International Simulation Football League
*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Molarpistols' Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=8777)

Pages: 1 2

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - Molarpistols - 05-22-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Molarpistols' Power Rankings[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Pre-Draft Hype![/div]

Since Smallwood hasn't written them in awhile and I'll actually need equipment money for my recreate, I'm going to fill the gaping lack of team power rankings! There's not really too many hot-takes, but I'll give a blurb about each as we enter one of the most pivotal times for a franchise. The draft is where good teams are built, and a few small misses can lead to a franchise falling into despair. All that said, here we go!

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Top Tier Ultimus Contenders[/div]

1. Philadelphia Liberty PHI
It's hard to argue that the reigning Ultimus Champions deserve a spot lower than first in the league. For some reason, the Liberty never received as much buzz as Ultimus Contenders last season, as they were seemingly overshadowed by NSFC counterparts The Yellowknife Wraiths and previous 3x defending champion Orange County Otters.

A few people saw their strengths and knew they had a shot. Timeconsumer had been telling me all season he thought they'd win it all. The deadly offensive combination of Tyler Oles, Josh Garden and Fox North were dangerous to defend, and their defense was stingy, making them a well-balanced team. Beating two strong teams on the road in the playoffs is not to be overlooked.

The cap-space penalty is going to hurt in Season Eight, but they haven't lost any uber important pieces from their championship squad. Kevin Cushing retired, but the sim and CBs don't always get along. I don't think the loss will make much of a difference. The cap penalty can be worked around by taking lower tier OL, and the OL performance also won't drop off too much if they're constructed correctly.

2. Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
The reigning regular season champions only lost one regular season game last season. Much like the Ultimus Champion Liberty, the Wraiths return with most of their roster intact.

Regression will sting a little bit for the Wraiths, but much of the TPE lost will be gained right back by the heavily active members of the squad. Akselsen, Cook, Carter, Tuck and Tweed are the main backbone of the team that were regressed, and I'd expect it didn't take too much of a bite out of their abilities.

I wouldn't expect another single-loss season, but YKW is still a favorite to advance.

3. Orange County Otters OCO
A common trend among the top 3 teams is that they were already strong. A 4th straight Ultimus berth ended in tragedy for my very own Otters, as we dropped the championship game at home. It's probably best for the health of the league, however, as it isn't all that fun to see the same team win constantly.

On that note, I don't see a change in that coming all that soon. The most notable loss for the Otters is DE Fuego Wozy, who came ring-chasing last off-season and left for ASFC up-and-comer New Orleans Second Line.

The Otters were able to sign Carlito Crush after trading for him at the deadline last season. Expect the high-flying offensive powerhouse that is Orange County to continue without a hiccup.

Regression struck the Otters too, but generally in places that could take the hit. The biggest concern is QB Mike Boss's recent activity level, that'll make regression crippling in the next couple seasons. Season 8 shouldn't be a huge issue, and likely S7 Defensive Player of the Year Ian Bavitz will return for one more go before making way for my recreate.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Playoff/Possible Ultimus Contenders[/div]

4. Baltimore Hawks BAL
The Hawks experienced some heavy turnover in the front office, as Hendrix left with a famous sign-off phrase, and Co-GM Trey Willie stepped down.

Former Head Office member Iamslm stepped up to take over GM duties and Manicmav was added to the fold. Both additions are great hires and I don't think the Hawks will miss a beat with the changes. The Hawks aren't resting on their laurels, as they've been involved in extensive trade talks to bring in some more talent and make a push before star QB Avon Blocksdale hits the twilight of his career.

They've got a step to go before the next tier, but it'll be closer than many think.

5. New Orleans Second Line NOLA
The Second Line have made great strides since GM Bovo took over just a couple short seasons ago. He's taken the perennial bottom-feeders, formally known as the Las Vegas Legion into contention.

They narrowly missed the playoffs last season with a heart-wrenching loss in week 14. They've added Wozy and Smallwood to the squad, and QB Borkus Maximus is only just now entering his prime. By season 10, NOLA just might be the team to beat in the ASFC.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Contenders for 1st overall S9 Pick[/div]

6. Arizona Outlaws ARI
The Outlaws snuck into the playoffs last season, I wouldn't expect that to happen again in season 8. Star QB King Bronko has entered regression, and the lack of high draft picks the last couple seasons will leave Arizona struggling to replace some of the talent lost. Run-Cmc and Roly are smart managers, and they'll pull some wins out, but it'll take a bit of a rebuild yet to be true contenders.

The high draft pick drought will soon be over, so there's hope on the horizon.

7. San Jose Sabercats SJS
The Sabercats just saw their QB retire, and will likely be looking to a rookie starter in S8. They traded away star LB Vincent Sharpei and saw RB Darren Smallwood flee to NOLA in free agency.

Their top two receiving threata just entered regression as well. There isn't a whole lot to look forward to for SJS, but a strong draft could go a long way to changing that.

8. Colorado Yeti COL
I honestly want to rank them higher, as they've got a strong base of young up-and-coming stars on the roster, with another high pick to add on. However, it's been two full seasons since their last victory, and I can't bring myself to rank them higher until I see a win.

Important Co-GM Andre Bly stepped down and could possibly leave in free agency. His replacement seems more than adequate, but it's still a guessing game as to when the Yeti will finally find their groove and use their young talent to its fullest. QB Ryan Applehort was thrown onto the field a little early, but his growing experience should improve this team mightily.

Don't be surprised to see this team as high as Playoff Contenders by season's end. They have the talent to make a go at it.

This was all written on mobile, so I'll likely fine-tune some formatting and grammatical/spelling errors. I just want to post it to start discussions and ensure I don't lose it.

Code:
1122 Words

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - TheMemeMaestro - 05-22-2018

Hot take... The Yeti don't finish with the leagues worst record next year

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - ItsJustBarry - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 11:29 AM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:Hot take... The Yeti don't finish with the leagues worst record next year

Wanna bet?

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - kckolbe - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 09:29 AM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:Hot take... The Yeti don't finish with the leagues worst record next year

Make it hotter. Who will? My guess is SJS due to having the lowest TPE QB.

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - iamslm22 - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 11:53 AM)ItsJustBarry Wrote:Wanna bet?

Took the words right outta my mouth

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - Beaver - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 12:29 PM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:Hot take... The Yeti don't finish with the leagues worst record next year
I agree.

(definitely not willing to bet money on the Yeti though)

(05-22-2018, 01:22 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Make it hotter.  Who will?  My guess is SJS due to having the lowest TPE QB.
I could see SJ. Arizona also possible.

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - speculadora - 05-22-2018

It'll definitely be SJ. No disrespect to Brad but a sub 300 tpe QB is a huge handicap

(05-22-2018, 08:53 AM)ItsJustBarry Wrote:Wanna bet?

I would but the bankers never pay them out anyway...

(05-22-2018, 09:22 AM)kckolbe Wrote:Make it hotter.  Who will?  My guess is SJS due to having the lowest TPE QB.

I have SJS

*Molarpistols' Power Rankings - ItsJustBarry - 05-22-2018

(05-22-2018, 03:26 PM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:I would but the bankers never pay them out anyway...

Are you saying you have an outstanding bet that needs paid out? You're going to make me take @Bwestfield out to the woodshed?