International Simulation Football League
*Durden Ranks Logos and Team Names - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Durden Ranks Logos and Team Names (/showthread.php?tid=8003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

*Durden Ranks Logos and Team Names - Durden - 03-23-2018

This first section will be a ranking of logos. Simply based on the graphic and the colors used. One section will be for all DSFL teams, and then the NSFL teams.

DSFL Logos and Colors:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Norfolk SeaWolves - #6
Gonna be honest, this looks like an MS paint job for the SeaWolves name. The submarine is well done, but .... what the hell do they have to do with one another? This is quite possibly the dumbest name/logo combination I've ever seen on a sim site. Ugh. I can't even look at it any longer.

San Antonio Marshals - #5
I don't really dig this one either. It's a hell of a lot better than the SeaWolves, but it contrasts for me. It looks like it's supposed to be somewhat cartoony, somewhat realistic and I'm lost in between. I think the colors blend too much between his outfit and the background, and that detracts from it.

Tijuana Luchadores - #4
I like the look, and think it really fits a wrestling theme, but I'm not sure how well it fits into football. I also think it's a bit too dark on the right hand side and detracts from the overall flow of the logo. It also looks a bit pixelated to me. Colors are good, but again, too dark on the right hand side. It takes away a lot of the detail.

These three are tough....

Palm Beach Solar Bears - #3
This is high up because I love the look of it, but I can't see enough of it. The team history is still listed as a Chicago based team <_<. The orange/purple contrast is great, and the sun peaking out is a great touch.

Kansas City Coyotes - #2
I'm a big sucker for purple themed teams. I think the Coyote is super sleek, and those angles help it out. It fits in with the moon really nicely. I don't love the uniforms because it just makes me think of the Lakers, but the concept is great.

Portland Pythons - #1
This is great. I love the black base with the yellow highlights. It makes me think of a darker Cobra Kai logo, and that is perfect. I don't understand the Trident at the bottom (Admirals reference? IDK) but it oddly fits. Text is a great choice. 10/10, even though I hate the Steelers.
[/div]

DSFL Names:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Norfolk SeaWolves - #6
I'd place it lower if I could. Wolves.... in the sea? In VIRGINIA? I hate everything about this team.

San Antonio Marshals - #5
The theming is nice, but I don't get excited wanting to play for the Marshals.

Palm Beach Solar Bears - #4
I like the play on words for Polar Bears, but it just doesn't fit having them in Palm Beach. I get the joke, I get the intention, but it's probably only a 6/10 for the name.

Tijuana Luchadores - #3
I like the name, I like the city... but I don't get what they're doing in football. Is it just a gag joke team because they're in the DSFL? IDK.

Kansas City Coyotes - #2 I like the alliteration, but I can't wrap my head around them being in Kansas City Missouri, even if that's where the Chiefs play. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Portland Pythons - #1
I know nothing of Portland, but I'm assuming there's gotta be pythons there? I could be wrong. I named a team the Miami Monarchs, so what do I know? Still love the alliteration though.
[/div]

NSFL Logos and Colors:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Philadelphia Liberty - #8
The bell is so overused and boring. Can we please move away from this in future sim leagues? I'm sick of seeing it.

San Jose Sabercats - #7
Meh. The colors on the inside mesh too much with the dark green. Gold/green is great, but it's just too similar to pop. It makes it look muddled instead.

Colorado Yeti - #6
This level reminds me of the sand/pyramid levels in Mario Brothers. I feel like some random sun is gonna swoop down on me or I'm gonna get hit with a spikey dude. Meh. It's alright.

Orange County Otters - #5
It's... an otter. An orange otter.... on an orange background. The only reason it's up so high is because it doesn't suck AS MUCH as the lower ranked ones. At least it's a cool looking otter....

New Orleans Second Line - #4
What? I absolutely LOVE the mardi gras colors. I like the yellow filigree, and the fleur de lis. The colors really pop. I just don't like the image used for the logo. People partying? Cool. But I don't think it has any place for a football team.

Baltimore Hawks - #3
I don't really like the yellow/green/gold.... whatever it is. But I think the hawk itself is really well done (and I love hawks). The feathering is great, and so is the look in its eye.

