International Simulation Football League
*A Message from the Mountains - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Message from the Mountains (/showthread.php?tid=8734)

Pages: 1 2 3

*A Message from the Mountains - dropbear - 05-19-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 8KTPlbu.png][/div]

As free agents are making their decisions on where to next take their talents and the Season 8 draft speeds toward us, I thought now would be a good time to give any prospective future teammates of mine an insight into what it's like to play for Colorado.

Inside the Locker Room

I'm going to start by addressing the Yeti in the room: Colorado hasn't won a game for two whole seasons.

As a free agent or draft prospect, you're probably imagining a locker room fraught with in-fighting and calls for the GM's head. Well, I'll let some teammates answer that for you.

Micycle McCormick - K/P (@infinitempg): "This is a team that believes in itself, and that’s hard to find from a group of people that have done nothing but not succeed in two years. Most teams, and I’ve been on some bad teams (see Chicago Coyotes, Rutgers), would roll over and collapse, lose morale, and just have no fight left... but not this team. There’s nowhere for us to go but up, and we are fighting like hell to get there".

Now, you're probably saying to yourself, "Yeah, sure, you can make guys who are locked into a contract put on a happy face to the media so they don't get benched. I want to hear what some free agents have to say!"

Here's a soundbite from Michael Tillman (@mmfootball), the Yeti safety who turned down numerous offers from rival teams to sign a three-year deal that keeps him in Colorado until the end of Season 10:

"A lot of people have their doubts about us here in Colorado but they're thinking about the old Yeti. They think I'm crazy for signing a three year deal with a team where I've only won 2 games in the first three years I've been here, but that's the old Yeti. This is a new era of the Colorado Yeti that should be taken seriously and I have 100% faith in".

Ok, well what about the Yeti leadership group? It must be rotten to the core after an extended lack of success, right?

Haruki Ishigawa (@ExemplaryChad), just one of the Yeti's star linebackers and also a team captain, had some thoughts to the contrary:

"I've become a real believer in this team, not necessarily because of our talent. Every team has elite talent. It's because of our culture. We're not just some loveable losers content to sit back and keep losing year in and year out. We're looking to compete, and it's going to happen sooner rather than later".

Moving into the Future

Ok, it's all well and good for me to put some positive opinions from within the organisation on display, but there's probably one more thing you're asking yourself as you consider a possible future with the Yeti: "What's their plan?"

Offence
The offence is headline by four key players: quarterback and offensive captain Ryan Applehort (@Daybe - S7, 357 TPE), wide receivers Dwayne Aaron (@Supersquare04 - S6, 478 TPE) and me, Howard Miller (S7, 423 TPE), and running back Mark Grau (@keanex - S7, 282 TPE).

As you can see, we were all drafted within one year of one another, with three of us coming from the same draft class. This means that as the old guard of the NSFL regresses and we rise to prominence, our peaks will all occur at the same time, leading to what I predict will be the NSFL's own 'Greatest Show on Turf'.

Don't think that if you're an offensive player you have no spot on this team, though. We are always on the hunt for great teammates, great contributors, and overall great people regardless of the position you play. We value the phenomenal culture we've developed in Colorado, and welcome anyone who's eager to add to it in their own unique way!

Defence
The defence is spearheaded by General Manager and defensive end Antonio Sandoval (@TheMemeMaestro - S3, 611 TPE), captains Haruki Ishigawa (S4, 576 TPE) and Michael Tillman (S5, 449 TPE), veterans Jonathon Saint (@jparks98 - S1, 1059 TPE) and Dan Miller (@7hawk77 - S1, 814 TPE), and up-and-comers like cornerback Desta Danger (@DestaDanger - S7, 183 TPE).

Of course, there's also the architect of the 'No Bly Zone', shutdown cornerback Andre Bly Jr. (@sapp2013 - S5, 704 TPE) who is currently deliberating his future. Whatever Bly's choice is, his relationship with the entire Yeti organisation will be a positive one, and the defensive tactics he's instilled and the ferocity he modelled will still be on display whenever we take the field.

We're looking for some more defensive studs to round out what is already a formidable unit, and really take the league by snowstorm.

Conclusion

There you have it - all the reasons you could possibly want to come play 'ball in the mountains.

With the young pieces we have in place on offence, the core group we've accumulated on defence surrounded by some amazing veterans and the new young contributors, not the mention the great culture we've established, the Colorado Yeti are shaping up as one of the frontrunners for success in the next period of the NSFL's history.

So, are you ready to be a part of it? COL

yeti noises

*A Message from the Mountains - Daybe - 05-19-2018

can confirm

COL

*A Message from the Mountains - run_CMC - 05-20-2018

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "I should stick my team's logo on Uncle Sam." I very nearly sent it out to a few Free Agents...

(05-19-2018, 11:56 PM)BenLongshaw Wrote:So, are you ready to be a part of it? COL
no

Cool write-up though

*A Message from the Mountains - mmfootball - 05-20-2018

COL

*A Message from the Mountains - Supersquare04 - 05-20-2018

Can confirm

*A Message from the Mountains - JaPetFlo - 05-20-2018

I would love to be a part of yeti

*A Message from the Mountains - dropbear - 05-20-2018

(05-20-2018, 03:07 PM)JaPetFlo Wrote:I would love to be a part of yeti

We'd love to have you! Heck of a season man. 60 tackles, 9 sacks, and int and a forced fumble - you were going off out there! No wonder Pythons won the Ultimini again :lift:

*A Message from the Mountains - JaPetFlo - 05-20-2018

(05-19-2018, 11:10 PM)BenLongshaw Wrote:We'd love to have you! Heck of a season man. 60 tackles, 9 sacks, and int and a forced fumble - you were going off out there! No wonder Pythons won the Ultimini again  :lift:

Thanks. I did that all while being IA

*A Message from the Mountains - Toasty - 05-20-2018

Quote:I would love to be a part of yeti

My own brother... My own brother... The chance of being a yeti... I'm going to cry in the corner for a while, because Yeti... Yeti might be good then

*A Message from the Mountains - infinitempg - 05-20-2018

#YETINOISES
COL COL COL COL