International Simulation Football League
*S6 Draft review from a players perspective - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S6 Draft review from a players perspective (/showthread.php?tid=7421)

*S6 Draft review from a players perspective - Supersquare04 - 02-11-2018

So I've already seen a gm make a draft recap but I'm a player so this is different. Also I need money.

1. NOLA Brian Mills NOLA

This was pretty much a given, Mills has already shown his dedication to the league as he has become a gm of the Luchadores. He passed Norman Bagwell in TPE shortly after the end of the S5 DSFL season. Which is quite impressive, Mills is an absolute animal and can be the staple of this defense that the Second Line (ugh) needs. I fully expect Mills to have a strong rookie season.

2. SJS Cordell Joshua SJS

I still laugh a little when I look at this pick. I mean I understand the reason they traded up but is Cordell Joshua THAT important? Needless to say Joshua is the 2nd best defensive player in this draft and they made a good choice getting him, but is he worth next years first round pick just to be 100% sure that he doesn't get picked by the Liberty? Now I'm not going to say this was the worst trade i've ever seen but there's so much defensive talent in this draft I don't think it was worth it. To be honest the real reason I hate this trade is because I miss out on 2TPE in my mock even though each of those players were drafted by the team I predicted, just in the wrong spot because stupid trades. Anyway, Joshua is a good pick and he is going to be a force to be reckoned with in a few years.

3. COL Dwayne Aaron COL

Not too much to say here, other than I am the GOAT (gotta toot my own horn a little bit right?). The Yeti were always going to take me at 2 so trading down to 3 and getting another 1st round pick next season is huge. I am really excited to get to work this season and cannot wait to see what we can do. The locker room has been great and from what I've seen the gms know what they?e doing between this draft and last years draft, plus the trade.

4. PHI Norman Bagwell PHI

Joining the already impressive defensive line of the Liberty is Norman Bagwell. He joins his old DSFL gm PDXBaller in Philadelphia, and together they look to tear up the NSFL this season. From what I saw in Portland Bagwell is a pretty active player who is not too vocal in the locker room. However he did seem like a good guy when I did talk to him. I'm excited to see what he does this season.

5. NOLA Poopyface Tomatonose NOLA

This players name is almost as dumb as his team name (sorry PFTN). But in all seriousness he is a great pickup here for the Second Line. He is the successor to PDXBaller in Portland so it is highly unlikely that he will magically go inactive (hopefully). This may not have been the greatest pick ever considering the defensive needs in New Orleans, but an active player usually wins out.

6. BAL Austin Roenick BAL

I hate the Hawks. I hate the Hawks. Why did you have to make him change? Ugh this is stupid. I was so hyped for Roenick to return to Portland and then in a few seasons come to the NSFL and start dominating. But nope he just goes out and position changes. I really hated this pick and I wish that Roenick didn't switch. My stomach sunk as soon as I saw Roenick was drafted to the Hawks. Anyway I hate this pick with all my heart. Screw the Hawks (not really I'm just mad about this pick).

7. YKW Borro Gore YKW

Huh quite an interesting pick...Borro Gore is an amazing player. He was quite active in the locker room and was nothing but positive throughout the season. He worked his way over John Goose in the depth chart after proving himself. He has been very active and will no doubt be a great boost to the Wraiths offense! Now if only they draft say 2 more running backs to go with their 2 current backs...Oh wait they did? what do they need 5 running backs for??

8. OCO Elvin Enchant OCO

Well this is just unfair. Enchant is a great player who is going to make an already dominant defense even better. I don't know too much about Enchant to say if he is a super active player, but I don't see how he has the kind of success in S5 without being extremely active.

Anyway I'm too lazy to write past the 1st round. Now time to go pay myself

789 Words
READY FOR GRADING