International Simulation Football League
Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=9365)

Pages: 1 2

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - fusion247 - 07-02-2018

1,852 Words - NOT DONE YET

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]The DSFL is overlooked by some people, but it is a great place to develop a new user and has been a ton of fun for me in the year that I have spent there so far. I plan to stay down (probably) right now so that I can do even better this season, although I'm going to leave it up to whoever picked me in the draft to make that decision. My player will be maxed out very easily by the time it reaches the start of the season, so I think I would be a great piece of the Marshals defense if I was sent back down. Today though I want to look at the upcoming DSFL draft and the picks that different teams have and where they plan on using them to build their team. The first thing you can see when you look at the draft thread is that Portland has four of the first eight picks, which will help them a bunch in chasing a championship this season. I don't know if they can do it on a roster of first year players because there should be good send down talent this season, but I hope for their sake it works out because they traded a lot to try and win it all. Anyways, moving onto the draft predictions.
[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]KCC Kansas City Coyotes KCC
1st Overall - Kazimir Oles - WR
[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fterrapinstationm...h=560&c=sc]
Position: WR
College: Maryland
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 225lbs
Play Style: Speed Receiver

Kazimir Oles comes in as what I think is the consensus number one draft pick in this DSFL class. His previous player, Tyler Oles, is a franchise quarterback for the Philadelphia Liberty of the NSFL and led them to a championship before announcing his retirement prior to the start of S9, meaning that he will not be eligible to contend next season with the Liberty. His new player, Kazimir, has been a bright star in the draft class so far, already amassing a solid amount of TPE and focusing mostly on his speed, agility, and hands. These three combined will make Oles into an elite threat on short throws for massive gains. You can expect Oles to be fully active and make a name for himself this season, possibly even continuing his luck into the NSFL draft where he would hope to be drafted first overall once again. No matter how you look at this, Oles is the number one prospect in this class.

SA San Antonio Marshals SA
2nd Overall - Ryland Morley - DE
[Image: 6_3060956.jpg]
Position: DE
College: Duke
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 295lbs
Play Style: Balanced

Now their might be some bias here in the idea that this is my brother that we are talking about, but I truly believe this is the best pick for my team if they want to be strong heading into the next season. We have a really strong offense with Fitzpatrick likely returning to the DSFL and offensive weapons such as Brown, Blake Marchand (my old player), and Chipmunk still at our disposal. With the season five players retirements though, we have a lack of a front seven, which means it's upgrade time. One of our big weaknesses last year was a lack of a strong defensive line, so we address that problem and fill the whole that was created by the loss of Weathers with Morley. My brother is building strength and speed so far, which I think is fairly different for defensive ends, who when I've looked at players around the league, they tend to be using the speed rusher build. We will see how it works out, but with his activity of late and his amount of earned TPE already, he is shaping up to be an awesome prospect.

POR Portland Pythons POR
3rd Overall - Achilles Hondo - RB
[Image: 9UueWIU.jpg?1]
Position: RB
College: Fort Valley State
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 250lbs
Play Style: Blocking Back

The Pythons begin their massive amount of picks with this stud, who will replace the whole made by the likely loss of Elijah Lagerfield to the pros. The Pythons found Lagerfield as a diamond in the rough last season, and toned him into a running back superstar, but the problem with that is that they face losing him to call-ups next season. What better way to start the next generation of player then with adding a running back to replace him? Hondo's last player, Micah Hendrix, is a strong line backer for the Yellowknife Wraiths and was a major piece in their championship victory last week. If he can develop another outstanding player not only in terms of production but also on field performance, then Hondo will be one of the best picks in this draft hands down. With running back being a position that is seeing a lot of age hit in the pros, it's only right that the next wave of players are ready to run.

TIJ Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
4th Overall - Adriana Falconi - QB
[Image: 3fUi9qM.jpg?1]
Position: QB
College: Columbia
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180lbs
Play Style: Pocket Passer

The Tijuana Luchadores hold the fourth pick which will close out the first round, and they will almost certainly be attempting to regain pocket passing phenom Adriana Falconi who they selected off of waivers late last season. Falconi has been an awesome player for them in her short time there, and will be hoping to return in order to continue to make a lasting impact. With a very quarterback heavy class, there is a strong likelihood that every team will get an active quarterback, but where it stands right now Falconi is most certainly the one at the top. Her earning so far has been great, and her last player Phillipe Carter was a major part of a number of teams defensive units. If she can continue to earn the way she has and keep up her activity around the forums, this pick could be considered one of the strongest strategic moves in the draft.

