International Simulation Football League
*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference (/showthread.php?tid=8503)

Pages: 1 2

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - keanex - 05-02-2018

When I came into the DSFL I was an undrafted free agent, Portland took a waiver on me despite coming into the DSFL late, and I couldn't have been more thankful for them giving me a chance. Despite being a five star prospect in high school and a top 100 prospect coming out of Rutgers University (GO RU) I had to take time off and consider if I really wanted to play in the DSFL and eventually the NSFL. After reflection, I knew that I wanted to be the league's top receiver.

Last season was a ride. The Pythons signed me and I quickly moved to their top receiving threat on a hot streak finishing the season with a 10-4 record and unfortunately ending in the playoffs. Despite not winning the championship and despite being overshadowed by the top receiving talent of Howard Miller, I enjoyed every second of it.

It was honestly quite an experience playing with the talented Pythons and despite the bittersweet ending, I knew I'd be coming back for another season in the DSFL to better myself as a player and get that Ultimini.

Before the season 7 NSFL draft I was contacted by no less than 6 teams. One question that came with each contact was the question, "Would you want to switch positions?" The answer was always a quick no. I've been a receiver my entire career, and a number one at that. There was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to go down as the league's top receiver of all-time.

This might have significantly altered my timeline. Despite the Yeti drafting Howard Miller and having DeAndre Green the Yeti took me to round out their roster. Admittedly I was not a fan after looking at the depth chart, but the Yeti assured me that they had plans, we talked the future and what the Yeti wanted to build towards. I bought into the system.

Since the draft I have had some thoughts on my mind and have had a lot of talks with sapp about the future of the team, what they were thinking about with the draft next year, what holes they had in their game, and running back was brought up on more than once occasion.

It got me thinking, and I am here to announce that I will be switching to a running back for season 8. My goal is to bulk up a little bit, work on my speed, and become a key part of the young Yeti offense. This will open up our passing game by adding another dimension to our attack, help ease the stress on Ryan Applehort by giving him a new weapon, and by giving the defense some time to breath as we run down the clock. Yeti will be a force to be reckoned with in coming years and we will be taking the championship trophy soon.

(485 Words, Ready for grading)

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - SwagSloth - 05-02-2018

Best of luck at the RB position, man. For what it's worth, I ask the position change to everyone. WR was actually one of the positions we valued the highest last draft and we were hoping to have you fall to us at #4 before the Boss Tweed trade happened. However, RB is a great position and I'm sure you'll be awesome in your new role.

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - tlk742 - 05-02-2018

As a receiver who switched. aw yeah another WR-RB

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - ExemplaryChad - 05-02-2018

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a team player.

COL COL COL

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - TheMemeMaestro - 05-02-2018

Excited to see Mark Grau, starting NSFL RB and to see what he can do

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - keanex - 05-02-2018

Thanks for the support and outreach so far!

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - infinitempg - 05-02-2018

RU RAH RAH RU RAH RAH WHOO RAH WHOO RAH RUTGERS RAH!
UPSTREAM RED TEAM RED TEAM UPSTREAM RAH! RAH! RUTGERS RAH!

proud to call you a fellow scarlet knight. yeti on the way up... #YetiNoises COL

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - DeathOnReddit - 05-02-2018

Always nice to see RBs. IDK about that championship part brother

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - manicmav36 - 05-02-2018

Welcome to the club!

*MUST READ Mark Grau Announcement Press Conference - AzhekAhriman - 05-02-2018

Having a great RB is part of what makes a title winning team tick. Despite the pass-centric attitude you see across the league usually great teams have a back that is at the very least lightning fast. Glad to see another RB and excited to compete against another talented rusher in the NSFC!