International Simulation Football League
*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts (/showthread.php?tid=8776)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - Durden - 05-22-2018

I don't get it. I really don't see why people have Squanch going 6th to the Sabercats. I get that they need help there, but they're one of the few teams that HAVEN'T reached out to him just yet. I understand that mocks are the discussion of normal users and not the GMs, but there has to be information leaking through the locker rooms. I get it's not final, and place doesn't matter. The TEAMS that are being discussed is odd to me.

As an update, Squanch has been approached by Philly, Arizona, Yellowknife, Colorado and Baltimore.

That leaves out Orange County, San Jose and New Orleans.

I'd be very surprised if any of those three teams drafted me. And to be quite honest, I'd be very disappointed if any of those three teams drafts me without even so much as a word beforehand. I take a lot of stock into the quality of people in the messages they send. I have zero interest in Philly as I've made quite known, yet PDX sent me a message. That's classy. That's an upstanding user that with a simple 10 minute conversation just elevated himself and his franchise.

I will not rule out signing for those three teams but again, will feel very unimpressed and very underwhelmed if I am selected there without hearing anything beforehand. It's not hard to send out feelers.

I still truly believe that I go to the Hawks or Wraiths, unless I slip and fall to the Outlaws, or they make a trade to acquire me (which I doubt they do because I'm not worth it, plain and simple).

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - TheWoZy - 05-22-2018

SJS

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - Molarpistols - 05-22-2018

If it makes you feel better, Otters don't even have any picks until the third round, so we haven't talked to any prospects. Only ones left at #23 will be IA anyway.

Didn't want to waste your time by reaching out when there was a realistic 0% chance of you dropping to us.

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - Durden - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 10:03 AM)Molarpistols Wrote:If it makes you feel better, Otters don't even have any picks until the third round, so we haven't talked to any prospects. Only ones left at #23 will be IA anyway.

Didn't want to waste your time by reaching out when there was a realistic 0% chance of you dropping to us.

Makes sense. But, anything can happen. I might not get drafted if people think I'm rude Tongue

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - kckolbe - 05-22-2018

For what it's worth, I only plan on taking you if there is a huge drop in talent after you. You've said that you don't want to play in Philly, and I respect that, especially since you didn't threaten a holdout or anything like that. It sucks, because our WR corps kinda blows, and I want a good WR for my new QB, but we'll have to get it next draft.

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - Toasty - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 10:22 AM)kckolbe Wrote:For what it's worth, I only plan on taking you if there is a huge drop in talent after you.  You've said that you don't want to play in Philly, and I respect that, especially since you didn't threaten a holdout or anything like that.  It sucks, because our WR corps kinda blows, and I want a good WR for my new QB, but we'll have to get it next draft.

Yeah don't pull a Mason Brown.

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - AdamS - 05-22-2018

I believe its worth noting that Nola, SJS, and OCO have the best WR tandems in the league

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - ItsJustBarry - 05-23-2018

(05-22-2018, 11:05 PM)AdamS Wrote:I believe its worth noting that Nola, SJS, and OCO have the best WR tandems in the league

We have very different definitions for 'best'.

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - iamslm22 - 05-23-2018

(05-22-2018, 11:05 PM)AdamS Wrote:I believe its worth noting that Nola, SJS, and OCO have the best WR tandems in the league

BAL WR tandem is better than SJS and NOLA

*Durden Opens Up About Mock Drafts - AdamS - 05-23-2018

Well, in terms of drafting, best would mean a combo of most tpe and/or least currently effected by regression in the way i'm using it