International Simulation Football League
*how to be a successful Linebacker - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *how to be a successful Linebacker (/showthread.php?tid=8715)

*how to be a successful Linebacker - Toasty - 05-18-2018

A. Run down on the sim as a defensive player
There is two things I have found out about this sim. 1. if you are LB or S speed is key and 2. Tackling does not help your tackling as much as Strength does so with that in mind I will tell you guys my tips and trick as a LB

B. Attribute scale
First off we starts off with what you should update first: Speed/Strength>Intelligence>Tackling>Agility>Endurance

This mean you should really update Speed and Strength the most the intel and so on.
If you plan on being a Linebacker I would strongly suggest either Speed or balanced Linebacker. Those archetypes are the most useable and bendable (being able to play in different position such as CB and S)

C. LB Importance scale
The order of the pecking order of the LBs:
SLB>MLB>WLB

I don’t know the meaning of this it is just something I have picked up on from both Timeconsumer, PFTN, and PDXBaller.

D. Productivity
Many LBs are productive as an IA (Inactive), semi active, and Actives. Meaning if you create a player it can and probably will have an impact in game even if you do not update him.

E. Update Guide
As a Speed LB I can tell about how much and how far to update stuff.

i: the first set of updates
Get speed and strength around 75 ish
This will help you get tackles/power through O-line men and have decent speed. It will also make it hard for the ball carrier to power through you.

Agility around 65ish
This will help you get around some O-line men but not all of them

Intell around 60+
This will make it so you kinda know where the ball is so you don’t keep gunning at the QB 5 seconds after he throws it

Tackling around 70ish
If think this is just the form of tackling which also help them not power through .

Endurance around 65ish
This will help you stay on the field longer and not tire as easily

Hands around 50ish
This will help you come down with the pick if you are covering a receiver

ii: The second set of updates
Speed = Mazed and Strength = Maxed
This will help you clean up the leftovers from what you teams either miss and/or get powered thew. And you can get through almost every DSFL O=linemen

Tackling around 75ish
This will also help you with tackling.

Agility around 75 ish
This will really help you in two situations when you are blitzing because you can get around the linemen and when you are covering cause then the receiver can’t lose you as easily. It also helps since it makes it harder for the ball carrier to “break your ankles”.

Endurance around 75 ish
The longer you stay on the field A. more tackles and sacks you get and B. less chance of a big play.

Intel around the Max
This so you are more aware of where the ball is makes it less likely for you to get a penalty called against you.

Hands Maxed
Because who doesn’t like to pick the QB off and have the chance at a pick six.

iii: The third and final stage

Max everything in no particular order and mix it up you are not obligated to stick to one thing till it is maxed.

YOU DON’T HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME OR EVEN FOLLOW THIS IT IS JUST A GUIDE TO HELP YOU OUT

F. Equipment
One thing I know for sure is Pro everything is nice but not everyone has the money for that so I will give you insight on want should be pro and what shouldn’t

A. Cleats: Pro
B. Gloves: Not Pro
C. Shoulder Pads: Pro
D. Stay after Practice Not Pro
E. Weekly Training: Pro (1 million)

If I missed anything that you believe should be added or you have question please DM me or ping me on Discord please. I am on Discord more than the site so that will lead to quicker response time. If I add an idea of yours you will get paid 100% of the words that I add.