Interviewer: Sam, you come from a successful football program in Miami, how is it going to be adjusting to the new dynamic of a different caliber of play in the DSFL? Are you worried?

I don't think worried is the right word to describe how I'm feeling. As much as coming into my own in a new league is daunting, I'm incredibly excited to play alongside some of the players who I've been playing against the past four years in college. The DSFL is just an opportunity for the best of us to shine with each other, so I'm exhilarated more than anything else.

Interviewer: You mentioned playing alongside "the best of us", who do you think some of your fellow top prospects in this class are?

The number one name that sticks out to me in this class so far is (Howard) Miller. He was absolutely amazing in the few games he played in Tijuana last season and he's been progressing like no other prospect so far. I'm really excited to see what he can bring to the offensive table this season, and if me and him were paired together I would be ecstatic to have an offensive option like him at my disposal. Another big player, someone on the other side of the ball is Thomas (Kane III) who also got his start last season in the DSFL. Kane is an outstanding young linebacker and he's going to be a vital part of any team he plays for this coming season.

Interviewer: What are some TEAMS who have stood out to you in the early stages of this draft preparation?

I've been in contact with two of the DSFL teams, the Portland Pythons and Tijuana Luchadores. Looking through the upcoming draft class I realized that the number one team for producing top young talents in the recent years has been the Portland Pythons with a number of top names coming through their ranks so they definitely draw a lot of interest. The Luchadores are also a very solid team, boasting a couple top name talents themselves. I'm not counting out the other four DSFL teams at this time but expressing interest in me via email is definitely the way to get me interested. In the end I'll just be happy to be playing football.

Interviewer: What are your goals for your first season in the DSFL?

I would love to just put up some solid rookie quarterback numbers. I haven't looked through any of the record books so I'm not sure if I could try and make a move to overtake any of those, but getting my name in those books would be amazing. I think that the chances of me getting a starting role on a team this season are pretty slim, what with a fairly strong QB class this year before me, but you never know how the cards will play out.

hey guys, ask me more questions below that I will use for a seperate presser article since I saw you need to classify those different or something. these questions were all written by me so I don't think they count? correct me if I'm wrong tho

Code:
Word Count - 650

*Introducing Sam Penner - Bzerkap - 02-06-2018

Who's play do you model yourself most after?

*Introducing Sam Penner - Supersquare04 - 02-06-2018

You may be the only other Quarterback in the S7 draft class, but chances are that S6 quarterback Austin Roenick will be returning to the DSFL, with him having a huge jump start in both age and experience in the DSFL how do you think you can beat Roenick?

As a S7 prospect you will be apart of the 2nd generation of quarterbacks, however it may take some time for you to develop. are you willing to wait in the DSFL for a couple seasons before the NSFL is ready for the second generation?

*Introducing Sam Penner - PoloPro - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 12:00 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Who's play do you model yourself most after?
Baitted