International Simulation Football League
*Season 7 Player Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Season 7 Player Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=9101)

*Season 7 Player Rankings - Bzerkap - 06-11-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]The Complete Player Rankings of NSFL Season 7[/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Rankings, 10 – 6 [/div]

5. Boss, M. - QB - OCO ----- 15.7004403268217
What is there to say about Mike Boss that hasn’t already been said. The Multiple time MVP winner, QB of the year award winner, Perennial Pro Bowler and three time Ultimus Champion easily has a case to be made for the best player in the history of the NSFL. Boss was incredible as always in S7 and though he didn’t get a vote for QB of the year he was the most efficient passer by Approximate Value. In S7 Boss lead the league in Passing Yards with over 5000, led the league in Touchdowns with 40, finished second in the league in passer rating, and was second in the league in TD to INT ratio. Heading in to S8 Boss is now regressing, but still looks dominant. The question is how long will the legend hold on. Looks like young Gun Slinger Gus T. T. Showbiz is hot on his tail to eventually take over. If Showbiz is ready and Boss doesn’t want to retire does he leave Orange County?

4. Clegane, G. - DT - OCO ----- 16.4968671779828
The monstrous converted offensive lineman Gregor “the mountain” Clegane, was dominant in S7 putting up his best season as a defensive tackle. Clegane was a huge part of the best defense in football and was a monster pass rusher. (You’ll note that the Otters Defense was so good with how many players of their team rank high on this list, no one was close). Clegane dominated the interior pass rush and his 19 sacks led all defensive linemen. In fact it was the most sacks by a defensive lineman in history since Offensive Line bots were introduced. Clegane is a crucial part of this still dominant Orange County defense, and it will certainly be interesting to see how he does in the twilight of his career.

3. Winchester, A. - LB - OCO ----- 16.735769980103
When I first saw this list, and saw that Angus Winchester was not the highest ranked linebacker on the Orange County Otters I was honestly shocked. The dude does it all for the team, but he has really settled in as the best pass rusher in the NSFL. Winchester had 87 tackles but that was not what brought him value. He set the record for the most sacks by a linebacker in NSFL history, getting to the quarterback an incredible 23 times. That level of pass rushing is very impressive, and his 23 sacks lead the league. Winchester wasn’t a one trick pony though. He was a very good coverage linebacker knocking down 14 passes for the Otters. Winchester is a clear first ballot hall of famer; he is the defensive player you think of when you think of this Orange County Otter Dynasty. Winchester was the best offensive lineman in the league. He is the best linebacker in the league. Angus’ career, no matter how you look at it, is one that is worthy of the hall of the fame, and I speculate not many will disagree with me. He’s entered his first season of regression, but hardly missed a beat. With Winchester’s work ethic, he’ll be a dominant player in the NSFL for another couple seasons if he wants to be. Regardless our number 3 player on the list truly deserves a spot in this top 5.

2. Enchant, E. - LB - OCO ----- 17.6788073568932
In what is sure to be the most shocking ranking in the top 100 the most valuable defender by Approximate Value, and number 2 player in the NSFL is Elvin Enchant? Obviously talent wise- Elvin is barely a top 100 player. He is propped up by playing in a defense with Clegane, Winchester and Bavitz, as well as the fact that the OCO offense is so good, their opponents are always in a crap field position. Enchant had a great statistical season, for the best defense in the league and that is how he is ranked here. Enchant was a tackling machine, leading the otters in tackles and finishing fifth in the league with 112. Additionally he was a skilled pass rusher from the MLB position getting 7 sacks, and tackling two runners behind the line of scrimmage. Enchant also was a turnover machine as far as linebackers go. He forced two fumbles, recovered two more, and intercepted two passes. This is to go with 6 passes defended. No one is arguing Enchant is the second best player in the NSFL, but he was put in the perfect situation to succeed by the Orange County Coaching Staff.

