International Simulation Football League
GM Trade Rules - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: GM Trade Rules (/showthread.php?tid=8526)

GM Trade Rules - dropbear - 05-04-2018

I've been pondering alternatives to having GMs need to agree to a trade for a player to take a GM position elsewhere. I think having a consistent structure that all teams and GMs had to follow would be ideal and more transparent.

My thinking was to have compensatory picks. For example, if a player drafted in round 1 moves to another team to GM, his original team gets a compensatory pick in round 1 of the following season's draft, exactly 1 pick in front of the team the player is moving to.

They then also get a compensatory pick based on the player's TPE total (we'd need to work out a scale, but recently most drafts drop off after 3 rounds, so it'd likely be 2 high draft picks)

Thoughts?

GM Trade Rules - kckolbe - 05-04-2018

I think just TPE relative to class seems the simplest, ignore draft position entirely.

GM Trade Rules - dropbear - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 11:35 PM)kckolbe Wrote:I think just TPE relative to class seems the simplest, ignore draft position entirely.

Yeah I just started thinking that draft position might actually be irrelevant if the player has been in the league long enough. I guess I was thinking from my frame of reference as a recent draftee.

GM Trade Rules - adam2552 - 05-04-2018

I think this is a bad idea.

1) The gaining team of the new GM, gains a new top tier player and they lose literally nothing.

2) The losing team, loses a top player, and gets two lottery tickets that will never be as good as the player they lost.

3) Every other team gets screwed because the comp pick will now move all of their picks down 1 or 2 slots.

4) Any player drafted in S7, especially one with the activity level to be considered as a GM, will be better than ANY player drafted in S8.

So basically the gaining team gets a stud player in exchange for literally nothing, and every other team gets screwed.

Also, this would allow for massive amounts of loopholes. Liberty could make you Co-GM today, then Winchester Co-GM tomorrow, then Blocksdale Co-GM the next day, etc. They would lose nothing and have a team of all the best players in the league.

Using you as an example since you were the most recent 1st pick. The Yeti drafted you 1st overall with obviously expectations that you would lead their offense for years. Hypothetically, lets say you are offered to GM the Otters. Do you think fair compensation for the Yeti is, they get S8 pick 8 and S8 pick 16 in exchange for their S7 1st overall pick?

GM Trade Rules - iamslm22 - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 09:28 AM)adam2552 Wrote:I think this is a bad idea. 

1) The gaining team of the new GM, gains a new top tier player and they lose literally nothing. 

2) The losing team, loses a top player, and gets two lottery tickets that will never be as good as the player they lost.

3) Every other team gets screwed because the comp pick will now move all of their picks down 1 or 2 slots. 

4) Any player drafted in S7, especially one with the activity level to be considered as a GM, will be better than ANY player drafted in S8.

So basically the gaining team gets a stud player in exchange for literally nothing, and every other team gets screwed. 

Also, this would allow for massive amounts of loopholes.  Liberty could make you Co-GM today, then Winchester Co-GM tomorrow, then Blocksdale Co-GM the next day, etc.  They would lose nothing and have a team of all the best players in the league. 

Using you as an example since you were the most recent 1st pick.  The Yeti drafted you 1st overall with obviously expectations that you would lead their offense for years.  Hypothetically, lets say you are offered to GM the Otters.  Do you think fair compensation for the Yeti is, they get S8 pick 8 and S8 pick 16 in exchange for their S7 1st overall pick?

Retweet. Completely agree.

GM Trade Rules - timeconsumer - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 10:28 AM)adam2552 Wrote:Hypothetically, lets say you are offered to GM the Otters.  Do you think fair compensation for the Yeti is, they get S8 pick 8 and S8 pick 16 in exchange for their S7 1st overall pick?

Otters S7 Ultimus Champs confirmed?

GM Trade Rules - adam2552 - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 11:12 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:Otters S7 Ultimus Champs confirmed?

I'm pretty sure Vegas would have you guys as the favorites right now. Even though Wraiths have a better record and would get home field advantage, they have a tougher road to even get into the Ultimus game.