International Simulation Football League
*Who is Adam Krossman? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Who is Adam Krossman? (/showthread.php?tid=9474)

*Who is Adam Krossman? - Adam Krossman - 07-08-2018

The User
Hello my name is Adam and I'm the user behind the newly created running back prospect Adam Krossman. I'm excited to try out a new experience like this, and just from player creation I can tell it's going to be really cool. I've played a lot of fantasy football and Madden (my wife can attest to this) and most of my weekend nights are spent sitting at either the computer or TV watching football or darts the rest of the year. Border Patrol is also a pretty fun show to watch. I'm not sure if I will be in the upcoming draft since I see that it is tomorrow, but if I am I only request that I make it onto the same team as my wife seeing as we are trying to go through this together. If this can't be accommodated than that's still cool, and I'm willing to play anywhere.

If we delve deeper into the life of me, you'll find that I'm generally pretty boring. I play beer league in something called the adult safe hockey league which is just non-contact for anyone who doesn't know. I've started to realize I'm getting older because I'm gaining an interest in golf which other than the idea of graying/losing hair is the most troubling part of aging for me. I played football way back in high school but never was good enough to go anywhere with it, still had quite a bit of fun playing though. I mostly played running back (which is where my interest in playing the position came from) but I also played a little bit of receiver from time to time. I started playing rec softball recently, which has been a whole jam of a new experience. I'm super pumped to be joining this community and developing Krossman into an all-star running back.

The Player
Adam Krossman was born in Plentywood which is located roughly fifteen miles south of the Canadian border in Montana. Krossman always had a large interest in football and basketball growing up, and his size at six foot helped him be a decent player both on the field and the court. As high school continued though, it became more and more obvious that Krossman's true passion was going to be running in touchdowns some day. Krossman had an incredible high school career, setting a state record for rushing yard in his junior year and then breaking his own record the following season while adding a rushing touchdowns record. He was selected to All-State in both his junior and senior years and was an All-American running back in his senior season.

Krossman's career continued into the NCAA system on a full ride scholarship where he joined Michigan State on their rise to the national championship. In his freshman year Krossman was slotted in behind two elite junior year running backs but still practiced with the team before finally getting a break in the last two games of the season where he took home his first college touchdown. As he entered his sophomore year and made the team once again, he came across information on one of his fellow running backs that they had been using blooding doping for three years and that the team's management had been protecting them from being caught by replacing NCAA drug test samples. Around this time, a large amount of controversy was stirring around the school about sophomore tight end and female prospect Emily Rudd having been cut from the team two season in a row despite displaying obviously enough skill to succeed. Krossman continued to listen in and purposefully started a conversation about the topic as Rudd walked by because he new that in her nature she would tell management and that hopefully it would open a roster hole for himself over the two now senior stars.

The case ended up going through, but the Michigan State team and every player on it that was not caught cheating NCAA tests was given a season ban from the entire NCAA league play. Krossman used this season to hone his skills, and prepared for his junior year which would be his true rookie season. As training camp came around, the new head coach of the team introduced Krossman to a new playing style of being a receiving threat from the backfield. Utilizing this, Krossman went on to set a Michigan State all-purpose yards record at running back, while also setting a receiving touchdowns record for the team despite being a running back. This success continued into his senior year where he once again was a huge aid to the receiving game and set a state record for all-purpose yards. Following this Krossman looked to the future, and immediately his eyes were drawn to the National Simulation Football League. While the league was not as highly touted as other pro routes such as the NFL or the CFL, many high talent players were playing in it and the interest from young athletes was only growing as the season went by. It was obvious that it was the correct path for Krossman to follow.

In preparation for the upcoming DSFL draft, Krossman has been working on exercising his speed and agility which will make him into a dominant runner on the field while still leaving room to develop his hands and continue to be a duel threat. One concern that NSFL scouts have had with the young stars game is that his strength and blocking are very low and will not allow him to serve as a power back in any regard, so he will be limited to a role of more finesse than fury. This shouldn't be a large issue though, as you don't often see running backs come along with the idea of catching balls being at the top of their priority list. While these issues are minor, they will need to be worked out before Krossman can truly play his top game.

*Who is Adam Krossman? - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 07-08-2018

Welcome to the league. This RB class is getting packed

*Who is Adam Krossman? - manicmav36 - 07-08-2018

Welcome to the league! Always great to see another RB.

*Who is Adam Krossman? - Ramero - 07-09-2018

Welcome to the league, great first article!