Yellowknife Wraiths - #2
This is pretty badass. The reaper is an awesome logo, and the colors involved are really cool. I like that the blue in the eyes is mimicked in the teams color scheme. It's a great touch.

Arizona Outlaws - #1
An outlaw with a gun and a bandana over his face? Sign me up. Red and black? Can I sign up twice? I love the logo and think it's great for a football team. It's sharp, it's to the point and works really well.
[/div]

NSFL Team Names:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Philadelphia Liberty - #8
Seriously. I have seen so many dumb Philadelphia teams with this name. Where's the originality? COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW FOR ONCE!

New Orleans Second Line - #7
I get the cultural reference but I think it's too much. I don't really think it fits a football team, let alone any team (maybe hockey with your second line being awesome?)

San Jose Sabercats - #6
I type Sabrecats every time, because I'm conditioned that way being a Sabres fan. This just makes me cringe. Were there ever Sabercats in San Jose? I don't get it.

Orange County Otters - #5
So bland. OCO? Meh. Just makes me think of Orange County Choppers, and I don't care about those. It's whatever.

Baltimore Hawks - #4
Again, are there a lot of hawks in Baltimore? Or is this just a play on the Ravens? I like them both, but to me it's not a home run. It gets its point across, but just falls flat for interest.

Yellowknife Wraiths - #3
I don't know where Yellowknife is. The only thing that saves this team is that the Wraith name is cool, and having knife in their city works with the whole death theme. I can get behind it.

Colorado Yeti - #2
It's cold, and there are yeti. It's simple, but gets to the point.

Arizona Outlaws - #1
It's so fitting. Outlaws in the desert. Arizona is so nice. The name just kinda flows off the tongue.
[/div]

And lastly, where I'd LIKE to sign in each DSFL and NSFL. Just a quick list.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]DSFL:
6 - Norfolk SeaWolves NOR
5 - San Antonio Marshals SA
4 - Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
3 - Palm Beach Solar Bears PB
2 - Kansas City Coyotes KCC
1 - Portland Pythons POR

NSFL:
8 - Philadelphia Liberty PHI
7 - Orange County Otters OCO
6 - San Jose SaberCats SJS
5 - New Orleans Second Line NOLA
4 - Arizona Outlaws ARI
3 - Baltimore Hawks BAL
2 - Colorado Yeti COL
1 - Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
[/div]

Code:
1229 words

*Durden Ranks Logos and Team Names - Bzerkap - 03-23-2018

@Durden with the easy media

EDIT: Now that I've read it all. Your number one team is us?? Much interest.......

*Durden Ranks Logos and Team Names - timeconsumer - 03-23-2018

aw man we're in 7th? no goat for us...

(03-23-2018, 01:00 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:@Durden with the easy media

EDIT: Now that I've read it all. Your number one team is us?? Much interest.......

I wanted to be on the Wraiths when I made Durden, but people dropped me to like.. 76th overall. I think it was Kez's fault.

Also, I need that media for training, I guess. Now that I've got about 8m, I might be okay to keep updating here for a bit.

(03-23-2018, 01:04 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:aw man we're in 7th? no goat for us...

I already gave you guys 2 championships. :lol:

Plus, nothing about the team screams "YOU NEED TO JOIN ME".

*Durden Ranks Logos and Team Names - DeathOnReddit - 03-23-2018

Hi

(03-23-2018, 11:08 AM)Durden Wrote:I wanted to be on the Wraiths when I made Durden, but people dropped me to like.. 76th overall. I think it was Kez's fault.

Also, I need that media for training, I guess. Now that I've got about 8m, I might be okay to keep updating here for a bit.
Who is Kez?

(03-23-2018, 01:15 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Who is Kez?

It wasn't Kez that I was thinking of...

Someone was on the Wraiths that made me want to join there. I can't remember who now ><

(03-23-2018, 11:24 AM)Durden Wrote:It wasn't Kez that I was thinking of...

Someone was on the Wraiths that made me want to join there. I can't remember who now ><
Nuck?
HFFO?
Baller?

(03-23-2018, 01:30 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Nuck?
HFFO?
Baller?

No, no, maybe.

*Durden Ranks Logos and Team Names - PaytonM34 - 03-23-2018

Both teams I'm on are "not football related" ...
:dontcare: TIJ NOLA