International Simulation Football League
*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Boss Tweed to Switch Positions (/showthread.php?tid=8176)

Pages: 1 2

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - PigSnout - 04-04-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: VISA+Financial+Super+Bowl+Event+KzK44212UwQl.jpg][/div]

Boss Tweed held a press conference today in Yellowknife to make a big announcement:

"I'm here to announce that starting in Season 7 I will no longer be playing running back, but will be switching positions to linebacker for the rest of my career. I have wondered for a while if the running back position was allowing me to use my talents to their full potential. I've spent a lot of time training over the course of my career and am one of the top players in the league in training hours, but statistically, my performance at running back has only really been middle of the pack these last few years. With the emphasis of the league shifting heavily towards the passing game, the running back position is losing some value as teams with lower rated running backs have not seen much of a drop off. I've been somewhat frustrated with my performance these last few years and the conversations I had with teams during trade talks got me thinking about the idea of a position switch. Ultimately, I think it will be nice to get a fresh start at a new position that will hopefully help me to perform at a higher level and will at least give me something new to add excitement to the later years of my career. I think I will be able to make a bigger impact by switching to a more important position, which will help increase my chances of winning a championship. It will feel strange not playing running back, but I'm ready for a change and am looking forward to seeing what I will be able to do as a linebacker."

It will be interesting to see how this change impacts Tweed's legacy as a running back. He is currently the NSFL's career leader in rushing attempts and rushing yards, though those records will probably be overtaken eventually by other running backs with more longevity. He still holds a single game rushing yards record that may stand for a while. His touchdown numbers are not particularly impressive compared to other running backs as his career high was 6 rushing touchdowns in Season 2 and outside of that season, he never surpassed 4 rushing touchdowns in a season. However, his lack of scoring can be attributed somewhat to playing with a weaker passing attack that made it harder to sustain drives so he did not see many red zone carries. Overall, Tweed put together a pretty solid career as a running back as he had over 1000 yards in all 5 of his seasons as a starter and made the pro bowl in 4 of those 5 seasons. He was able to lead starting running backs in YPC in Season 2 and Season 3 and led in rushing yards in Season 3 and Season 5. However, he was never able to get over the hump and win the Running Back of the Year award, so even though he had success over multiple years, there was never a season where he was considered the best in the league. His best season was in Season 3 when he led the league in rushing yards while still leading starting running backs in YPC despite playing behind a week offensive line and with a historically bad passing attack. However, his touchdown numbers were not good enough to win the Running Back of the Year award but it was still an impressive individual season. Tweed was never really the same after Season 4 as his YPC got worse despite having a better offensive line due to the offensive line bots and the influx of talent at the running back position during that season saw Tweed overshadowed by younger running backs who were outperforming him. While he was never really a top running back after that, he was able to generally play at a top 3 running back level due to getting a lot of rushing opportunities with the Yeti. In general, Tweed was never able to be the top running back in a season but was able to play at a pretty high level for a sustained period of time so he was able to have a solid career at running back.

Seeing how Tweed transitions to linebacker will be one of the interesting storylines to follow this offseason. His athleticism should allow him to still succeed in a speed rusher role, though he may lose some speed as he will have to put on weight to make the transition. Tweed switching to linebacker will add another top player to an already talented Wraiths defense, which will hopefully help lead them to their first championship in Season 7. It should be an exciting season for Tweed and the Wraiths.

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - DeathOnReddit - 04-04-2018

wat

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - jparks98 - 04-04-2018

R.I.P. to the greatest linebacker corp that never was

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - AdamS - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 01:45 PM)DeathOnReddit Wrote:wat

HE SAID HE'S SWITCHING TO LINEBACKER

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - 124715 - 04-04-2018

This was obvious as heck lol

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - DeathOnReddit - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 06:55 PM)124715 Wrote:This was obvious as heck lol
wat

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - Ramero - 04-04-2018

That's some big news!

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - Bzerkap - 04-04-2018

Wow loving the new avatar

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - manicmav36 - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 06:55 PM)124715 Wrote:This was obvious as heck lol

Why? They traded Nuck and moved Kennedy to WR.

*Boss Tweed to Switch Positions - mmfootball - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 02:23 PM)jparks98 Wrote:R.I.P. to the greatest linebacker corp that never was