International Simulation Football League
QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=763)

Pages: 1 2

QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - papap0st - 05-30-2017

Logan Ryder was a late developing story in college football, as he was an under-the-radar quarterback who led his team to 11 wins as a 2 year starter. He flew mostly under the radar because of his humbleness, and unwillingness to "act-out" for the media.

He is a left handed quarterback who threw for 3500 yds, 41 TD, and 6 INT his senior season at Wisconsin. He has spent his whole life in Wisconsin.

QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - Bengals1Fan - 05-30-2017

(05-30-2017, 02:50 PM)papap0st Wrote:Logan Ryder was a late developing story in college football, as he was an under-the-radar quarterback who led his team to 11 wins as a 2 year starter. He flew mostly under the radar because of his humbleness, and unwillingness to "act-out" for the media.

He is a left handed quarterback who threw for 3500 yds, 41 TD, and 6 INT his senior season at Wisconsin. He has spent his whole life in Wisconsin.
Hey Logan,

Will Thomas from Fox Sports One

1) What makes your stand out from the other QBs GM's have to choose from?
2) What other draftee do you most want to play with in the NSFL?
3) Which team would you prefer to play for?
4) Any teams you would pull an Eli Manning for and demand a trade?
5) In terms of humbleness, do you think you have the moxy to be one of 6 starting QBs in the league?

Thanks for your time.

(05-30-2017, 01:53 PM)killshot Wrote:Hey Logan,

Will Thomas from Fox Sports One

1) What makes your stand out from the other QBs GM's have to choose from?
2) What other draftee do you most want to play with in the NSFL?
3) Which team would you prefer to play for?
4) Any teams you would pull an Eli Manning for and demand a trade?
5) In terms of humbleness, do you think you have the moxy to be one of 6 starting QBs in the league?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the questions, Thomas.

I think what really makes me stand out from other quarterbacks is my ability to stay calm under pressure and assess a situation. You can see from my tape we had four 4th quarter comebacks where were had the ball in our hands to finish the game. I have the drive & work ethic that I think the coaches are looking for that some of the other guys might not have.

Ultimately I will be happy to play with anyone. I've made a lot of friends throughout college. But I always liked watching Cooper Christmas jump up for balls in the endzone. Granit Lewis is also a favorite to watch. He's just got some blazing speed. Ultimately though, Angus Winchester is someone I will always get along with. I know when he's on the line, I can just trust he will get things done. Chemistry is important, and I think those are all guys I think would work great together.

At the end of the day, I'm just going to be happy to play for a team. I will fill in my role, and do my job. I'm always going to compete, and I will make those around me work harder. And to answer your final question, Tom, I'm a professional on and off the field. I come to work and get my job done. I have the work ethic and ability to match. When you look at a lot of other guys, you could say they are definitely full of "moxy" - perhaps a bit cocky. I can look straight in the mirror and say I am the most confident quarterback out there. With that confidence comes swagger, but I'm never going to showcase & put the spotlight on myself.

QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - CamBrady - 05-30-2017

Hey Logan, thanks for taking some questions.

1. What one thing do you think separates you from the other quarterbacks in the draft
2. Who was your favorite quarterback to watch when you were growing up?
3. What level of running ability do you bring to the table on a scale from 1-10? 1 is like Peyton Manning and a 10 around Michael Vick in his prime.
4. What type of #1 receiver would you prefer, a big-bodied jump ball type, or a fast receiver capable of stretching the field?
5. If you could only choose one, would you rather have a strong receiving core, a strong running game, or an elite offensive line?

(05-30-2017, 02:37 PM)CamBrady Wrote:Hey Logan, thanks for taking some questions.

1. What one thing do you think separates you from the other quarterbacks in the draft
2. Who was your favorite quarterback to watch when you were growing up?
3. What level of running ability do you bring to the table on a scale from 1-10? 1 is like Peyton Manning and a 10 around Michael Vick in his prime.
4. What type of #1 receiver would you prefer, a big-bodied jump ball type, or a fast receiver capable of stretching the field?
5. If you could only choose one, would you rather have a strong receiving core, a strong running game, or an elite offensive line?

Definitely my ability to stay calm under pressure and lead a team. If you aren't calm under pressure, then you can throw away any other physical attributes you may possess. A cool collected mind will trump pure athletic ability when the going gets tough.

Honestly, my favorite quarterback growing up was Brett Favre. He was just so fun to watch. The guy may not have been the most accurate passer, but he could gun a ball into tight spaces. I was fortunate to then get to watch Aaron Rodgers, and he was fun to watch for all the right reasons. I think I've done an excellent job of combining both of their games into my own; at least from what I could see on TV.

Let's be real, I'm not Michael Vick. I mean, I ran a 4.64 40 at the combine, so I have SOME speed, but I'm not going to outrun a 4.24 guy in open field. To put a number on it, I'd say 6.7.

My idea target is someone who's easy to see, and able to get up. A tall, big, strong guy who can fight for the ball. I think burners have their purpose; everyone does. But give me a guy like Calvin Johnson and we will ball out.

