International Simulation Football League
*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? (/showthread.php?tid=8149)

*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - jordan327 - 04-02-2018

Season 5: Jordan Yates wins player's association MVP. Is member of team with best record and ultimus winning team. Total scrimmage yards: 1,789. Total touchdowns: 21 (record breaking).
Award committee's winner's(not Mike Boss he's irrelevant to this) stats: Not player's association MVP. Not member of team with best record. Not ultimus winning team. 1,873 scrimmage yards. Total touchdowns: 15 (not record breaking). Btw Yates also is neither the best RB nor best WR nor OPOY

Season 6: Jordan Yates has good season. GOAT QB Mike Boss is players association MVP. But again, look at the best RB/WR awards. Yates spends most time at WR. Leads league in receiving yards by 2 touchdowns and 250 yards. Doesn't win WR. Must be considered a RB then right?
Yates scrimmage yards: 2112, touchdowns: 17.
Winner's scrimmage yards: 1887 touchdowns: 9.

wtf awards committee
not to mention my great GM's keep getting their best gm awards swiped.

Now give me money to erase my salt this is 5/5 statistical analysis

no hatred towards actual award winners.

lmao at my sig still just noticed

*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - timeconsumer - 04-04-2018

Awards committee hates Otters not named Boss and Westfield. Just the way it goes.

*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - TheWoZy - 04-04-2018

:angry:

*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - run_CMC - 04-04-2018

Here’s my perspective:
You’re the clear winner of Offensive Player of the Year. Overall, you were the league’s top offensive threat.
However, you can’t win WR of the year because you’re not a wide receiver.
As for runningback of the year: you’re an incredible receiving runningback, which counts for a lot. But, 56 rushes 252 yards and 2 touchdowns doesn’t tell me you’re a great runner. And the position is calling runningback.

*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - bovovovo - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 09:59 AM)run_CMC Wrote:Here’s my perspective:
You’re the clear winner of Offensive Player of the Year. Overall, you were the league’s top offensive threat.
However, you can’t win WR of the year because you’re not a wide receiver.
As for runningback of the year: you’re an incredible receiving runningback, which counts for a lot. But, 56 rushes 252 yards and 2 touchdowns doesn’t tell me you’re a great runner. And the position is calling runningback.

Yeah Yates is in that weird in between area.

Same reason why during Kennedy’s blow out year he won offensive POY but neither WR or RB awards

*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - SwagSloth - 04-04-2018

Yeah, Yates really should have been OPoTY. Receiving Back is such a weird position in that it's not technically a wide receiver, but it is in everything but name. Unfortunately, I can relate as I spent 9 games at RB and 5 at WR, which kept me out of either role in the All-Pro Team.

Ultimately, though, if you care that much about the awards, then lobby for yourself next time. Get your name out in the open. Tell people WHY they should vote for you. The stats don't always speak for themselves. You have to win people over to your cause. Sometimes, it's the player foremost on everyone's minds and that includes media posts and discord chat.

*Statistical Analysis: Why is Jordan Yates hated? - jordan327 - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 11:48 AM)SwagSloth Wrote:Yeah, Yates really should have been OPoTY. Receiving Back is such a weird position in that it's not technically a wide receiver, but it is in everything but name. Unfortunately, I can relate as I spent 9 games at RB and 5 at WR, which kept me out of either role in the All-Pro Team.

Ultimately, though, if you care that much about the awards, then lobby for yourself next time. Get your name out in the open. Tell people WHY they should vote for you. The stats don't always speak for themselves. You have to win people over to your cause. Sometimes, it's the player foremost on everyone's minds and that includes media posts and discord chat.

Yea, I do agree if I'd been more active with posting I would've had a better chance at the award. For the past two seasons though I've been in a state of pretty much indifference with the occassional annoyance at stuff like this but part of that is on me. Plus I'd imagine if it's a close race the league would rather award a fully active player rather than someone like me.