International Simulation Football League
Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Will there ever be a QB drafted again? (/showthread.php?tid=7422)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - ralz9 - 02-11-2018

Think about it, when the Wraiths had a QB dilemma, they had their highest earning TPE player switch (Yes, I get he was an OL player and they had a free switch). Now, Rove has gone inactive and a high-TPE cornerback is going to take his spot on the Liberty. Will there ever be a point in drafting a quarterback and grooming him to take the heir one day (a la Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay) if teams can just take a high TPE linebacker or whatever position they want and suddenly make them a quarterback?

Heck, I could decide to retire my player and the Yeti could make Boss Tweed (900+ TPE) the new quarterback.

If the Giants don't take a QB in real life this year and Eli shits the bed, they can't just move Landon Collins over and have him be just as productive (or anywhere even close) as a quarterback as he was as a safety.

Figured this is something worth discussing.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - DeathOnReddit - 02-11-2018

in real life teams dont have to worry about their qb deciding to never touch a football again.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - timeconsumer - 02-11-2018

I think it's a bit of a slippery slope to assume every team will have a high TPE something swap to QB every time they need a new one. But yes there probably could be a better way to discourage high TPE players from swapping to a very different position later on in life. There needs to be some math supporting it but it's definitely worth exploring.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - Pens - 02-11-2018

I really agree with this. Hearing that Philadelphia will now have a solid player taking over at QB means one less potential location for me, and that’s an interest killer.

(02-11-2018, 08:13 PM)DeathOnReddit Wrote:in real life teams dont have to worry about their qb deciding to never touch a football again.

Career-ending injuries? Random poor regression? Retirement?

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - Dangles13 - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 07:22 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:I think it's a bit of a slippery slope to assume every team will have a high TPE something swap to QB every time they need a new one. But yes there probably could be a better way to discourage high TPE players from swapping to a very different position later on in life. There needs to be some math supporting it but it's definitely worth exploring.
You could take a page out of the GOMHL book and have some sort of a scale based on seasons spent at your old position.

(02-11-2018, 08:31 PM)Dangles13 Wrote:You could take a page out of the GOMHL book and have some sort of a scale based on seasons spent at your old position.

Link?

(02-11-2018, 08:30 PM)Pens Wrote:I really agree with this. Hearing that Philadelphia will now have a solid player taking over at QB means one less potential location for me, and that’s an interest killer.

Bingo. Joining the league as a rookie QB should be competitive, but it shouldn't be impossible.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - timeconsumer - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 09:31 PM)Dangles13 Wrote:You could take a page out of the GOMHL book and have some sort of a scale based on seasons spent at your old position.

Wtf since when are you active here? Go back to hockeyland.

And yes that's kind of what I was thinking. But needs to be a bit more nuanced because changing from LB to DL or CB to S shouldn't have the same penalty as changing from DT to QB or TE to kicker.

Also it's worth noting that if we move to version 18 it has a built in penalty for changing from your original position to something else, with some changes being less penalty than others. And there is no way around this.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - Dangles13 - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 07:35 PM)ralz9 Wrote:Link?
Quote:Goalie <> Skater Position Change - $1,000,000 per season spent at old position.
Change position from Goal Tender to Skater (either D or F) or vice versa. Limit to once per career, in off season only. TPE penalty of 10% TPE per year spent at old be applied at time of change.