International Simulation Football League
*Miller to Miss Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Miller to Miss Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=7426)

*Miller to Miss Draft Day - dropbear - 02-11-2018

Howard Miller, the DSFL prospect considered a consensus first-round pick and possible first overall selection in tomorrow's draft, has announced he will not be in attendance when his name is called out, regardless of when that occurs.

Instead, Miller will be in his native Chicago, participating in a community outreach program for disadvantaged youth. The program sees local athletes return to their neighbourhoods to offer coaching and motivational speeches. A primary goal of the event is also fundraising for the charities and community groups involved in the program.

Miller has advised that he will have 6 jerseys with him on the day, one for each team. When his name is called and his DSFL team is revealed, he will sign their respective jersey, and it will be up for auction the very same day, with all proceeds going to charity.

The jersey may very well prove to be a valuable piece of memorabilia, as Miller has stated in no uncertain terms that he has very high expectations of himself for the season ahead.

"100 catches, 1300 yards, 10 touchdowns", he said when asked about his goals for the season.

"Watcher got 95 catches, I want to beat that. Mason got 1273 yards, I want to beat that. Pryor got 7 touchdowns, and I want to beat that too".

Miller's goals may seem ambitious, but recent developments in the DSFL have likely only increased his chances of setting record numbers across the board. Ahead of tomorrow's draft, Mark Strike has been confirmed as the Kansas City Coyotes starting quarterback. With a veteran QB at the helm looking to salvage his career, the Coyotes need not worry about filling what for most is a pressing need. Having the first overall pick means that in one fell swoop they can unite the top receiving prospect with arguably the best quarterback, a move that would have many jumping on board with Miller's predictions for the season ahead.

Miller shined the Senior Bowl -- the transitional college-to-DSFL game that provides prospects one final opportunity to impress league GMs -- with 6 catches for 96 yards and 2 touchdowns, including the game-winner near the end of regulation in the 4th quarter. It was an exciting preview of what Miller has to offer in the developmental league, as he works toward an inevitable career in the NSFL.

His impressive showing was also in spite of alleged tampering in the locker room, with Miller's manager Ben Longshaw -- the former San Jose Sabercats and Colorado Yeti offensive lineman -- advising the media after the Senior Bowl that he believed Miller's equipment had been stolen. There has been no official comment made on the matter by Miller or a spokesperson from the DSFL or NSFL.

In preparation for his absence from the draft day ceremony, Miller has pre-recorded an acceptance speech to be played when he is selected:

"I would like to thank the GM of this organisation for demonstrating their faith in me with this pick, and to the remaining 5 GMs for their consideration. I am honoured to be a part of the DSFL and look forward to doing everything I can to bring the Ultimini to this great city. I am excited for the season ahead, and can't wait to get to work in my new home, and to get back on the football field".

Regardless of where he is selected and by which team, Miller will be a force to be reckoned with in the DSFL. If the GM that is lucky enough to land him can also provide a competent quarterback and buy the pair enough time in the pocket to link up, it's likely this year will see one of the greatest offensive combinations in the league's short history.

Code:
626 words - ready for grading

I will actually be working during the draft tomorrow. Good luck to all other prospects and thanks in advance to the team that drafts me!

*Miller to Miss Draft Day - PDXBaller - 02-12-2018

Haha this is amazing! Love the prerecorded response.

*Miller to Miss Draft Day - Roly - 02-12-2018

The Marshals are going to be sad to see you missing the draft - but support your cause. Great write-up and best of luck tonight in the draft!

*Miller to Miss Draft Day - Pens - 02-12-2018

Even if you miss it, hope we find our way as teammates somehow cause you’re an OG Big Grin

*Miller to Miss Draft Day - AzhekAhriman - 02-12-2018

I'm sure there will be at least one firey draft recap to fill you in :ph34r: