International Simulation Football League
*Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser (/showthread.php?tid=7397)

*Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser - PaytonM34 - 02-10-2018

Just got drafted #1 overall to the New Orleans Second Line, and currently a Co-GM for the Tijuana Luchadores, ask me anything about my role in the NSFL or DSFL.

Code:
Would you agree that Tijuana develops the best defenders in the league?
100%. If you look at last seasons DSFL team, DROY Terrell Brister and first round pick Ryan Sierra came off of great seasons in Tijuana, and are dominating in the NSFL right now. This season we had myself, Elvin Enchant, and Bogdan Wojcik on defense, and was probably the most dominant defense in the league, besides maybe the terminators in Palm Beach. We're always looking for defensive talent in Tijuana, and it wouldn't be crazy to say that next seasons defense could be even better than the previous 2 seasons.

Code:
If one team you are a part of is guaranteed to be champion for 4 of the next seasons, the other team is guaranteed 4 wins over the next four seasons, and you cannot alternate, which do you pick for which?

I would have to say, just because of goals/priorities, that i would assign NOLA to the 4 champions, and Tijuana for the 1 win per season. The reasoning behind that, is that as a DSFL GM, wins are not always the #1 priority for the team. Developing a great rookie locker room, getting players familiar with the site, guiding them through things like updates and point tasks are way more important than competitiveness. I think in order to come out with 4 rings in 4 seasons in the DSFL, i would have to somehow sacrifice those priorities. And in the NSFL, wins are basically why you are here, so bringing 4 ships home in 4 seasons would be pretty awesome.

Code:
Are you as excited to play on the defense with me, as I am with you?

For sure, its a shame ill be stealing all of your tackles and picks though B)
Seriously though, watch out for NOLA defense next year, we're gonna be scary AF

Code:
Are you looking forward to the matches against the Otters, since Elvin and I are both there, and it'll be a reunion of sorts?
OCO games are gonna be circled on my calendar Wink definitely looking forward to the match up, just take it easy on my QB guys. Sucks that we cant go back and play on Lucha together for the next couple seasons, we could've had a defensive dynasty going on!

Code:
What advice would you give to S7 rookies that hope to go #1 overall like you did?
Stay active in your DSFL teams locker room. Talk with your GM's about everything possible, talk with other players, be a leader in the locker room. It's important in the DSFL that everyone is helping each other out to build the best team possible with the pieces you're given, it's gotta be a team effort. Next advice I would give is to stay on top of those teps. If you go an entire season without missing a PT, and you buy all of your equipment for the season, youll definitely be high enough in TPE to be considered for #1 overall. Last piece of advice is to talk to people outside of your DSFL team. This includes rookie mentors, NSFL GM's, other DSFL GM's, and everyone in between. Get your name out there, because if you aren't putting stats up on the boxscore, theres no other way to get yourself known.

Ready for grading

*Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser - timeconsumer - 02-10-2018

Would you agree that Tijuana develops the best defenders in the league?

*Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser - tlk742 - 02-10-2018

If one team you are a part of is guaranteed to be champion for 4 of the next seasons, the other team is guaranteed 4 wins over the next four seasons, and you cannot alternate, which do you pick for which?

*Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser - tbone415 - 02-10-2018

Are you as excited to play on the defense with me, as I am with you? :cheers:

*Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser - Squamish - 02-10-2018

Are you looking forward to the matches against the Otters, since Elvin and I are both there, and it'll be a reunion of sorts?

*Brian Mills NSFL Rookie Presser - SwagSloth - 02-10-2018

What advice would you give to S7 rookies that hope to go #1 overall like you did?