POR Portland Pythons POR
5th Overall - Shannon Hobbs - CB
[Image: vQvJmFC.jpg?1]
Position: CB
College: Utah
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185lbs
Play Style: Man to Man

So far this draft there hasn't been a lot of strong defensive prospects, but Hobbs breaks this wide open by being the second defensive player off the board in an offensively loaded class. Hobbs has definitely gone out and made a name for himself this season, making a bunch of media posts and being generally active around the site. His on field contributions are going to stack up quite nicely as he has focused on developing his speed tremendously as well as his agility. No matter where the ball finds its way to on the field, Hobbs has a strong chance of beating it there. While the last player from this user, Erasmo Broadway, wasn't the most active, you can expect that to change with Hobbs who is already proving that sometimes any user can surprise you.

SA San Antonio Marshals SA
6th Overall - D'Pez Poopsie - RB
[Image: 635898531731386791-USATSI-8239285.jpg]
Position: RB
College: Ole Miss
Weight: 235lbs
Play Style: All-Purpose Back

Now I now what you're thinking. "San Antonio already has an elite running back, why would they add another one to the mix?" The answer that I can give to you is... they really don't need anything else, and Poopsie is an active player who could fill the fullback role due to his greater power than Marquise Brown who is purely speed based. Poopsie could also serve as a secondary receiving option which will help a lot since the team likely looses Footballe Catcherman this season to being called up. If they need a player who can take on any role, Poopsie is definitely the way to go because he can impact all areas of the game. I think this pick is most subject to change, because if an active defensive player shows up then they would probably be picked here instead.

POR Portland Pythons POR
7th Overall - Joliet L. Christ - QB
[Image: Chris-Streveler-Winnipeg-quarterback-1529947310.jpeg]
Position: QB
College: South Dakota
Weight: 221lbs
Play Style: Mobile

This pick may come as a surprise to many, but due to the fact that the Portland Pythons don't really have a strong receiving core and that this class doesn't hold very many promising receivers, I find it very likely that the Pythons don't stick with veteran quarterback Cole McCoy and instead move onto bigger and better things with a mobile quarterback, Joliet L. Christ. Mobile quarterbacks haven't worked great in the past, most notably the Marshals Mike Vick, but I feel there is room for one to make a name for themselves in the DSFL. Christ could work perfectly with a run first offense in Portland so long as he plays his chips right and doesn't rush too often. Being able to dance away from pass rush is better than rushing headlong into traffic and fumbling the ball under any circumstance. The biggest red flag in Christ's game right now is that he's so evened out in his build that he doesn't really excel in passing or dancing, so he will need to choose an area to focus on if he wants to find success. If he does so, his play style could be comparable to Kevin Fitzpatrick's.

POR Portland Pythons POR
8th Overall - Lucari Felix - CB
[Image: 0ap3000000454827.jpg]
Position: CB
College: Florida State
Weight: 195lbs
Play Style: Man to Man

After picking up some new weapons to retool their offense, the Pythons are going to take a risk by selecting Lucari Felix, who has not been reliable with his past players and was a low TPE earner on his most recent in Stone Hans. If Felix stays active though, this pick could be an absolute steal because it would massively help out the Pythons defensive back group which already has Alexandre Thibault who could be down for another season plus more inactive filler players. If he could walk in and be a functioning part of this unit off the bat, and then keep up in TPE all season, Felix would play an absolutely vital role in the success of the Pythons. The biggest question mark is just going to be reliability, and with other active players available at RB and QB still at this point, it's a fairly big question mark. I personally think that Felix has everything it takes to be an amazing DSFL and eventually NSFL player and that it will just take time.

[/div]

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - iamslm22 - 07-02-2018

This is an amazing article. Really great analysis, and a good read. :dsfl:

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - datboi - 07-02-2018

I'm sorry but I believe you made a typo for the number one pick. You kind of misspelled Taylor Peterson. Just thought I should let you know of this completely amateur mistake.

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - Oles - 07-02-2018

(07-02-2018, 04:30 PM)datboi Wrote:I'm sorry but I believe you made a typo for the number one pick. You kind of misspelled Taylor Peterson. Just thought I should let you know of this completely amateur mistake.

I don't see any mistakes here

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - fusion247 - 07-02-2018

(07-02-2018, 02:30 PM)datboi Wrote:I'm sorry but I believe you made a typo for the number one pick. You kind of misspelled Taylor Peterson. Just thought I should let you know of this completely amateur mistake.

Sorry who are you?

Just kidding Wink

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 07-02-2018

Nice job with this! I'm not sure if a team that needs a starting running back would be going to Hondo as the answer, I feel like Poopsie is probably the top RB in the class, but he'll be a solid player

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - RYLAND - 07-02-2018

Pshhh I'm going first obviously :eyes:

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - Muford - 07-02-2018

(07-02-2018, 02:35 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:Nice job with this! I'm not sure if a team that needs a starting running back would be going to Hondo as the answer, I feel like Poopsie is probably the top RB in the class, but he'll be a solid player

??

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - evryday - 07-02-2018

I don't expect to go that high but I appreciate the kind words.

Marchand's S9 DSFL Mock Draft - Official DT - 07-02-2018

Thanks man