International Simulation Football League
*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream (/showthread.php?tid=8585)

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - caltroit_red_flames - 05-10-2018

Word Count: 2510

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Chad and Thad Go Out For Ice Cream[/div]

Everyone wants to end their regular season a good note so they go into the post season (if they make it that far) feeling on top of their game. The Tijuana Luchadore are not exception to this. Our story brings starts with Chad Pennington feeling great about the game so far, walking through the tunnel back to the locker room side by side with Thad Pennington after taking the lead in the 2nd quarter, 7-0.

Chad thinks to himself: This has been a really tough season for us, it’s so weird to think that even if we lose this game we’ll still be the top team in the conference…

Chad: “Hey what are you doing after the game? We should get some ice cream, man!”

Thad: “That’s really what you’re thinking about right now? Dude we still have an entire half to play!”

Chad: “Yeah I know, but everyone’s gonna be so caught up with the media and stuff, I wanted to make plans before that game is over.”

Thad: “... Sure Chad, we can go out for ice cream if that’s really what you want to do. Now get your head in the game, this thing ain’t over yet.”

Chad: “I never said it was! I’m making my tackles aren’t I?”

Thad: “Yeah, yeah. Just keep making ‘em for another half.”

Man, Thad is always so serious during games. I guess that’s a good thing though, better than not being serious enough at least.

Thad and Chad sit down at their lockers and starting going through their routines. During every half time break for the past 10 years Chad has had a banana and a Gatorade to give him that bit of energy to get him through the next half. At some point it became less of a need and more of a routine than anything. There’s no way that can be metabolized quick enough to really help during the game, but at least it keeps his stomach from feeling too full.

Chad: “Hey have you seen Brad? He hasn’t come back from the turf?”

Thad: “He’s probably signing some autographs or something, dude loves the spotlight.”

Chad: “Man I know I shouldn’t be asking to get ice cream right now, but signing autographs at half time, that’s a real distraction. That won’t fly in the NSFL for sure. Come on let’s go get him.”

Chad and Thad walk back down the tunnel to the turf get Brad, and see him signing tickets, foreheads, and a woman’s balloons. Mad and Dad would be so ashamed to see their son signing those, especially in front of so many people. “We taught you better than that!”, Mad would say. But Brad would say something like “Chill out mom, it’s not like I’m going to have sex with her!”, and there’d a big argument about the whole thing. When will that kid learn…

Chad: “Hey Brad get in the locker room, you can sign tits after the game!”

Brad: “Chill out Chad, I’ll just be another minute.”

Chad: “Are you really gonna make me pull rank here? I shouldn’t have to babysit you every game... “

Brad: “Damn man, fine... “

And tomorrow I’m gonna have to read some ridiculous article about how there’s “trouble in the Luchadores locker room brewing between Chad and Brad Pennington” over this cause some annoying reporter probably overheard what we just said to each other…

Brad, Chad and Thad walk back down the tunnel to get ready for the tunnel to get ready for the final half of their regular seaosn.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]* * *

Start of 3rd Quarter
Luchadores: 7

Marshals: 0

Start of 4th Quarter
Luchadores: 10

Marshals: 7

[/div]

The Tijuana Luchadores lead the San Antonio Marshalls by 3 points, the 4th quarter begins with a punt by the Luchadores. Nyquist returns the ball for the Marshalls and is brought down at the 26 yard line where the Marshalls would start their drive.

Vick passes to Riddick, incomplete - SA 26

Nyquist rushes for a gain of 2 yards. - SA 28

Fitzpatrick passes to Backlam for a gain of 25 yards - TIJ 47

Vick passes to Warren for a gain of 10 yards - TIJ 37

Vick passes to Riddick for a gain of 20 yards - TIJ 17

Nyquist rushes for a gain of 2 yards - TIJ 15

Vick passes to Catcherman for a gain of 14 yards - TIJ 1

It only took 6 consecutive play for San Antonio to gain 75 yards, and now the ball sat at the 1 yard line. Vick hands the ball off to Nyquist, Nyquist finds a gap in the defensive line.

TOUCHDOWN MARSHALLS!

Chad and the defense come off the field to Brad practically foaming at the mouth.

Brad: “What the hell was that?! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! ARE YOU TRYING TO THE THROW THE GODDAMN GAME???

Chad: “Get yourself under control before you go back on the field, Brad.”

