International Simulation Football League
*Robby Rainey: Post-Prospect Bowl/PreDraft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Robby Rainey: Post-Prospect Bowl/PreDraft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=7373)

*Robby Rainey: Post-Prospect Bowl/PreDraft Presser - AzhekAhriman - 02-08-2018

Robby Rainey takes the podium after posting an even 5 YPC on 17 carries as part of the two headed rushing attack of the North's All Stars in the prospect game. Rainey is excited to talk about the draft, his future in the NSFL, and the nailbiter of a game that saw the All Stars almost snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Ask away!

From @sapp2013

Code:
Is there any one team that you want to play for in the Nsfl?

A: Each NSFL team offers their own particular advantages but a few teams that I would be extremely excited to play for are the Liberty, the Wraiths, and the OCO.

The Liberty have a very inviting backfield at the moment. They need an RB1 that can be an every down back and make plays on the ground and in the passing game. I think I can be that player for a team and it would be nice to play for a team that isn't afraid to run the ball as a big part of their offense.

On the other hand, Orange County is coming off an Ultimus and have shown themselves to be one of the if not the best coached teams in the league. The roster is stacked and Yates is a beast at tailback, but I can imagine myself fitting in very well in that team environment and competing for touches at RB while contributing elsewhere on offense.

The Wraiths proved that they had what it took to get to the Ultimus last season but lacked the overall offensive firepower to knock the Otters off their perch. I think that I could be a versatile weapon in that offense and set myself up as heir apparent to Kennedy and Nuck.

Code:
Do you plan on playing in the Nsfl this season, or are you doing a victory lap in the dsfl?
A: While that will end up being a decision that myself and my agent make in discussion with the NSFL team that I am drafted to, I can see the appeal of both options. The way that KCC's season went down last year left a bad taste in many of the player's mouths and I can understand wanting to come back to give the people of Kansas what they deserve.... An Ultimini. That being said, having the chance to contribute on the biggest stage in the world is a tempting prospect and if I'm told that I can help a team win at the next level then that will be hard to pass up.

From @tbone415

Code:
Are you better than Steve Fuller?
A: Look, Fuller is a machine.... I mean quite literally, he is a robotic infiltrator posing as a DSFL QB. Have you seen him run for god's sake, he has WHEELS! With that said, I'm never going to say that any other player is flat out better than me because that would be a lie and momma didn't raise no Lyer. Steve Fuller may be fast, he may be shifty, but if it was mano-a-mano between me and the bot I know who I'd take....

From @124715

Code:
What is your strongest aspect as a player?
A: I think my strongest aspect as a player is my willingness to take the hits in between the tackles day in and day out. There are a lot of RBs these days who are basically WRs masquerading as ball carriers and I'm certainty not one of them. Now I'm not saying I can't or won't catch some passes here and there but when you see Robby Rainey in the backfield you better be watching that off-tackle right, cause I'm gonna be running downhill and taking no prisoners.

Code:
How would you feel if you landed in a pass-heavy offense? Do you find yourself better suited to running routes or pass blocking?
A: I think I would fit in just fine on a team that was looking to run some Mike Leach at Texas Tech sort of shenanigans. While I'm always the first one to call up the ole Power-I when the going gets hairy I understand the value of versatile players in the modern era of the NSFL. As to role I would prefer to be a pass catcher if in an offense that was pass happy, gotta get those numbers somehow after all (The performance bonus check isn't going to write itself!). I'll be working on both blocking and receiving during the off-season so I hope to be able to contribute whichever way my team needs most.

Code:
What is one area you'd like to work on in your game?
A: I think the area I'd like to work on most in my game is my strength. I've defined my career in college and in the DSFL by combining shifty speed and straight power to hit one cut and get downfield. It's a different story in the NSFL, however, the LBs are quicker and hit harder, the DL have the twitch speed off the line to blow plays up before they get going. Hell, even the DBs are pretty solid in run support these days (That is when they aren't chasing after Westfield down the sideline....). With that being said I'm really planning to hit the weight room so when those hits inevitably come it's the guys on the other team that fly backwards instead of me.

Code:
What did playing in the DSFL teach you?
A: Playing in the DSFL this season taught me a few critical lesson: The need for perseverance in the face of overwhelming odds, the value of an offensive line that leaves their heart and soul on the field each and every game, and benefit of having a strong rookie class around you. The Coyotes season was iffy from the start, and although new management started changing the culture pretty quickly I still had to grind through a bunch of blowouts before the results started to show on the field. I will also never not pick the tab up for an offensive line group ever again in my DSFL career (Even in Orange County....). Those guys put in so much work in the trenches and you can tell the difference between a great one and a mediocre one instantly. Finally, I had the pleasure to play with an under-recognized and immensley talented rookie class in KCC. From Borkus Maximus III slinging the ball around and throwing Brett Farve balls with two DTs hanging off him to Jack Dwyer and Cordell Joshua, to of the bext defensive players I've had the pleasure to play with. Everyone who put on a Coyotes uniform did it with pride and stomached a lot of poor play before we righted the ship. For someone coming from a title winning program in the SEC, seeing that kind of grit and determination really changed my outlook on the way the game is played.

Signing Off
Robby Rainey

*Robby Rainey: Post-Prospect Bowl/PreDraft Presser - sapp2013 - 02-08-2018

Is there any one team that you want to play for in the Nsfl?

Do you plan on playing in the Nsfl this season, or are you doing a victory lap in the dsfl?

*Robby Rainey: Post-Prospect Bowl/PreDraft Presser - tbone415 - 02-08-2018

Are you better than Steve Fuller?

*Robby Rainey: Post-Prospect Bowl/PreDraft Presser - 124715 - 02-08-2018

What is your strongest aspect as a player?

How would you feel if you landed in a pass-heavy offense? Do you find yourself better suited to running routes or pass blocking?

What is one area you'd like to work on in your game?

What did playing in the DSFL teach you?