International Simulation Football League
I’ve had it - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: ISFL Thunderdome (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: I’ve had it (/showthread.php?tid=8985)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

I’ve had it - Daybe - 05-30-2018

Dear rest of the NSFL,

Fuckyall.

(Im kidding, I love a lot of guys on this site)

I’m fucking tired of the shit we get from the rest of the league.

I did not want to call out names in this post. I fact I probably wasn’t even going to make this post until today.

@tlk742 why do you always have to give us shit? It seems like you go out of your way to talk down on the Yeti and our team. It’s unprovoked. We are class acts in Colorado and we didn’t take shit to the Legion when they were worse than us and they mass retired. But I guess you can’t expect people to reciprocate, even in a league that’s meant to be fun and games. You tried talking keanex into demanding a trade? Mind your own shit.

@`Fire-Bred` wow. I am 99.9% sure you talked JaPetFlo into retirement singlehandedly. Or he’s your multi. Why else would he come out of four weeks of inactivity just to say he wanted to play for Colorado and then go IA again? How would you know that he was going to retire the very next day in your draft grades? As low down shit goes that’s pretty low.

I’m just calling out a few specific people that have given us big time shit. I love this league and I love a lot of the users in it. That’s 100%.

There are a lot of good guys on this site.

I don’t want this league to go through another Archon again where he made people on the Hawks leave because of constant harassment.

Be considerate.

COL

I’ve had it - tlk742 - 05-31-2018

I'm not sure what I've done to draw this out of recent.

ok lot to unpack...

do I think the Pierno project went on too long? yes. I don't think a single soul here would argue that it didn't.

did I get overly critical in power rankings? yeah. probably. but they're clickbait half the time and let's be real, I've said good things too.

so let's go with the time they called out to for switching to qb because rove sucked, a major departure from the near wozy change to qb. To has been my crabs buddy for a while. he had plans to retire last year in the PBE before the season started and when I found I was down a starter for another year he agreed to stick around for me. what can I say? I stick up for my guys, similar to how you are here. I respect that.

the shadow gm advice - it was easy media and let's be real, a lot of the advice (don't keep wozy, saint and tweed, keep one or two and use the others as major trade value while building around ishigawa) was pretty sound and did get followed. so can't hate on that.

finally we got the free agency power rankings. Let's talk about this real fast. Baltimore had no use for Darren Smallwood, I'm the second highest tpe RB. Taylor is the first. Ok. So I can catch only problem is they're stacked at WR too. They reached out because even despite it all, I'm a locker room asset. I'm active. I talk, and real talk, I work hard for my team and do what I can to help. So the fact is that a team that is trying to prove they're on an upswing compared to the Second Line which pulled no punches to get me mind you shows me that there is some concerns about the long term planning. but that's my take on a black box.

I have played for the team that has been fucked the most by Reitres upon trade. the fact that Sandoval did it to me without even trying to know the cats locker room or tell anyone rubs me the wrong way espically when his brother is on the management of the team that traded him. it's also why I pushed to spite draft Peterson in the past. I think if you traded for a semi-active player and then within 7 days they retired, you'd be in a similar boat and have a sour taste in your mouth.

hopefully that cleared some of it up.

edit: if my power rankings were getting under your guys' skin, y'all should have reached out.

I’ve had it - Daybe - 05-31-2018

(05-30-2018, 10:00 PM)tlk742 Wrote:I'm not sure what I've done to draw this out of recent.

ok lot to unpack...

do I think the Pierno project went on too long? yes. I don't think a single soul here would argue that it didn't.

did I get overly critical in power rankings? yeah. probably. but they're clickbait half the time and let's be real, I've said good things too.

so let's go with the time they called out to for switching to an cause rove sucked, a major departure from the near wozy change to qb. To has been my crabs buddy for a while. he had plans to retire last year in the PBE before the season started and when I found I was down a starter for another year he agreed to stick around for me. what can I say? I stick up for my guys, similar to how you are here. I respect that.

the shadow gm advice - it was easy media and let's be real, a lot of the advice (don't keep wozy, saint and tweed, keep one or two and use the others as major trade value while building around ishigawa) was pretty sound and did get followed. so can't hate on that.

finally we got the free agency power rankings. Let's talk about this real fast. Baltimore had no use for Darren Smallwood, I'm the second highest tpe RB. Taylor is the first. Ok. So I can catch only problem is they're stacked at WR too. They reached out because even despite it all, I'm a locker room asset. I'm active. I talk, and real talk, I work hard for my team and do what I can to help. So the fact is that a team that is trying to prove they're on an upswing compared to the Second Line which pulled no punches to get me mind you shows me that there is some concerns about the long term planning. but that's my take on a black box.

