International Simulation Football League
*Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! (/showthread.php?tid=9135)

*Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! - OBESE - 06-13-2018

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: got_momoa.jpg][/div]

There is that saying "We are only humans" and it is referred to the fact that we make mistakes in our lifetime and not only one. Some of them are more serious than others but they are still mistakes that you either learn from or not. Some are easy to be forgotten while other mistakes in your life comes with consequences that might hunt you for rest of your life.

Due to recent events, I, Declan Harp, have decided to publicly address something I did several years ago which was put into a different light that it was intended at the beginning and it was not accepted well in public's eyes. Few years back there was a video published on facebook from the "Britain First" political movement who is british nationalist movement therefore considered racists and almost compared to Nazis of our days. That particular video was quite shocking and showed quite hostile attitude from Muslim people for just being a white person walking through "their" area. The video shocked me, as how can people say such things and behave in such manner when we all are living together, next to each other, in the same area, town, country. So I shared the video in disbelief of what I have seen in the video.

Soon after that the whole hell broke loose and I was almost sided as the organisations supporter, member and message spreader. I have never, ever had nothing to do with this organisation, nor with their beliefs or their actions. I tried to explain myself and give my reasoning for sharing the video, which was the fact that they showed how hostile it can get, but that did not help, rather opposite, it felt like it added even more fuel as all was focused on the fact that it was "Britain First" and it was twisted that now I was defending them, instead of trying to defend myself and my action.
Thankfully it all calmed down after some time and it became past but there always were those people around who remembered.

So you might be wondering why am I telling you all this? As you might know I was drafted into DSFL team - Kansas City Coyotes. So far in the season I believe I have been doing decent job and I know that I have been growing with each and every day and game. So only natural that some of the NSFL teams started to contact me to do some early scouting for the upcoming NSFL draft. As we all know that is a common thing to find out which players you want and which ones would fit in the team perfectly. But unfortunately the first team that contacted me to do some scouting focused too much on the negative side of my past that had nothing to do with them, my skills, my beliefs or the actual persona of mine.

San Jose SaberCats invited me to a private meeting and beforehand put it down as an early scouting as they might be interested in drafting me. Of course I agreed and went to the meeting. I was in good mood, I was honestly hyped as I was about to have my first meeting with a NSFL team GM's. But that did not last long as almost straight away they asked me about the video. I tried to keep my cool and be professional and I said that I am more than happy to answer it. Yet again I gave my reasoning for sharing it but to be honest it did not feel like they were sold. Maybe the fact that I said that I do not regret sharing the video as it was shocking to me and I felt like showing what was showed there to others but who knows. They did apologise that it might have felt like an ambush meeting and they said that they had to talk about that matter to know would I cause any problems in their locker room, but honestly that did stick with me. That was enough for me and with angrily tone I asked - next question? No questions where asked so I just stood up and left. The fact that they focused on that one thing from years back, nothing else, showed me that they are judging me by my mistakes not by how I have grown and changed. Probably my announcement would not change much as probably they got the same wish that I have but still gonna announce.

Due to this here is my announcement: I, Declan Harp, publicly request to not be drafted by San Jose SaberCats!

Now all of this is out there and those GM's that did not know about it or would like to hear more detailed story of what happened are invited to contact me and ask about it. If you have any issues with what I have just said and you, same as San Jose, have thoughts that I might be an issue to your locker room, although I have not done nothing like that again for several years already, do not draft me!

P.S (This is based of true story but only the idea of it has been kept. The actual story is about a different matter.)

*Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! - Bzerkap - 06-14-2018

Well, I know personally, that everyone makes mistakes and says stuff they don't mean or has the things they say taken to mean in a different manner.

So in the interest of fairness, I won't pass judgment until I've spoken about it to you personally. Obviously racism/prejudice is a big issue so the whole thing needs to be approached lightly but seriously. Also, the Wraiths aren't just my team, but everyone who is on the team owns a portion of the team in my eyes, so I will also discuss the issue with them before any decisions are made.

*Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! - 37thchamber - 06-14-2018

(In character response, GET!)

That group are the scum of the Earth and I refuse to even type their name here. Anything to do with them, even open condemnation of them, is simply bringing them further and further into a prominent position in the public consciousness and I condemn it. Your mishap, from where I'm sitting, gave them free publicity, which they no doubt gobbled up like the little media whores they are.

As for you... well, you fucked up. You owned the fuck up. That's fine. Good, even.

However, I think bringing attention to it in this manner, and outright ruling out a specific destination, will not help matters. It only paints you in a negative light. There is little positive to be gleaned here, in my opinion, aside from noting a firm sense of conviction in your actions. There are far more negatives that can be drawn from this.

I'm not an NSFL general manager though, so what do I know?

*Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! - Kendrick - 06-14-2018

You shared a video, big WHOOP. Wasn't done in bad taste from what I read.

*Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! - timeconsumer - 06-14-2018

(06-14-2018, 12:17 AM)OBESE Wrote:That particular video was quite shocking and showed quite hostile attitude from Muslim people for just being a white person walking through "their" area. The video shocked me, as how can people say such things and behave in such manner when we all are living together, next to each other, in the same area, town, country.

Confused by this. So a white nationalist group posted a video about muslims being assholes? And the video of the asshole muslims made you angry?

(06-14-2018, 12:17 AM)OBESE Wrote:I have never, ever had nothing to do with this organisation, nor with their beliefs or their actions

That double-negative

*Declan Harp - Past mistake and announcement! - OBESE - 06-15-2018

(06-14-2018, 11:51 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Confused by this. So a white nationalist group posted a video about muslims being assholes? And the video of the asshole muslims made you angry?
Angry is a wrong word to use for this. It was nothing to do with anger it was more of a shock and surprise of what was said by them. At that time I was not aware of the specific groups reputation and actions and now I do see and understand that some of the stuff might have been said because of who they were and nothing else.

(06-14-2018, 11:51 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:That double-negative
Not following this part. What do you mean?