1. Akselsen, M. - QB - YKW ----- 21.9439002328946
The S7 most valuable player, quarterback of the year, most outstanding player, offensive player of the year and pro bowler, Mat Akselsen ranks number 1 on our list of approximate value. Aks has long been considered a bit of an enigma since switching to quarterback, but he broke out truly in S7. Akselsen was dominant as both a runner and a passer. His approximate value is so high that the distance between Akselsen and number 2 on our list is greater than the difference between number 2 and number 19. Akselsen was the second most efficient passer by the metric, leading the league in completion percentage and yards per attempt. His only flaw passing the ball was interceptions where he finished tied for second in the league with 16. Akselsen threw for over 4,000 yards, had a completion percentage of over 60% and threw for 21 touchdowns. But where Akselsen really separated himself from the pack is by his legs. Akselsen was a record setting in S7, running for 959 yards (good for 6th in the league), and a league leading 16 rushing touchdowns. Those 16 touchdowns set the record for most rushing touchdowns in a season in the NSFL. Additionally Aks had an outstanding 6.9 yards per carry. This former offensive lineman had everyone re-thinking what the quarterback position could be.

One interesting note as we wrap up this list with Aks, Winchester, Clegane and Blocksdale 4 of the top 6 of this list were former offensive lineman, showing how dominant the top end of that position was before it switched and was eliminated. With Sierra and Sharpei also in the top 20 former offensive linemen are dominant in many positions in the NSFL.

Sunday June 3rd – Complete Player Rankings & all players up to 101
Monday June 4th – Rankings 100 – 76
Tuesday June 5th – Rankings 75 – 51
Wednesday June 6th – Rankings 50 – 41
Thursday June 7th – Rankings 40 – 31
Friday June 8th – Rankings 30 – 21
Saturday June 9th – Rankings 20 – 11
Sunday June 10th – Rankings 10 – 6
Monday June 11th – Rankings 5 – 1

Code:
1023 words and split 50/50 with iamslm22

*Season 7 Player Rankings - ItsJustBarry - 06-11-2018

(06-11-2018, 08:21 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:[align=center][u][SIZE=14]

[b]1. Akselsen, M. - QB - YKW ----- 21.9439002328946

Designs Top 100 list using metrics where his player is ranked #1. Corfirmed Bzerkap is Noble.

[Image: Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_large.png?v=1513251064]

(06-11-2018, 07:04 AM)ItsJustBarry Wrote:Designs Top 100 list using metrics where his player is ranked #1.  Corfirmed Bzerkap is Noble.

[Image: Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_large.png?v=1513251064]
It’s easy once you think about it

*Season 7 Player Rankings - ItsJustBarry - 06-11-2018

(06-11-2018, 09:11 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:It’s easy once you think about it

Explain it to me. I thought in a prior post that someone said touchdowns didn't factor into the grade so how does this calculation work?

(06-11-2018, 08:03 AM)ItsJustBarry Wrote:Explain it to me.  I thought in a prior post that someone said touchdowns didn't factor into the grade so how does this calculation work?
Yea it doesn't. So disclaimer, I took it word for word like it's laid out in the Pro Football Reference Methodology. This is based on the NFL where there are 32 teams, and productions is much more normalized than our league. So I do want to overhaul this so it makes more sense with our league.

Now, I will only talk about offense, but defense works the same way. What I did was take the average points per drive of each team in the league, so a good team will have above 2 points per drive and a bad team will have below 1.5 points per drive. This is then normalized against the league average to 100. So, an offense with a league average points per drive will be worth 100 points, an above average team will be worth 120 points for example, and a below average team will be worth 80 points for example.

These numbers are then broken up into three categories, based on some math and such. The categories are passers, runners, receivers. So for example a league average team will have, out of the 100, 16 points available for passers, 24 points for runners, 60 points for receivers. These numbers aren't real I just made them up right now.

Anyway you then take all of the passers on the team and look at their stats and divide up those 16 points based off their contributions to the passing game, things like yards, attempts, completions. There is also a bonus/penalty for passers depending how far above/below they are in Yards Per Attempt per the league average.

For runners, this division is based purely on yardage as a fraction of total team rushing yards. So let's say you had an RB that took every single rushing snap, they would get all 24 of those points. There is also a bonus/penalty for yards per carry above or below the league average.

For receivers it works the same way but there isn't a bonus involved.

So with the current methodology, touchdowns aren't factored into the way you evaluate runners/receivers against teammates.

EDIT: Oh I was making a joke about it being easy. The reason I am so high is because I took all of YKW's QB points and a good chunk of their rushing points.