International Simulation Football League
*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Statistical Analysis (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=153)
+---- Thread: *S6 Team TPE Visualizations (/showthread.php?tid=7823)

*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - 7hawk77 - 03-07-2018

Inspired by @bovovovo, I decided to carry on the goal that myself and @Noppadet once had.

We wanted to get an automated website visualization of TPE with the team and subsequent players in a visually pleasing break down. After seeing the sankey diagrams Bovovovo used, I decided to fire up the old web scraper and visualize some data..

This relies on the team roster data to be up to date, so if those values are wrong, so are these diagrams. I also had to track down and add the TPE values for OL bots and manually add those.

Anyways, here is the data:

Arizona Outlaws
[Image: rVDkdlF.png]

Baltimore Hawks

*Note they do not have a tight end... well at least I couldn't find one :shrug: *
[Image: 5NzcC1y.png]

Colorado Yeti
[Image: NRn4XQz.png]

New Orleans Second Line

[Image: ChAke5N.png]

Do not grade yet, I plan on adding the other teams when I have more time. As well as doing some analysis.

*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - iamslm22 - 03-07-2018

Hawk these are great so far! Love it - great idea. Also you are correct. The Hawks do not have a tight end.

*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - bovovovo - 03-07-2018

This is really, really awesome. Good stuff :cheers:

My one note is, if you were wanting to have these illustrate differences in team's activity levels or something, it'd probably be best to leave the OLs out so those are just bots. Either way, this is great. Good idea

(03-07-2018, 04:13 PM)bovovovo Wrote:This is really, really awesome. Good stuff  :cheers:

My one note is, if you were wanting to have these illustrate differences in team's activity levels or something, it'd probably be best to leave the OLs out so those are just bots. Either way, this is great. Good idea

Yeah I don't think I want to leave them out. Their TPE impacts the team so why not count it (even if they aren't "active players".)

I was actually thinking about combining all teams in to one massive diagram so a team that has 3000 TPE more than another team looks bigger relative to a team with less TPE. That might not be great though for a single image.

*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - bovovovo - 03-07-2018

(03-07-2018, 05:17 PM)7hawk77 Wrote:Yeah I don't think I want to leave them out. Their TPE impacts the team so why not count it (even if they aren't "active players".)

I was actually thinking about combining all teams in to one massive diagram so a team that has 3000 TPE more than another team looks bigger relative to a team with less TPE. That might not be great though for a single image.

That actually could work but it'd probably look cleanest if you turned say 11,662 TPE into 11.6, and just did it as league total -> each team and stop there without trying to break down each team again

(03-07-2018, 04:26 PM)bovovovo Wrote:That actually could work but it'd probably look cleanest if you turned say 11,662 TPE into 11.6, and just did it as league total -> each team and stop there without trying to break down each team again

Yeah good call.

I'll add more tomorrow. Half way there.

*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - Beaver - 03-08-2018

This is very nice. Good work.

*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - bovovovo - 04-14-2018

Are you ready for this to be graded as-is? @7hawk77

*S6 Team TPE Visualizations - 7hawk77 - 04-16-2018

(04-14-2018, 10:17 AM)bovovovo Wrote:Are you ready for this to be graded as-is? @7hawk77

Crap, Uh... i guess lol. I got super busy and forgot about it.

It's not finished though, the values are going to go out the window anyways with the new season anyways.