International Simulation Football League
Let's Do This - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Let's Do This (/showthread.php?tid=8381)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Let's Do This - kckolbe - 04-17-2018

Like the title says. This will likely be painful, but I am gonna need the money before long. Ask away.

Let's Do This - bovovovo - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 05:16 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Like the title says.  This will likely be painful, but I am gonna need the money before long.  Ask away.

new phone who dis

Let's Do This - bovovovo - 04-17-2018

What brought you back?

A lot has happened since you left and I'm sure you're still getting caught up but ... what surprises you the most?

Are you sticking with Cushing and/or Liberty?

Let's Do This - Supersquare04 - 04-17-2018

Why does PBE suck so bad?

Who are you a season behind from with A LOT more tpe?

Does Dermot smell?

On a scale of 1-bovo what is your favorite color of the alphabet?

Let's Do This - SwagSloth - 04-17-2018

How is the atmosphere in the Liberty LR since your return?

What are your thoughts on the Liberty's success last season (NSFC Champions) and do you feel that your return to activity can be a difference maker this season?

Let's Do This - adam2552 - 04-17-2018

Now that you're back on winningest NSFC team since S3, do you think with with continued development you could put them over the top and become the first NSFC team to win an Ultimus?

With the new changes to the CB position, have your expectations for your player changed?

The San Antonio Marshals are DSFL champions. Were you involved with the team at all last season? Did you work with the new management members to put them on their path to success?

Let's Do This - kckolbe - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 03:16 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Like the title says.  This will likely be painful, but I am gonna need the money before long.  Ask away.

@bovovovo
new phone who dis

It's your former BOSS of the inaugural champion San Antonio Marshals (who were, it's worth noting, bosses of the DSFL).

What brought you back?

Well, I can't remember how long ago it was, but I *think* it was shortly after the site added the ticker of recent game results. I was talking to @iamslm22 who I never really got that mad at as HO. I'd kind of considered him the exception to my ire at HO. At any rate, I told him the ticker was really sweet, and he mentioned some other change the league had made, which also sounded good. I reluctantly admitted that positive things were happening, and asked about DDPSF18. At the time he gave me some rough ETA, nothing firm. I asked him to let me know when that happened.

The reason I intended to wait for the new engine (which, yes, I realize isn't being used) was twofold. First, I felt the amount of time he "quoted" me would have been long enough for things to calm down. At the time, I was still ripping NSFL damn near daily and realized I was nowhere near ready to come back. Second, 18 was supposed to make CB a bit more satisfying to play, which was a big thing, because being a CB sucked. Their most important stat, yards allowed, wasn't tracked, which was irritating, but the biggest thing seemed to be that the best and worst CBs looked...pretty much the same on the field. That made putting in the work to max (as I had been) seem more than a little foolish. But I didn't want to retire and fuck the team.

At any rate, last night @timeconsumer mentioned I was close to maxing experience, and when I asked he explained how CBs got a bonus based on total TPE. That change meant that being a good CB mattered, which was a big deal.

A lot has happened since you left and I'm sure you're still getting caught up but ... what surprises you the most?

At the moment, the biggest surprise was seeing @Durden and @`BenLongshaw` back in the league. I didn't really know either of them yet they were semi-iconic at the same time due to being such huge S1 stars, and they had been inactive for many seasons. A second was how disturbingly similar the Philadelphia roster looked upon coming back.

I *did* check in on the Marshals often while gone, as I did care about them a lot. Seeing their S5 record was painful, but it looks like @Roly recovered quickly and made them champions again.

Also, while not a surprise, because you'd expect it, just where Cushing was in terms of league ranking. On one hand, so many players have caught up to him, and others who were comparable left him behind. But not as many as I thought would have passed me actually have. Also, I still apparently haven't made a single fucking Pro Bowl in six seasons. Hopefully the curse is over.

Are you sticking with Cushing and/or Liberty?

Yeah, definitely sticking with Cushing. I mean, the S1 guys are about to start regressing, and in general there aren't many good CBs, possibly due to it having been such a shitty position to play, but I want to see him perform with the experience changes. S5 brought in some solid defenders, but I think Cushing will be a viable starter for another few seasons. Also, today there has been a LOT of talk about carryover TPE, and I definitely wouldn't want to recreate while that's being considered.

As for the Liberty, hard to say. They are doing well now, and they have a couple of cool folks. I am on the last year of my contract, though, and I am definitely not in a hurry to sign an extension given how little I know about the league.

Let's Do This - iamslm22 - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 05:34 PM)SwagSloth Wrote:How is the atmosphere in the Liberty LR since your return?

What are your thoughts on the Liberty's success last season (NSFL Champions) and do you feel that your return to activity can be a difference maker this season?

NSFC****************************************************

Let's Do This - 37thchamber - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 11:51 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Well, I can't remember how long ago it was, but I *think* it was shortly after the site added the ticker of recent game results.
FYI: I set that up in January. (around the time I was being told to stay in my lane, in fact)

Let's Do This - Roly - 04-17-2018

No questions, only wanted to state how pumped I am you're back around. I know lots of guys might have different opinions, but its a clear win for the league and community imo.

And you'll answer @adam2552's question your own way, but I can say that @iamslm22 and kolbe, as well as @bovovovo were lmost entirely responsible for the foundations of the team that won the Ulimini last season. Not only that, but Kolbe and Slm are both the guys that taught me about GMing and kolbe hired me as co- when slm left. So, tl;dr, they were both highly influential to our championship last season.