International Simulation Football League
*Trade Deadline Review: WTF Just Happened? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Trade Deadline Review: WTF Just Happened? (/showthread.php?tid=8516)

*Trade Deadline Review: WTF Just Happened? - AdamS - 05-03-2018

Hello hello hello. I'm here to give you the breakdown on all the moves that happened during what is literally the most active trade deadline in history. EVER. The most important event of our lives. I mean, other than that orgy scene in Infinity Wars. So, let's get to it with something that actually happened after the trade deadline, because instantly breaking the format makes me giggle.

4 DECLARATIONS FOR DSFL
Three brand new players signed up in the past few days, as @Moosecop @pazuzu and @Vulgar brought in Bucky Barnes, Zapp Brannigan, and Young Spaghetti into the league with the caveat that they wait until after deadline. Obvious saviness from the players, allowing them to get that extra time in. With it came the even bigger story as the fourth person to declare was new Quarterback Kevin Fitzpatrick. Outspoken player, quitter, returner, and now Philadelphia Liberty CoGM @kckolbe retired Kevin Cushing, effective the end of this season, and became the first major league big deal recreate with Fitzpatrick. Huge, huge news that had to be brought up here because it affects the future of a franchise in a major way.

With Tyler Oles moving from GM to HO (as was our evil 4 season plan mwuahahahaha) this paves the way for the Liberty to be set at quarterback for the post S10 NSFL future. All four players move to waivers now.

YETI AND SABERCATS EXCHANGE DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
COL receive:
(S1) Dan Miller - DT

SJS receive
(S3) Ricardo Sandoval - DT
PHI S8 2nd
COL S9 2nd
Note: Picks become 3rd round if Miller doesn't update within 2 weeks of each respective draft

You know how GMs will sometimes cry and talk about players they've just traded as if they're family? Heh. Yeti GM Antonio Sandoval literally just traded his brother. Both tackles are signed through S8 so this is a year and a half for either team. Both players are semi-active at best so who knows who ends up staying where for how long. It's easy to look at this and say that Colorado gave up too much in a situation that is NOT a must win now scenario for someone who might not be there past s8, and who goes into regression in the off season. To give up draft picks to do so makes it more questionable.

SABERCATS AND SECOND LINE SWAP LINEBACKERS
NOLA receive:
(S2) Vincent Sharpei - LB

SJS receive:
(S2) Luke Washington - LB
NOLA S8 2nd
NOLA S9 2nd (Condition: If Sharpei doesn't retire before the official end of S8, SJS gets this pick)

Muford stepped down as Cats CoGM as of trade deadline (as per the deal) and moved to new Orleans for a solid backup linebacker and at least one pick, but probably two. Both players involved are S2 so no regression comes into play until S8/9 offseason. This is a steep price paid by a team that believes it's a piece or two away from contention. And paid to a team that appears to be collecting draft picks for S8 and s9. At worst the Cats picked up 3 picks, and at best they picked up 4 separate 2nd round picks in the next two drafts. At no point did they sacrifice one of their own picks in the process. One team is in rebuild mode, the other is trying to climb up.

OTTERS AND YETI MOVE TIGHT ENDS AND OTHER PIECES
COL Receive:
Steven o'Sullivan- TE
Dental Dam- DE
OCO S9R3
OCO S8R1 (conditional on Crush signing in OCO for 2+ seasons)
OCO S9R2 (conditional on Crush winning Ultimus with OCO)

OCO receive:
Carlito Crush- TE

Carlito Crush is poised to be the breakout Tight End in the league after everyone but DiMirio fell by the wayside. The Yeti receive two minor pieces and some possibly far more important picks. The Yeti got some value for a player they were about to lose in free agency anyway, much like the Fuego Wozy trade a few seasons ago that sent him from Arizona to YKW, even though half the league didn't apparently realize the dude was about to leave. Relevant due to the situation and that hey look at that....Wozy and Crush are now on the same team. The Otters got another weapon and a significant upgrade at TE. They've done just fine with O'Sullivan taking up space, but Crush is a legit threat.

ASIPI MOVES ON FROM ARIZONA TO YKW
YKW Receives:
S6 Arbin Asipi Jr - DE

ARI Receives:
S5 Egor Medved - DT
ARI S8 R3

Asipi has never played for anyone but Arizona. Medved is semi-active at best. The pick might lead to an active player. Overall though, it's a pretty monumental pick, as Arizona is now on it's 4th GM with run_cmc stepping into the role he has been openly groomed for since he was drafted. he'll pick a new GM and we're all going to pretend it might be someone other than Roly until he takes the job. Yellowknife gets another trench warrior to help solidify their defense going forward.

So who won? Who lost? Fuck if I know. It's always difficult to see the ramifications of these trade until at least 2 full seasons later. Seriously. You can't realistically grade most transaction five seconds after they happened. You can however take in the myriad of ways in which a bunch of people created a bunch of work for HO and how there's now currently 3 CoGM slots open. Here's to whatever the hell happens the rest of this somewhat crazy season. :violin:

*Trade Deadline Review: WTF Just Happened? - dropbear - 05-03-2018

Awesome write-up man! Love that you were so quick on this. It's been a whirlwind

*Trade Deadline Review: WTF Just Happened? - kckolbe - 05-03-2018

Stoked to be part of what looks to be a great draft class. Also, big kudos to SJS for making two great trades for the franchise.

*Trade Deadline Review: WTF Just Happened? - ExemplaryChad - 05-03-2018

I feel a little bad (but only a little) pushing so hard for the Miller trade in my locker room, but he and I are friends IRL. If it's a bad trade, it's on me, not on my GMs. Just wanted to make that clear.

Also, btw, dude is the best DT there's ever been, and Hawk is competent (and rich) enough to fight regression as long as he wants. So that doesn't hurt.