International Simulation Football League
Spotlight On The Tight End Position - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Spotlight On The Tight End Position (/showthread.php?tid=781)

Spotlight On The Tight End Position - SimmerDownBruhh - 05-30-2017

With the NSFL Draft less than a couple of days away, a lot of hopeful prospects will be living out their dreams and playing in one of the up and coming leagues to play the sport of American Football. With the speculation of a tight draft, as far as talent is concerned, it appears that teams will be able to get players that can make an immediate impact to their new team.

Most of the prospects have shared a similar path to where they are today, with the collegiate competition not being up to par and some have made it through sheer determination, work ethic, study, and laser focus, the next step to play the game they love is to play is professionally. That being said, it is clear as day that there is one position above the rest that has been overlooked. Or at least, overlooked in comparison to the other positions.

That position is the Tight End and it's not even close.

The outlook on the grand scheme of things is that it's not a glamorous position, not as quick or as flashy as a WR or RB, not always as strong as your average Offensive Lineman, and usually isn't in a huge spotlight/leadership role unlike the QB.

Even if the TE position is lacking a few (or all) of those attributes listed above, it doesn't make them a dying position so to speak. Tight Ends are usually the more versatile players on the offensive side of the field. They're usually required to supplement the O-Line in passing and/or running situations, a security blanket for the QB in the passing game, if he's good enough to hold his own in the receiving department, he can draw more inside help from the defense, which can lead to one-on-one matchups for the WRs, can be pulled into the back field to help lead block for the RB, and so much more, some can even help out on special teams and make a good tackle or two to halt the defense's field position.

With all of that being said, here are top three rated TEs going into the draft. They all have their own styles of play and all three can make their mark with the right situation and proper placement of their strengths:

Gabriel Tenzini

Widely regarded as the number 1 Tight End prospect, Gabriel Tenzini is a matchup nightmare, showing superior knowledge of the position and the catching ability to back it up. He's was a third down conversion machine back in Minnesota and there is nothing in his path that shows that he's on the decline. He gives it 100% from whistle to whistle and there is no shame in his game. He's as confident as they come and he's ready to make a mark. Gabriel Tenzini has a bright future in this league and anybody that has seen his tape can firmly agree with that fact.

Some of the things that he can improve on is his strength and endurance, but Gabriel has proved time and time again that he's a workhorse in the gym, just as much as he's a workhorse on the football field. The game film shows that he's ready, willing and able to take a team to the promised land.

Projected Draft Round: 1-3

Ricky Maddox

Ricky Maddox has a lot of the things you ask for in a Tight End: he's a willing blocker, he has the size, catching ability, plays with heart, came from the SEC (Georgia) and excelled against defenders that made their way to the NFL and the NSFL. Rest assured, this young man is going places. Referred to most scouts as the clear cut "Jack of All Trades/Swiss Army Knife" of the Tight End Position. His game time has him doing a multitude of things, from blocking, receiving, even putting up rushing touchdowns to add to his stock.

He admits that there is plenty of factors in his game that he needs to improve on. He can use more burst out of his cuts when it comes to route running, some more refinement in his footwork when it comes to blocking, and he can always get his cardio training improved. He's very raw in this environment but with a steady hand and proper use of his skills, he's a game changer.

Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Break Bottles

Some may consider Break Bottles a unicorn or whatever mythical creature you can think of. Long story short, he's the clear fastest of the Tight Ends by a pretty big margin. He worked the defense with his size, speed, and pure athleticism and I'm still trying to find a defender that can lock him up. I'll let you know when I find a person that wants to try that test. From what I seen, he's the closest to a WR in the TE position.

Besides his athletic prowess, he can use more work with his endurance, if the team that drafts him needs him to stay back and hold the pass rush, that is something he'll need to improve as well. Besides that, he can always bulk up and to add more levels to his game. He's dropped some easy ones but when they count, he's up for the challenge.

Projected Draft Round: 3-5

-Samuel Alexander

Code:
868 Words, ready to be graded

Spotlight On The Tight End Position - SimmerDownBruhh - 05-30-2017

Y'all better put some respek on our position. We're people too. ????????????

Spotlight On The Tight End Position - Anti-Hype - 05-30-2017

Great Read man! Keep the draft hype coming I love it! :yay:

Spotlight On The Tight End Position - Molarpistols - 05-30-2017

I was a tight-end once... and then I got talented...

Just kidding, if I were an offensive position I'd be a TE.

That said, keep up the good work! I likey articles.

Spotlight On The Tight End Position - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 06-05-2017

Grade

Word Count: 868
Payout: 900 word tier 650K

Commentary: Improper capitalization on some things but this was nice. I enjoyed your perspective on the consensus top 3 TE's going into the draft. I liked all 3 of these guys. I think TE is going to be a really interesting position in this league. Nice work MADDOX