International Simulation Football League
*tlk's week 1 power rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *tlk's week 1 power rankings (/showthread.php?tid=7668)

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - tlk742 - 02-22-2018

I didn’t do the preseason because I knew it was going to be useless. Here we go, no deltas as it has been a while.
By the index power rankings, the Otters sit at 1.
Power rankings indicate that if two teams face off with all things neutral, the higher team should win, does that happen? It’s why we play the game.

1. OCO Orange County Otters (1-0)
The returning champions, returned to form, and maybe a bit back to earth? If you look only at the final score, yes. But you have fewer than four minutes in the third quarter and a 32 points of a lead, the defense may go prevent.

2. PHI Philadelphia Liberty(1-0)
In a slugfest that nearly became a 4th quarter choke, The Liberty beat the NSFC Champions in Canada. There’s not much more to say as to why they’re second. The defense put up two picks, and while they were not great at stopping Akselen’s run, they were able to do just about everything else. Granted, upset wins at the start of the season don’t mean much and the team can fall hard.

3. SJS San Jose SaberCats (1-0)
Speaking of upset wins at the start of the season don’t mean much and the team can fall hard, the Sabercats pulled off an upset win against the Outlaws at home. Some good things did happen like 4 picks. But that’s where the Cats need to look at their offense. The fact that the game was a five point difference despite the +4 turnover differential means that the offense really needs to sit down and figure out what works, because right now, it is looking like it is sputtering like last year.

4. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths (0-1)
The Wraiths may just write this loss off, but the impact here could be huge. Home field advantage may be what they need to take home the Ultimus, but right now they are a game behind. The Wraiths have the resources and tools to compete, and nearly did make a second half comeback. In addition, holding Kroetch to a 2.9 YPC is a great sign that the Wraiths could be moving up in the next few weeks if they get their turnover problem solved.

5. BALBaltimore Hawks (1-0)
I’m usually high on the Hawks, but I’m not this time. Despite throwing only one pick and getting a pick six, the Yeti were able to go toe to toe with them and tie it up at the start of the 4th quarter. The defense needs to do some introspection if they want results.

6. ARI Arizona Outlaws (0-1)
There’s a lot to love here, and a lot to hate. For starts, the outlaws only lost by five points, which is great. Despite this, they did turn the ball over four times in the air. That’s not a start that they want to their season, moreover, it means that if Bronko has hit a wall and fallen, the team is going to be in the dire straits when more powerful offenses get the ball back on the regular.

7. COL Colorado Yeti (0-1)
Feed Tweed is a great strategy, but it doesn’t win you any games, it’s not going to help. A close loss at home is not how a team who has been consistently chanting “they’re only a few pieces away from a championship” wants to start a season. So why 7? Honestly Pierno is now the second highest pass % in the league right now, but I’m skeptical if that lasts.

8. NOLA New Orleans Second Line (0-1)
Borkman did not have a great first game, but it’s also what you expect when you face off against Orange County. Despite it all, throwing nearly 300 yards game one was good, Savea get the goal line runs, but I don’t think they should lose heart, this team can absolutely turn a few heads. The defense needs to get up to speed if they want to compete though.

Code:
672 words

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - iamslm22 - 02-22-2018

We had two fumbles and beat a division opponent on the road. I'm not overly concerned.

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - timeconsumer - 02-22-2018

Real hot take I got Liberty at #1 right now.

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - DeathOnReddit - 02-22-2018

yea sucks we lost but i think it was mostly because of the 4 ints. dont expect that to happen rest of the season

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - Oles - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 09:10 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Real hot take I got Liberty at #1 right now.

Not even I would make that hot take.

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - AdamS - 02-22-2018

I would.

Road win in YKW and no one else with a real signature win? #1

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - Oles - 02-23-2018

(02-22-2018, 10:41 PM)AdamS Wrote:I would.

Road win in YKW and no one else with a real signature win? #1

Even so it's still hard for me to take the otters off the top spot, even if it's not a signature win. If Liberty end up 4-0 and Otters 3-1 then I'd definitely put us 1, but until there is an advantage in Liberty favor it's hard for me to go with us above Otters.

*tlk's week 1 power rankings - 124715 - 02-23-2018

(02-22-2018, 10:10 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Real hot take I got Liberty at #1 right now.

TC playing 4D Chess - the higher the Liberty are ranked, the more hyped they are, the less well they perform.