International Simulation Football League
*Senior Bowl Sabotage - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Senior Bowl Sabotage (/showthread.php?tid=7372)

*Senior Bowl Sabotage - dropbear - 02-08-2018

The first ever Senior Bowl is in the books, marking an important milestone in the continued growth of the NSFL. However, before the dust has even settled from the DSFL rookie showcase, scandalous claims have surfaced of alleged tampering with a player's equipment.

Despite a crucial, perhaps game-winning performance by wide receiver Howard Miller, which saw the promising youngster haul in 6 catches for 96 yards (16ypc) and 2 touchdowns (including the game-winner), Miller could be heard cursing loudly in the tunnels when leaving the field after the game. Not only did this behaviour not make sense given his side's win and his own performance, it is also extremely out of character. Miller is described as soft-spoken and polite by college teammates and opponents alike, with many commenting on the parallels between Miller and Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota.

Although Miller was unavailable for comment after the match, reporters spoke with his manager, retired NSFL offensive lineman Ben Longshaw.

Q) Ben, thanks for speaking with us. Can you shed some light on Howard's actions after the games?

A) Yes. While my client is not prepared to make a formal accusation at this time, it is our belief that his equipment was tampered with prior to kickoff.

Q) Can you clarify what led you to this belief?

A) It was evident Howard was frustrated with his performance. However, his actions told me that there was more to the story than that. He isn't one to let a bad game get to him or to ever cause a scene, so as you can imagine, I was concerned. I spoke with Howard in private and he confirmed that prior to kickoff, the cleats and gloves he had purchased in anticipation for the game and had placed in his locker, had been removed. As this game was his last chance to showcase his abilities, I had given Howard an advance on his contract to purchase the equipment, on the basis of my strong belief in the likelihood of him being a top draft pick. Understandably, he is quite shaken.

Q) Ben, we don't understand. By all accounts, Howard's performance has only increased his draft value. And what reason would anyone have to tamper with the equipment of a DSFL prospect?

A) At this point in time, we aren't sure of the motives behind the actions. And, as was stated, Howard is not ready to make a formal accusation. What can be confirmed, though, simply through watching footage of the match and speaking with teammates whose lockers were adjacent to Howard's, is that he was not wearing the gloves or cleats he had set out for himself ahead of the game. Whether they were removed due to an innocent mistake or out of malice, we are yet to determine with certainty, but we will be investigating the matter. And while Howard's game-winning performance was impressive, he and I know it was less than he is capable of, and the game wouldn't have been nearly as close if not for this disappointing situation.

So, was it sabotage by a rival prospect, a calculated attack by an enemy Longshaw made during his NSFL career, or simply a stroke of misfortune? It seems too big of a coincidence for one of the top-rated player's equipment to mysteriously disappear moments before their final chance at improving their draft position, but this reporter isn't prepared to jump to any conclusions at this point in time. Only time will tell, and until then, all DSFL prospects will need to keep eyes in their back of their heads, and fixed on their equipment, until they're safely on the other side of draft day.

Or maybe the updates will be done at a later date :interview:

Code:
611 words | ready for grading

*Senior Bowl Sabotage - Pens - 02-08-2018

Great article, super excited to play with or against you this season!

*Senior Bowl Sabotage - dropbear - 02-08-2018

(02-09-2018, 02:40 AM)Pens Wrote:Great article, super excited to play with or against you this season!

Thank you! Likewise :cheers:

*Senior Bowl Sabotage - timeconsumer - 02-08-2018

I blame Dermot

*Senior Bowl Sabotage - PDXBaller - 02-09-2018

I love the drama!