I have played for the team that has been fucked the most by Reitres upon trade. the fact that Sandoval did it to me without even trying to know the cats locker room or tell anyone rubs me the wrong way espically when his brother is on the management of the team that traded him. it's also why I pushed to spite draft Peterson in the past.  I think if you traded for a semi-active player and then within 7 days they retired, you'd be in a similar boat and have a sour taste in your mouth.

hopefully that cleared some of it up.

edit: if my power rankings were getting under your guys' skin, y'all should have reached out.

I have to agree that it sucks to have a player you just drafted/traded for retire. We’ve had that happen with Ruckus, Sharper, and then a while back the Jackson trade where we were withheld information on Jackson’s intent upon arriving in Colorado.

I agree with most of what you’re saying but I don’t think you should tell us how to run our own team. We’ve built a strong locker room and a band of guys who will stick together. I don’t think the Sandoval trade was intentional, I’ve brought this up but sapp is such a great guy that he wouldn’t let that shit happen on his watch. He values dignity.

I’ve had it - Kendrick - 05-31-2018

Why are the yeti mad? Didn't they have Cosborn on their roster?

I’ve had it - Daybe - 05-31-2018

(05-30-2018, 10:16 PM)Kendrick Wrote:Why are the yeti mad? Didn't they have Cosborn on their roster?

We aren’t mad. Cosbornballboy was traded to San Jose but retired right after. I was just mad at the fact some people will go out of their way to make us look bad, hurt our team, etc

I’ve had it - Kendrick - 05-31-2018

(05-30-2018, 10:18 PM)Daybe Wrote:We aren’t mad. Cosbornballboy was traded to San Jose but retired right after. I was just mad at the fact some people will go out of their way to make us look bad, hurt our team, etc
Well Cosborn did go out of his way a little bit, seeing as his brother traded him and retired. But meh, I don't think the Yeti are innocent here either.

I’ve had it - tlk742 - 05-31-2018

(05-31-2018, 12:11 AM)Daybe Wrote:I have to agree that it sucks to have a player you just drafted/traded for retire. We’ve had that happen with Ruckus, Sharper, and then a while back the Jackson trade where we were withheld information on Jackson’s intent upon arriving in Colorado.

I agree with most of what you’re saying but I don’t think you should tell us how to run our own team. We’ve built a strong locker room and a band of guys who will stick together. I don’t think the Sandoval trade was intentional, I’ve brought this up but sapp is such a great guy that he wouldn’t let that shit happen on his watch. He values dignity.
so the gripe essentially is with a 3 season old article, which I published in response to two separate articles that were by yeti players complaining about the state of the team?

and got nothing against Sapp. I respect him a lot. we are s2 wr buddies. he knows I got nothing but love for him.

I’ve had it - bovovovo - 05-31-2018

You gotta take things in stride my man. Yeti just went 0-14 two years in a row and there was a time where their GM was inactive, obviously it’s really easy to meme on them (like the “lol Browns” stuff). Nobody from what I can tell seriously rags on you guys in a genuinely negative way that’s outside the boundaries of good natured competitive trash talk but maybe that’s just my perspective... idk. To me some good natured trash talk is good and fun, I don’t think 90% of it is with the intent to bring people down

Edit to say that anyone paying attention can see Yeti are on a good track going forward so speaking from someone whose team is also going through a rebuild just know that some people’s opinions don’t really matter ya know?

I’ve had it - Ben - 05-31-2018

I think you are forgetting a lot of the shit that the Legion took when we were the bottom feeders of the league and yes that included from Colorado.
When the Yeti started their dive we (the Legion) started getting back at the same guys who had given us shit, which started a rivalry which is still there today. So even though most of your team weren't around for that and might be "class acts" we are probably still gunna make jabs. It's all in good fun though.

That's in regards to NOLA, I obviously can't speak for the rest of the league but trust me when you're in the position you're in you just gotta take it and put the systems in place to fix your situation. Take it from someone who copped all the "Lol Legion" digs from S2-S6.

I’ve had it - Ben - 05-31-2018

(05-31-2018, 05:22 PM)bovovovo Wrote:You gotta take things in stride my man. Yeti just went 0-14 two years in a row and there was a time where their GM was inactive, obviously it’s really easy to meme on them (like the “lol Browns” stuff). Nobody from what I can tell seriously rags on you guys in a genuinely negative way that’s outside the boundaries of good natured competitive trash talk but maybe that’s just my perspective... idk. To me some good natured trash talk is good and fun, I don’t think 90% of it is with the intent to bring people down

Wow bovo and I basically just said the same thing omg did we just become best friends?