Brad: “YOU GET YOUR FUCKING DEFENSE UNDER CONTROL, YOU JUST LET THEM HAVE THE ENTIRE FIELD!”

Chad: “If you don’t sit down and shut up we’re putting in Penner.”

Brad: “Go for it, if you keep throwing the game it won’t matter who play QB anyway!”

Chad: “We blanked them for an entire half! Shut up and worry about your offense, you’ve got enough to keep you busy there!”

Chad sits down on the bench and pulls out an iPad to watch the last drive to try and find out what just happened. Brad wasn’t wrong, the Marshalls absolutely tore into them, 55 passing yards in three plays. It was nothing short of brutal.

Thad: “Hey man, what just happened? Brad looks pretty pissed… Shit, you look pretty pissed.”

Chad: “He’s acting like a fool is all, don’t worry about it. We have our shit to figure out of defense anyway.”

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]* * *[/div]

The rest of the game would go terribly for the Luchadores. Tijuana would score only another field goal in the second half, and San Antonio would score two field goals and another touchdown. Brad, Chad and Thad would walk down the tunnel for the last time together for that regular season. Chad sat down in his locker, practically ready to punch through a wall when Brad walked over to him and said something.

Chad: “What the hell are you talking about man? You can’t do that to us, we’re your team! You can’t do that to Thad and I!”

Brad: “Things change, the season isn’t over yet. We’re getting to the bigs now, we can’t choose where we play anymore.”

Chad: “Oh don’t give me that crap, are you really going to act like such a child over one game?”

Brad: “That’s not what this is about Chad, did you really think we were going to be able to do this forever? It’s not that easy, and this makes things way more complicated now.”

Chad was at a loss for words. He began going around the locker room, fist bumping and shaking the hands of his teammates, and giving words of encouragement about how now the real season is about to begin. When he finished he hit the showers, got dressed and sat down in his locker.

Thad: “You ready to get that ice cream?”

Chad: “Huh? Oh, nah. I’m not really in the mood anymore.”

Thad: “Come on man, you can’t do that. Getting me all excited for some mint chocolate chip and now you’re telling me I don’t get any? That’s outrageous. It’s unfair!”

Chad: “I’m having a rough day, can we just go back to the apartment?”

Thad: “Nope, you asked for ice cream and now you’re getting it whether you like it or not.”

Chad and Thad walked outside to their cars and drove to the best ice cream shop in Tijuana: Tepoznieves

[Image: tepoznieves-tijuana-erin-jackson.jpg]

Thad: “So what’s going on with you and Brad? Why are you guys yelling at each other so much?”

Chad: “I don’t know man, I think he’s pretty pissed that I was made the captain. He keeps telling me I need to control my defense. I don’t think he really gets what being a captain is about. He told me something else… But I don’t want to talk about that.”

Thad: “Alright dude whatever. It’s cool if you don’t want to talk about it, but you gotta stop being in a shitty mood then. What are you getting?”

Chad: “Fair enough. I don’t know yet, I’m not the kind of guy who orders the same thing every time.”

Thad: “Suit yourself, I’m getting my mint chocolate chip.”

Thad ordered his ice cream and grabbed them a table. It took Chad a minute, but he finally decided what he wanted and sat down with Thad.

Thad: “Man is that gummy bears on strawberry ice cream? I don’t know what goes on in that head of yours, but gummy bears on ice cream ain’t right.”

Chad: “I’ll put whatever I damn well please on my ice cream, thank you very much! You have any of the NSFL team contact you?”

Thad: “Yeah a few, why?”

Chad: “Just curious. I’ve had like 3 email me, they keep asking me whack questions like ‘Are you okay with using Discord, and do I care about the locker room presence?’ Like what? I’ve never even heard of Discord, and wouldn’t every locker room have the same number of people in it? We need to fill out the roster one way or another. I don’t know man, it’s weird.”

Thad: “Yeah, I don’t know what they’re talking about. Must be some texting app they use to make sure everyone is at practice or something. Hey, give me a gummy bear.”

Chad: “Get your own gummy bear you freeloader, you’ve got your own contact!”

Thad: “Yeah, but have you seen the price of equipment these days? I can’t afford to pay 3 million dollars for a pair of cleats every year, now give me a damn gummy bear.”

Chad: “Alright yeah you’ve got a point, take your gummy bear.”

This is the kind of stuff that Chad was worried about missing out on when he and his brothers went to the NSFL, but it seemed like it was only ever Chad and Thad who were getting ice cream after games and playing paintball together on their off days anymore. Brad was too busy soaking up the attention of the media and talking to other teams’ head offices.

