International Simulation Football League
*From the Desk of Adam Ess, Outlaws GM - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *From the Desk of Adam Ess, Outlaws GM (/showthread.php?tid=7358)

*From the Desk of Adam Ess, Outlaws GM - AdamS - 02-07-2018

A year come and gone. It's been a wild ride that started with a legitimate fear of not being able to put a quality team on the field and ended with a playoff appearance. In between lay a lot of moves, questions, obstacles, victories, defeats, disappointments, and pleasant surprises. And more than one late night phone call from the Commissioner about my "unconventional" public speaking. Throw in some muckraking by a hack that my Tight End Charlie Law refers to as "Stephen Shifter" and it all adds up to an insane year.

It's a new year now, though. There is no question we can put a good football team on the field. We proved it multiple times, including after we traded away first Josh Garden and then Fuego Wozy. Names were called. Claims were made. Things were said. Most of them were about me. How'd those work out by the way? I'll remind you. Buddha Browning broke out and looked like a star. Omar Wright came in and provided solid backup to Reg Mackworthy and an extra target for The King. We added Jogn Floggity, who had a hell of a season, and in general picked up some draft capitol.

We showed a tremendous ability to continually adapt. An ability we carry forward to this much much less crazy offseason. The biggest question I get now is about our possible move, now that Las Vegas has moved to New Orleans. Love the name Second Line by the way. Ryan doesn't. He's gonna be cross with me again for saying that in public but I love teasing my highly paid and capable sidekick. Second Line is a great cultural touchstone that the fans of New Orleans will appreciate. At least it wasn't another cat or bird. Just look at the NCAA if you don't know what I mean.

About that move. You're not really asking. You're pretty sure you already know the answer. You just want me to say it. The fact that I bought land in four cities and began plumbing and basic construction for very large buildings in all four cities is wildly unrelated and unimportant. Vegas could use a baseball stadium after all. Atlanta needs large scale shopping and dining options in that part of the city. Seattle is trying to attract the Olympics in the future. Boise is a fast growing city that could use a modern large scale arena of any kind very very soon. Clearly these purchaes and buildings have nothing to do with the NSFL.

It's an exciting time in Outlaw HQ. Edith won an award for our social media presence. Our reputation is now a conversation piece instead of a focus. We had a season that knocked expectations on their ass. We set the NSFL record for most points scored in a season. The King set a record for most touchdowns thrown. We had 3 great rookies who really progressed throughout the season. Andreas Waiters spent so much time in opposing backfields that I wanted to call him the Lawn Boy. Apparently my nicknames aren't good. Darren Morris was a solid presence in the secondary who continually improved and was calling defensive plays under the tutelage of Harrif Ernston by the end of the season. Dean Jackson lived up to every inch of the promise we saw in him. So many things went well.

At the end of the season we said goodbye to Arbin Asipi the player and hello to Arbin Asipi, Defensive Line Coach. It's no secret we'll be targeting Arbin Jr in the draft. I'm pretty sure the former strongest player in the league will be pushing our guys in the weight room and on the field. With the draft in a few days, it's going to be exciting to see where things end up. On that note. I've got some prep work to do. Looking forward to another season, with a new mindset and the same hunger. We watched the Dust on the Horizon last season. Now it's time for these Outlaws to focus on The Next Score!

-Adam Ess
Outlaws GM

Code:
683 WORDS

*From the Desk of Adam Ess, Outlaws GM - dropbear - 02-07-2018

Thoroughly enjoyed that read. You've got a great writing style! Anything that keeps me hooked despite being about the Outlaws must be great Smile)

*From the Desk of Adam Ess, Outlaws GM - AdamS - 02-07-2018

thanks! i like delving into the character of the gm as well Big Grin

*From the Desk of Adam Ess, Outlaws GM - dropbear - 02-07-2018

(02-07-2018, 09:48 PM)AdamS Wrote:thanks! i like delving into the character of the gm as well  Big Grin

For what it's worth, I totally bought into it. And I was impressed at the GM having his finger in so many pies -- clearly a shrewd businessman

*From the Desk of Adam Ess, Outlaws GM - bagwell - 02-07-2018

Go Outlaws! Nice piece.