International Simulation Football League
*The Wideout Weekly - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Wideout Weekly (/showthread.php?tid=7769)

*The Wideout Weekly - dropbear - 03-01-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Date: Friday 02 March (AEST) | Weeks 4 - 7[/div]

So, we've reached the middle of the regular season and we're starting to get a better idea of which teams (and players) are looking good, and who's falling off.

Unfortunately, it seems as though Footballer Catcherman and Jeff Taven have joined DeMarco in the WR graveyard for this season, so for the remainder of the season I'll be focusing on the active guys: DeAndre Green, Mark Grau, and myself.

TPE, Attributes, and Post Tracker
[Image: BXHErsE.png]

An archetype change sees me drop in areas such as blocking, endurance, strength, and intelligence (I blame the concussions), while lifting slightly in speed and agility. Green (@GridironGang) is lagging somewhat in speed and agility, while Grau (@keanex) has been absent from the weight room and is lacking strength, and also has suspect hands at 73. Although anyone actually watching the games will know it's Miller who has the drop problem!

Grau appears the more active out of himself and Green, though not by a large margin. TPE is roughly the same in terms of increase (Grau has the edge in total), but forum activity is where Grau is breaking away. I've also noticed he's very active during the sims!

Week Four
[Image: PT7Vq3E.png]

A big week for Miller, and relatively down weeks for Grau and Green. Wins across the board though.

Week Five
[Image: Q86dzyR.png]

Fairly tame numbers for everyone in week 5. Portland suffered a costly loss against the Luchadores, while the Coyotes kept on rollin'.

Week Six
[Image: M4Vzbcj.png]

An explosion in production this week as the trio combine four 4 TDs, more than had been scored in total between them up to that point in the season. Each receiver caught 6 passes, and while Miller churned out the yards, Grau was the major scoring threat.

Week Seven
[Image: gUDTWdj.png]

This is what we've been waiting for: a showdown between the top receivers in the S7 NSFL draft class. Overall, it was a resounding win for the KC duo of Green and Miller.

Once again Miller was productive with yards on his targets, with a 15 or higher YPC average for the second week in a row. His partner Green became the first of the group to score a touchdown in consecutive weeks, while Grau had a down day overall in a tough loss to their division rivals that saw the two teams swap places for 1st and 2nd.

Analysis and Rankings
Season Totals
[Image: WMPQhOQ.png]

Game Averages
[Image: gxew8Yd.png]

Miller is starting to streak away with volume stats, though he has still been uneffective in the redzone. This is mostly due to his QB, Mark Strike, consistently running it in from 50+ yards.

Grau and Green have nearly identical stats, with Green having a slight edge in productivity based on the same level of targets.

Rankings

1. Howard Miller KCC Catch me if you can.

2. Mark Grau POR Second place is becoming a much closer contest. Green pips out Grau slightly in terms of on-field stats, but Grau is very active around the league and has the TPE and post-count edge. Look for them to leapfrog one another in the coming weeks if they both remain active, though.

3. DeAndre Green KCC Equally worthy of 2nd place, and can potentially jump Grau with a strong showing around the league and on the field in the coming weeks. The Coyotes offense is really starting to click, and they're getting stronger every week. If @GridironGang stays active, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

*The Wideout Weekly - Roly - 03-01-2018

Think you’re missing our @Super50 Jake Gore. Plus be cool to still consider Catcherman and Taven - likely one or both are active before the end of the season.

But other than that, great stuff and super analysis. Love reading these and look forward to them.

*The Wideout Weekly - cpetrella - 03-02-2018

I’m back! Traveled internationally and had to go inactive for a bit, but just updated again today and excited to get back at it!

*The Wideout Weekly - dropbear - 03-02-2018

(03-03-2018, 01:38 AM)cpetrella Wrote:I’m back! Traveled internationally and had to go inactive for a bit, but just updated again today and excited to get back at it!

He has risen! You had some good stats, too. I'll add you back for the next one Smile

*The Wideout Weekly - keanex - 03-02-2018

Great write-up as always.