Chad: “Hey we’re gonna play together next year, right?”

Thad: “I told you I’m not going anywhere already, why are you so worried about that?”

Chad: “Brad seems real distant now, it kind of came out today on the field. I just don’t want to lose you too.”

Thad: “We’re brothers, we gotta have each other’s backs out there. Besides, we can’t ask mom and dad to watch 3 different games in 1 night, they probably have other stuff to do, so we have to stay on the same team.”

Chad: “Yeah, you would think so… We have to talk to Brad soon though… It’s not a big deal I guess, we’ll always be playing together. The Pennington duo is gonna kick some ass on defense in the playings, next year, and then in the NSFL for a long time.”

Thad: “Yeah we are buddy. Just wait, we’ll win the Ultimini next year. That’ll really give the NSFL a wakeup call.

Chad and Thad finished their ice. Chad had never tasted ice cream that was so bitter and sweet at the same time. Thad had never had more exciting day dreams of what he and his brother were going to accomplish together. The Ultimini, and the some day the Ultimus .The NSFL would never be the same after they were through with it.

The two brothers left the ice cream shop and went home to their apartment together to get ready for the playoffs. These next two games, that is if the Luchadores are able to improve on the final game of their season and defeat the Marshalls in game 1 of the playoffs, could determine the rest of the Pennington's careers. They'll have to come out of the gate running faster and hitting harder than they ever have before. But Chad is willing to do anything for his brothers.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]* * *

Later that night...[/div]

Chad lays awake in his bed, pondering what Brad said to him in the locker. Did he really mean it? He and Brad got really heated on the field. It's understandable that Brad would get upset, that may have been one of the worst displays of defense to ever happen in the DSFL. Still, that doesn't explain why Brad would say something like that. It's obviously something he's been thinking about a lot. Maybe after last offseason he decided to take it easy on Chad and wait until the coming offseason to let him know but then the argument caused things to boil over?

Thad obviously knew something was going between Brad and Chad, but he seemed content to let the two sort out their problems. Whatever happened he was planning on sticking with Chad. That was probably the biggest reason Chad wasn't at the gym right now, sweating out his frustrations with Brad (that and the bruises might make it difficult to do bench presses), Chad knew Thad would be there through thick and thin. He was Chad's rock through everything.

What would the Luchadores GM think? What would his teammates think? Chad had found a new family with these guys. They had voted him their captain and he planned to show that they had put their faith in the right person. Leading the league in tackles sure showed he had what it took on the field. But that's the easy part. Chad had been plsying football his whole life. At this point tackling runnings was second nature to him. The real difficult part was being a captain off the field. Forcing fighting teammates to get along, getting the whole team to gel at the beginning of the season, figuring out just how the team was going to strategize against other team's offenses each week. Now he'd face the hardest test he ever had. Chad had come a long way since the gun, pills and bleachers back in New York. He didn't cry every night at the thought of losing his brothers to the draft. He just didn't think it was going to come this early.

This story of Brad, Chad and Thad is brought to you by bananas and Gatorade! Need a burst of energy to finish off that 2nd half of the game? Go with nature's energy bar! The all natural, non GMO, good old fashioned banana! And while you're at it, grab yourself a Gatorade. Coming in dozens of different flavors from Fruit Punch to Grape to Wild Blueberry, Gatorade is always there to rehydrate you and fill your body with the electrolytes you need to get you back on the field to make the next tackle.

"My name is Chad Pennington and I approve this message!"

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - run_CMC - 05-10-2018

the plot thickens :eyes:

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - Blastmeaway - 05-10-2018

That was some damn good ice cream too.
Im gonna need some more after our first round victory against my old squad.

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - keanex - 05-10-2018

Where's the part where they shower using milk?

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - caltroit_red_flames - 05-10-2018

(05-11-2018, 03:26 AM)keanex Wrote:Where's the part where they shower using milk?

That's in part 2

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - PDXBaller - 05-10-2018

I love the images! LOL

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - Beaver - 05-10-2018

Incredible.

*Chad and Thad Get Ice Cream - nunccoepi - 05-10-2018

lol this is great. So on a hunch I decided to google "best ice cream shop in Tijuana"

[Image: E3egAa9.jpg]

edit: after further exploration the image used is in fact an image of the Tepoznieves place in Tijuana. Bravo Chad