International Simulation Football League
(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show (/showthread.php?tid=8532)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - Oles - 05-04-2018

Requirements

Written: Must Include 150 Words. As part of a new initiative to get more fans the NSFL is looking into a halftime show for the Ultimus game. As such they're polling ideas for musical performers. Come up with who you think would be the best fit for the first ever Ultimus Half-Time Show, and what they would do to make the show unique and entertaining.

Graphic: Make a graphic showing the Half-Time Show taking place. Include the performer(s), and what would be their stage.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday Night, May 6th, 11:59 PST

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - Oles - 05-04-2018

Written: Must Include 150 Words. As part of a new initiative to get more fans the NSFL is looking into a halftime show for the Ultimus game. As such they're polling ideas for musical performers. Come up with who you think would be the best fit for the first ever Ultimus Half-Time Show, and what they would do to make the show unique and entertaining.

For the NSFL we should get Alestorm to run the half time show. This band is part of a genre called Pirate Metal, and it is exactly what you think it is. What could be better than a pirate themed band for a bunch of drunks? Well I can’t think of anything that would be better, and it would be perfect for a rowdy crowd. They have some great songs that are sea shanty inspired and could easily bring the pirate theme to the stage and in their presentation. Imagine the Otters and whoever the NSFC team is leaving the field, and then a giant pirate ship comes out and the cannons are tshirt cannons, confetti cannons, or anything else that would be able to be sent to the crowd. You could do so much with a pirate theme and get so many fans on board that you’d be able to have the best show ever. (156 words)

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - infinitempg - 05-04-2018

The Super Bowl halftime show is one of the most spectacular events of the year - with world-famous pop stars, giant animatronics, and flame throwers all involved and on the field. If the NSFL wants to compete with this, they need someone with not only the star power of a Bruno Mars or Justin Timberlake, but also someone much more unique. In my time in the DSFL, I can remember one incredible halftime performer that I think fits the bill - and that is the Bikini Bottom Super Band. We had played an offseason scrimmage at the Bubble Bowl, and let me tell you, they were amazing! From the beginning, their conductor had the utmost confidence, and the lead singer is cult icon Spongebob Squarepants, a young fry cook with an inspirational story of his own. I think inviting the Bikini Bottom Super Band to perform at this year's Ultimus would be a huge boon to viewership, as many will tune in just to see them play.

Here's a clip from when they performed at the Bubble Bowl:

[iframe width=\\\"560\\\" height=\\\"315\\\" src=\\\"https://www.youtube.com/embed/OJRA_IvmbQ4\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen][/iframe]

177 words

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - DeathOnReddit - 05-04-2018

holder of the place.

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - kckolbe - 05-04-2018

Bruno Mars was thought by many to be a poor pick...until he performed. Conversely, many were happy Katy Perry was picked, until she performed. However, her show was the more talked about both during and after the Super Bowl. Clearly, what this means is that the best halftime show is the worst halftime show and vice versa. In fact, the best thing the NSFL could do is guarantee an absolute train wreck by having actual NSFL players do the half time show. Fans could pick the routine the players would have to perform, and then watch as they absolutely failed to pull it off. In order to incentivize doing it well, whichever team performed better at halftime (judged by viewers in attendance) would be awarded a touchdown, credited to the best performer. Teams would actually have to roster some capable performers, in addition to special teams and starters, but it would be worth it for the glorious train wreck that the show would be.

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - Leafer - 05-04-2018

Super Bowl half times suck. They have always sucked except for the the times before a decade before the generation was not stupid. So fuck the NFL but for NSFL, the ultimus game half time is where it is at. And it is where the people vote for who should be the perfect fit for the first ever half time show. So who do you think will the people vote for? Easy peasy. It will be the jabroni-beating, la-la-la-la pie eating, trailblazing, eyebrow raising step off the break, put your foot on the gas, always ready to whoop some ass, People's Champ, The Rock!

Its perfect. He is the people's champion and he is dwayne johnson. He will lay a smackdown on any candy asses especially on the Outlaws and Liberty. The rock is the best and he is better than any one who would wanna be a fit for this show and if you smmmmmmmmmellllllllllllllllllllllllllll lalalallalalallow what the rock is cooking.

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - speculadora - 05-04-2018

For the halftime show of the NSFL's Ultimus game, I would bring in a bunch of strippers and turn the whole thing into a strip club. Like 70% of the crowd is probably men as it is. It is a win-win situation for everyone involved. The seedy old businessmen in the crowd have somewhere to throw their ridiculous piles of money. The strippers make a bunch of money. The entire world is enthralled by the display. Nobody is paying attention to anything in the real world, only the game. Hypnotists come in and lull the entire viewership into a trance. They have no idea that the half time show will actually last nearly the duration of a full game. Nobody will. With so much of the country incapacitated, it's time to put my plan for the perfect crime into action. So many years of planning finally coming to fruition. I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - tlk742 - 05-04-2018

Are you familiar with the greatest band ever created? I know what you’re thinking, tlk The Beatles are broken up, and anyways it’s Zeppelin and they broke up after Bonham died. Well then, you uncultured swine, you’re not familiar with the greatest band ever. I am of course referring to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. Dr. Mayhem is the front man, he has the gravely and sexy voice that makes women swoon. He also plays the keyboard. Flyod Pepper is about all cool as bassists get, and you cannot beet his Sgt. Peppers like suit. Janice, aw man where to start with Janice, she’s just a great guitarist all around. But you have the key pieces most bands don’t have in Lips and Zoot, trumpet and saxophone, respectively. Although Lips didn’t join the Electric Mayhem until late, he’s a welcome addition and a great compliment to Zoot. Finally, what band wouldn’t be complete without a Drummer, and who is the most iconic drummer? Animal. The…er…thing…is an animal on drums and it’s crazy. Get them, and you’ve got the band to end all bands in the Ultimus halftime show.

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - Beaver - 05-05-2018

Hmmm let's see the National Simulation Football League wants entertainment I wonder who they could hire hmm yes I'm going to have to suggest the one and only Connor Tanner the notorious despicable criminal whose notorious despicable crimes are well known around these parts and include bamboozling, coercing, blackmailing, cajoling, and otherwise forcing ~TOTALLY ACTIVE AND CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS OF THE LEAGUE~ into retiring against their will and right after he did so the league had massive entertainment for several days and hey look I'm still writing about it so technically he's still entertaining the league and I mean he'd be the perfect halftime right I mean he could come out and the crowd boos the shit out of him and he picks 7 players at random and they're forced to retire right there halfway through the championship game except that 1 gets to say no man I'd watch the fuck out of that it'd probably be more interesting than the game.

Code:
161 words

(S7) - Weekend PT 4 - Half-Time Show - majesiu - 05-05-2018

[Image: TCTyplt.png]