International Simulation Football League
*An Interview with Mark Grau - Post-Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *An Interview with Mark Grau - Post-Draft (/showthread.php?tid=8257)

*An Interview with Mark Grau - Post-Draft - keanex - 04-09-2018

Sean West: Sean West here with WKEM radio and we a returning guest, formerly WR of Portland Pythons, and now rookie for Colorado Yeti, Mark Grau! It's been a while since we've talked Mark, how are you?

Mark Grau: Hey Sean, it's good to be back. I've been keeping busy since the draft, lots of new faces on Colorado, new facilities, and a new environment. I'm taking it all in at the moment while thinking about the future.

SW: So speaking of Colorado, you recently held a press conference talking about some draft day drama.

MG: Yeah, and I feel that I've said my piece on the matter and I want to focus on moving forward with the year.

SW: Understood, so outside of the draft, how has the transition been?

MG: Well I'd like to say that it's bittersweet leaving Portland, but since I'll be playing for them this year before moving up to the NSFL, the transition hasn't fully hit me yet. My fiance has moved to Colorado, and I've spent a lot of time there since the draft, but it's about time to go back to Portland and get ready for S7 in the DSFL so it doesn't feel like I've made a huge transition just yet. I imagine that next year it'll be quite the experience though.

SW: How are you feeling about the environment in Colorado versus Portland?

MG: I absolutely love both. I am finding that despite some geographic differences, that the fans and the environment of both is very relaxed and it makes me extremely happy to have ended up in a place where I can enjoy many beautiful landscapes.

SW: Are you an outdoors person?

MG: Well when I'm not working on football stuff I enjoy hiking and practicing photography. It's good to spend time outdoors with my fiance. We both enjoy the outdoors and Colorado has some majestic mountains and beautiful parks.

SW: You'll have to show me some pictures sometime!

MG: For sure!

SW: So Mark, now that you've spent time with Colorado, how are you feeling about the organization and their direction?

MG: Well one thing that impressed me fully was how well our GM sapp handled the unnecessary drama that I added. He handled our conversations with tact and class, he's truly someone that I feel I can fully trust. In regards to the culture, well the locker room is quite active and friendly. It's nice to get to meet these guys and get to know them as people, not just competitors on the field.

I think what I'll remember most is one of their veterans reaching out to me personally, to let me know how important I am going to be to this team in the future and how much he's looking forward to the future. I get good vibes about this team in how the players talk and how excited they are despite having a rough year. There's a lot of change and you can feel it.

SW: Wow, it sounds like they've got a great culture filled with young talent. Speaking of young talent, let's talk about that draft class. Colorado basically cleaned house, going into the draft with 4 first round selections and traded up to get another. It was quite exciting and they've chosen some of the best talent we've seen in the DSFL in a while. How are you feeling about being a part of that?

MG: Well it was very clear Howard Miller was going to Colorado at one. You can't let a generational talent like him pass you by. Then they doubled down at the WR position to pick me at 4, which felt great. I mean not many people can say they're going in the first round. It was exciting.

So you look to the future and you see DSFL legend Howard Miller and rising star Dwayne Aaron on your team and then they take you. You can see how dedicated Colorado is to the passing game. The crazy though, no Applehort with picks 5 and 6. That really threw everyone for a curveball I imagine. I know it did for me. We all knew Colorado was going in a new direction for QB and when they used their first round picks on two WRs and 2 defensive players I was shocked.

What was even more shocking was seeing them trade back into the first and pick Applehort. I think many will agree in the future that this was a ridiculous draft, in the best way possible. In one round they shored up their wide receiving corp, shored some key defensive positions, and picked up their franchise QB. It's incredible.

SW: It sure is, so how do you think you'll fit in on the Yeti with such a stacked receiving corp, including star tight end Carlito Crush?

MG: My plan is to focus on being the best wide receiver that I can be and trust in the organization to do right by the team, the fans, and us players. If you can't trust your leadership, you need to jump ship, and I trust sapp to do what's right by all.

SW: Well that's a great outlook there. So you're going back to Portland this year, how are you feeling about that?

MG: Me and Cole, and the rest of Portland, are out for the championship. We're a team that left it on the table last year, leaving the playoffs in the first round. We're not going to let that happen this year. I feel bad that we weren't able to get PDX a Ultimini championship in his last year with Portland, but we're going to get it this year.

SW: Bold claims there! Well we're running out of time Mark, it's been great talking with you again.

MG: Likewise Sean, I'm happy to come back whenever I'm in the area!

(1,003 Words, ready for grading)

*An Interview with Mark Grau - Post-Draft - PDXBaller - 04-09-2018

<3

*An Interview with Mark Grau - Post-Draft - nunccoepi - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 10:06 AM)keanex Wrote:My fiance has moved to Colorado...

(04-09-2018, 10:06 AM)keanex Wrote:  It's good to spend time outdoors with my wife. We both enjoy the outdoors and Colorado has some majestic mountains and beautiful parks.

:blink:

*An Interview with Mark Grau - Post-Draft - keanex - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 11:20 AM)nunccoepi Wrote::blink:
Uhhhhhhhhhh

I don't know what you're talking about :shrug:

*An Interview with Mark Grau - Post-Draft - ExemplaryChad - 04-09-2018

Oh, it's because you said fiancee and then wife.

Either you made a mistake, or you're a very popular guy.