International Simulation Football League
*My Top DSFL Destinations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *My Top DSFL Destinations (/showthread.php?tid=9304)

*My Top DSFL Destinations - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 06-29-2018

I think we can all agree that the DSFL is a lot of fun, especially for new players. You get to feel like a real superstar in the league right away, the GMs are always super nice and helpful and really, the teams themselves feel like they’re just as well done in terms of the branding as what you get in the NSFL. But, at the same time, it’s easy to see why the DSFL can get ignored considering most players only spend one season there. So, maybe it doesn’t really matter where I’m interested in playing in the DSFL, especially since I’m kind of a big deal already, people know me. But, I need the money and this isn’t too hard to do so here we go.

First I just want to say a couple things. First, I don’t really know many of the DSFL GMs that well so it’s hard for me to judge the teams in that regard. And second, it’s pretty obvious the two best teams in the DSFL are the bot teams. They have great locations, great names, great color schemes, just all around greatness. I mean who wouldn’t want to play for the freaking Solar Bears, what an amazing team! And the seawolves, I really appreciate the history and location that went behind the naming of that team initially. I think the reason these two teams got lockied in as the bot teams is because people wouldn’t want to play anywhere else if they were available. But, I digress, so let’s get down to business.

1) Portland Pythons
POR

Wait, wait, which Portland is this? Ok, good, otherwise I might have had to move this one to the bottom of the list. I gotta say I really like a lot about this team. The color scheme is so fresh and so clean, I really like bold and simple when it comes to uniforms and this is as good as it gets. Not to mention that logo is awesome and pythons is a good mascot. I do have to say though, is there any significance to the python and Portland or is it just for the alliteration? Doesn’t matter, even if it was an arbitrary choice I still like everything about this squad. Is @Daybe still one of the GMs? With how frequently those positions change hands in this league and how infrequently the forum is updated to reflect them who knows? But if so, that’s a major plus.

2) Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

The Half Baked player agency already represents multiple players in teams based in Canadia so why not expand our international reach even more. I appreciate a mascot that actually reflects the city the team is based in and Luchadores is definitely a unique one as well. Plus Tijuana is all about tequila and partying so that’s a big plus as well. And oh yeah, this team just won the championship and the players I represent are all about getting those rings.

3) San Antonio Marshals SA

I don’t know why, but I just don’t feel as connected to this team. Maybe I’m just not a big Texas guy. I will say if I was entering the DSFL a season ago, I would have definitely wanted to be on the Marshals just to play with Fitzpatrick, one of the best young QBs in the league. I’m not going to be upset if I get drafted here of course, I just don’t see myself being as excited intially.

4) Kansas City Coyotes
KCC

Kansas City? Lame. Coyotes? Really? Purple and gold? I definitely don’t look good in purple. Oh and @124715 runs this team. Enough said.

Alright there you have it, how I feel about joining each team. To be honest, where I go isn’t going to affect my performance, I’m still going to work hard wherever I go. But, if I can get a team I like more to bump me up their boards I’m all for it. Having never been through the DSFL before, can’t wait for this draft and the season.

Disclaimer: Before he gets too upset, I do actually like 124715, but I don’t like coyotes. So it's still a wash