International Simulation Football League
*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Fire-Breds Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=8745)

Pages: 1 2

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Toasty - 05-20-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]FIRE-BRED'S S8 NSFL MOCK DRAFT
[/div]

We need more Mock drafts so I put aside my Portland Pythons Season rundown (go check it out some great stuff there). I did write this Saturday May 19th when the only Mock draft in the Media was Sapp's. Like him I am trying to get more Mock draft done so we can see what the community thinks about these players and where they think they will go.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]ROUND 1:

COL
Portland Pythons || S || William H. Harrison
[/div]
With the first overall pick in the NSFL S8 Draft I can not see the Yeti not going with, in my opinion, the Portland Pythons Defensive Rookie of the Year William H. Harrison. Harrison was ahead of a lot of defensive line men in sacks and has proven to be an active player and can lead teams in the right direction. Harrison was the Pythons first pick in the S7 DSFL draft. Yeti WILL select this player if they want to set the tone of the draft that is they are willing to select the big time players that WILL lead them to great things. Yeti does not want to go 0-14 3 times in a row and with Micheal Tillman playing CB they have a giant whole in the safety position and I think William will fill this hole perfectly. He can blitz, cover, and even... return puts and kickoffs to the house if you ask him to. I Expect this will be the FIRST, first overall pick to be very consistent in the league and will be a Hall of Famer by the end of his career. He will be the jump start the Yeti could need on defense. If the Yeti do not take William Harrison here they will be kicking themselves 2-3 years down the road.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] NOLA
Tijuana Luchadores || LB || Chad Pennington
[/div]
With the second overal pick Second Line would be fools no to take Pennington here. Of Chad, Brad, and Thad, Chad put up the best numbers leading the DSFL in tackles with 130 and 5 of them were tackles for loss. He also is able to get the ball out of the air with a pick and 3 pass deflections. He also put up 8 tackles in the championship against the Portland Pythons, which was second behind Portland's Mason Brown who put up 9 tackles. But unfortunately he was not able to get to the quarterback and get a sack. Many people argue that he only got those numbers because he was not competing against anyone on the defense so he could just rake in the tackles, but I believe that he got those tackles because he built his player to be the best. For a team the is starting to rise he will be the center piece of the defense, especially now that they lost PFTN to the Otters. Look to see Chad on many Pro bowl rosters for years to come.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] SJS
Tijuana Luchadores || QB || Brad "Bummington" Pennington[/div]
This is the best pick for the 'Cats because of one thing. Regression is going to hit there Quarterback big time. I can not remember if he has retired yet so I am not going to put out fake information about someone retiring. If they take Pennington they are getting a great player who is very active on the site and discord and is not afraid to say what is one his mind. He was, in my mind, the leader of the Luchadores locker room though. I believe Chad was the silent leader of the Luchadores' Locker room, but Brad was your verbal leader. Brad threw more picks in his DSFL rookie season than Touchdowns but he is very smart player and knows football and the site better than most people do. If the SaberCats don't take Penning here it would have to be Harrison magically falls into their lap here some way some how.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] BAL
San Antonio Marshals || LB || Rickey Ramero[/div]
Rickey Ramero falls in to a great spot to a team the is in right the middle between screwed because of regression and going to take off because of regression. The Hawks were a great team this season who ended up in the playoffs playing the newly dethroned Orange County Otters. This could be the pick that helps take them over the hump and to a Ultimus appearance. With Ricky putting up 9 sacks and 7 batted passes it tells the Hawks and every other team, I move around and I can do just about anything you want me to do. Some people are saying he is the next Johnathon Saint. I don't really see him being that good but he is paving the way for a new generation of linebackers in this league.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] YKW
Kansas City Coyotes || DE || Childish Gambino[/div]
Childish Gambino was a huge part of the Coyotes D-line and he is not talk about nearly as much as he needs to be. The Wraiths already have a great D-end in Zack Skinner who everyone has seemed to forgot about because of his send down, but just you wait if they get Childish here they will have arguably the best defensive line in the NSFL. He had 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in his 14 games this last season. He doesn't get to the QB enough which is making him fall to the Wraiths. He will be surprising a lot of people in years to come though.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] SJS
San Antonio Marshals || LB || Brock Weathers III[/div]
Here the Sabercats go to defense after picking offense at 3. They take a very under rated linebacker from the Marshals. Brock was had 104 tackles tying him in 6th with former 8th overall pick Mason Brown. He also placed within the top 15 in sacks, just shy of shying a 9 sack season. He is one of the most consistent players in the DSFL. The Sabercats looking to beat the otters and hawks to get to the Ultimus next season will select this huge piece for their defense.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] NOLA
Tijuana Luchadores || S || Thad Pennington[/div]
Grabbing the last Pennington in this draft the Luchadores get the lowest rated of them all with Thad, they still continue to restructure their defense. Thad did not put up the numbers like his brother Chad but he did get 77 tackles which place him in the top 3 for tackles by a safety. With Thad getting took to the second line I could see a heated rivalry between Nola and San Jose. Thad also can get to the ball, he put up a pick and batted the ball twice. Thad is more of the backfield enforcer not much gets behind him.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] PHI
Tijuana Tuchadores || LB || Ben Horne[/div]
After missing out on Mason Brown last year Liberty will be looking for a linebacker to fill that hole and they will get a very highly rated one with Ben Horne. Ben Horne Disrupts the back field but when it comes to getting tackles is when he starts to should weakness. This could be fixed with either getting quicker or more strength

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - 124715 - 05-20-2018

(05-20-2018, 07:34 PM)Fire-Bred Wrote:Liberty will be looking for a linebacker to fill that hoe

unfortunate typos

(05-20-2018, 07:29 PM)124715 Wrote:unfortunate typos

um.. thanks for pointing that out. Wonder why grammarly didn't catch that?

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Supersquare04 - 05-20-2018

"regression is going to hit their qb hard" - Fire bred talking about how Orosz is going to die to regression, like he hasn't retired.

0/10 Article no pay bc you are fake news @`Fire-Bred`

(05-20-2018, 08:58 PM)Supersquare04 Wrote:"regression is going to hit their qb hard" - Fire bred talking about how Orosz is going to die to regression, like he hasn't retired. 

0/10 Article no pay bc you are fake news @`Fire-Bred`

I wrote it offline and could not remember if Orosz was Sabers QB and the one that retired.

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Ramero - 05-21-2018

The average mock has me going at like 4th Overall rip

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Daybe - 05-21-2018

You’re fake news

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Toasty - 05-22-2018

(05-21-2018, 10:51 PM)Daybe Wrote:You’re fake news
me?

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Durden - 05-22-2018

No Squanch in round 1? You're drunk, Toast.

*Fire-Breds Mock Draft - Toasty - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 08:05 AM)Durden Wrote:No Squanch in round 1? You're drunk, Toast.

You are going in the top of the 2nd