International Simulation Football League
*The Race to 1000 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Race to 1000 (/showthread.php?tid=7361)

*The Race to 1000 - timeconsumer - 02-07-2018

Since the inception of the league the TPE milestones have come and gone and been broken by a handful of individuals constantly vying for supremacy in the top ranks of the league. Early on Logan Noble was the league's leader in TPE, however it would later be revealed those were ill-gotten gains. His fall from the top led to the rise of perennial second-place but legitimate earner Josh Garden. He remained at the top of the rankings for several seasons, being the first to break the 500 TPE barrier, before giving up the TPE crown to yours' truly, Angus Winchester.

Now having held the TPE leader crown for several seasons Angus Winchester has new competition as they all throw themselves headfirst at the 1000 TPE wall, looking to cement their place in history. At the top with Winchester is arguably the league's biggest steal of all time, Running back Boss Tweed. Having joined the league with little fanfare and being drafted in the seventeenth round (yes, 17) he has constantly taken low contracts while sustaining one of the hardest work ethics around. The other top competitor is actually a season behind these two, and no we're not talking about Kevin Cushing. Dermot Lavelle is only a handful of TPE behind the two season one leaders, presumably with his cornerback stat caps allowing him to purchase equipment long since unavailable to the others giving him the edge.

So as of right now, here are the standings for our three TPE leaders as they approach the 1000 TPE goal.

Angus Winchester - 948 TPE
Boss Tweed - 937 TPE (adding unclaimed stuff)
Dermot Lavelle - 928 TPE (adding unclaimed stuff)

So all things equal we currently have 20 TPE in between the top 3 guys. With Winchester needing 52 to secure the title, what steps does he have to take to get it? And what do the other guys have to do in order to catch up?

Alright, so Season 6 and equipment purchase begins on Weds, February 14th and the draft is a few days before. Let's do some numbers.

Next week TPE opportunities
Training +5
Activity Check +2
There was no PT this week so there won't be a claim up for that next week.

That's 7 TPE bringing the standings to:
Angus Winchester - 955
Boss Tweed - 944
Dermot Lavelle - 935

And then equipment is available. Winchester has less he can buy because he is capped in many stats. Dermot has lots of options.
Angus Winchester +20
Boss Tweed +36 (or 32 if equipment rule doesn't pass)
Dermot Lavelle +36

The standings become:
Boss Tweed - 980 (maybe 976)
Angus Winchester - 975
Dermot Lavelle - 971

Tweed jumps me in the rankings . Shit All three have the money for this as of right now also.

Mock Draft TPE (probably gets the claim posted next week): 4 Participation + 0-8 depending on results. Dermot and Winchester get the average of all predictions because one is HO and one is a team staff member. Tweed can get anything in between.

This one is hard to gauge because it depends a lot on what happens with the draft. Tweed could potentially get 4 or 12 or anything in between. Winchester and Dermot could also, but it is much more likely they get something in the middle. I'll post ranges.
Boss Tweed - 984 - 992
Angus Winchester - 980 - 983
Dermot Lavelle - 976 - 979

Then we have Training Camp: 4 for Tweed and Winchester, 5 for Dermot (S2)
Boss Tweed - 988 - 996
Angus Winchester - 984 - 987
Dermot Lavelle - 980 - 983

This is very likely how we close out at the end of next week on 2/17. Tweed is potentially ready to snap up the 1000 mark with just training and acitivty check if he has a good mock, Dermot and Winchester probably not.

So, one more week:
Training +5
Activity Check +2

Right there Tweed breaks the barrier IF he gets 5 or more right on his mock. Otherwise he has to wait until the PT claims are posted for the prior week's PTs.

Weekday PT +3
Weekend PT +2

Standings are now:
Boss Tweed - 1000 - 1008
Angus Winchester - 996 - 999
Dermot Lavelle - 992 - 995

So by the end of the week of 2/24 and with the regular season about to start Boss Tweed can secure the trophy as the first to break 1000, no matter how well or poorly he does on his mock draft. Dermot and Winchester cannot break it unless the league average for the mock draft league average is 5 or higher. If that is the case and Boss Tweed only gets 4 or fewer points on his mock then Angus Winchester and Boss Tweed will tie each other as they both will break 1000 in the same update.

So there you have it. Assuming all three members continue on their path of adding TPE as fast as possible all signs are currently indicating that Boss Tweed will be the first to 1000 TPE in the NSFL. So on that note, I'd like to offer a preliminary congratulations to you for being an incredible player in this league. @PigSnout

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this.

*The Race to 1000 - Pens - 02-07-2018

1000 TPE, man that’s insane. I’ll be hitting 100 this week lmao

(02-07-2018, 01:23 PM)Pens Wrote:1000 TPE, man that’s insane. I’ll be hitting 100 this week lmao

We all started at 50. It took me over 8 months to get here so it's a marathon not a sprint. And to be honest most positions the difference between a 600 TPE player and a 900 TPE player is almost nothing.

*The Race to 1000 - PigSnout - 02-07-2018

Thanks for the shoutout :cheers:

*The Race to 1000 - iamslm22 - 02-07-2018

I'm almost at 800 - trying to gain on you guys

*The Race to 1000 - TheWoZy - 02-07-2018

Boss Tweed is the GOAT

*The Race to 1000 - 124715 - 02-07-2018

I had one month where I went nearly inactive. Still suffering the consequences at a measly 600

*The Race to 1000 - 37thchamber - 02-07-2018

Is this assuming the rule change for equipment doesnt go through, or just ... no matter what?

(02-07-2018, 07:27 PM)37thchamber Wrote:Is this assuming the rule change for equipment doesnt go through, or just ... no matter what?

This is assuming it does. If it does not then Tweed and I have a greater chance to tie.