Choosing one is hard. Of course, as a quarterback, you want all of those things. If I am being honest, I just want to be surrounded by guys who are willing to work and get the job done. That being said, I am mobile enough to move through the pocket and escape. In a perfect world, we will throw the ball 35-40 times, and run the ball 20-25. A strong running game is good to bring up the safeties, but depending on who is out there, you'd want speed so they can blow past the cheating coverage. If you have a solid group of receivers, they will catch the ball, but they need time to get open. Now we've gone full circle. Though, something I learned at a young age, the game starts with the ball in the offensive linemans hands. It's a battle at the trenches. If you have a good offensive line, you can run the ball & you can also give lesser receivers time to get open. I'm sorry for the long answer, but if I had to choose 1, give me the best 5 fat guys up front and I can make it work.

QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - Ghostspeed - 05-30-2017

Logan it's Pat Paulson from the Wisconsin WingT Gazette .

1. As your a fellow southpaw your favorite Left handed QB?

2. Being the low key QB you are, if your temperamental HB throws a fit in the huddle
Your four options are..
A.You freeze him with an icey glare
B. You have to waste a time out to get his positional coach to calm him down because you're not confrontational.
C. You ignore the called play and allow him to carry the ball for a three yard loss. And then help him up dust him off and tell him Shut the Fuck up in MY huddle.
D. Your own answer.

3. Are you prepared for being a backup till expansion?

4. Fishing or Hunting ?...and follow up..Ever do any mountain stream fly fishing?

5. Team that impressed you most... barring another rebranding?

(05-30-2017, 03:56 PM)Ghostspeed Wrote:Logan it's Pat Paulson from the Wisconsin WingT Gazette .

1. As your a fellow southpaw your favorite Left handed QB?

2. Being the low key QB you are,  if your temperamental HB throws a fit in the huddle
Your three options are..
A.You freeze him with an icey glare
B. You have to waste a time out to get his positional coach to calm him down because you're not confrontational.
C. You ignore the called play and allow him to carry the ball for a three yard loss. And then help him up dust him off and tell him Shut the Fuck up in MY huddle.
D. Your own answer.

3. Are you prepared for being a backup till expansion?

4. Fishing or Hunting ?...and follow up..Ever do any mountain stream fly fishing?

5. Team that impressed you most... barring another rebranding?

*laughs* Anyone who doesn't mention Steve Young in their list of favorite left handed quarterbacks is nuts. I mean, it's not even close, is it?

I've been in a huddle with a player who would just not even try on plays where he wouldn't get the ball. The best part about it is that everything is video taped. If someone isn't putting in 100%, I expect them to be substituted out. But in the moment; you have to stick to the plan. We work on the plan all week long, and we aren't going to stray from it. If I see an opportunity to audible a play where he is going to get the ball, and it's going to go in our favor, I will give him the ball. I'm always willing to throw a guy a bone if he earns it, but I won't deal with someone who's going to get all pouty in the huddle. When are you aren't calm and collected, you make mistakes. We will run the play and he will get subbed out. I won't scold someone with an audience. I'll speak to him about it privately on the sidelines.

I'm prepared for whatever is thrown at me. I have the incredible opportunity to be drafted by a professional club. Wherever I go, I'm going to work. The results will show their face when I'm ready.

I'd rather go fishing; I admit I've never had the opportunity to go hunting. I've always wanted to go, though. I golf a lot in my free time. I've never gone fly fishing, but I've seen some guys do it. Looks fun.

The Wraiths are about leadership and having good team chemistry. I'm going to fit in anywhere I go, but their pledge to work a roster around people who are able to feed off of each other is appealing. When everyone can feed off each other, your team can just do things that others cant. Not to mention, they seem to be the only team out there with a clear plan set in motion for how they want to operate.

QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - Kendrick - 05-30-2017

1. Do you feel spending your entire life in Wisconsin might make you crumbling under the pressure elsewhere?
2. Favourite Badgers alumni?
3.Waffles or Pancakes for breakfast?
4. What is your middle name?
5. Do you have a favourite QB in Madden video games?

QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - SimmerDownBruhh - 05-30-2017

What is your favorite offensive formation in football?

Which type of TE do you value more when you're on the field: block oriented to give you extra time in the pocket, another receiving threat type of TE to give you more options in the passing game, or a TE that can do either or on an more balanced scale?

Do you watch any reality TV shows?

What is your favorite genre of movie?

What is your first step to help you prepare before a game?

QB Logan Ryder Finally Holds Pre-Draft Presser - Jogn - 05-30-2017

If you could choose, what would your trading card look like?

If your GM called you and asked you to play a skill position, would you accept?

What position would you like to play if you weren't a Quarterback?

How would you rate your performances in the Axe series you played? GMs will be looking for how you can perform in a big game

Madison has been described as the best college sports town in the country - how do you think you'll aclimate to a less passionate crowd, especially in a town smaller than Madison like Yellowknife?