International Simulation Football League
*Logan Noble Record Watch - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Logan Noble Record Watch (/showthread.php?tid=9615)

*Logan Noble Record Watch - kckolbe - 07-15-2018

Now that preseason is over, I thought it might be fun to look at Tank Commander Logan Noble’s preseason performance a bit more in-depth, and see just how he measures up against the absolute worst. I’ve given some updates about how he might be worse than Pierno, but for this article, I am going to go even further. I am not just going to compare him to the worst overall QB, but to the worst QB in every category. I will make a bold claim and say I am confident Noble breaks at least one record this year, and likely more than that. Here they all are.

Touchdowns, TD %, Yards and Yards Per Attempt
Noble does have a solid receiver in Carter Bush, something all the other record-holders lacked, so he is nowhere close to setting the worst marks in these categories.

Interceptions
Noble has thrown 16 interceptions in just four games. At this rate, he would accumulate 56 interceptions over a 14 game season. That would obliterate the current record of 35 in S3 set by Nicolas Pierno. Now, 7 of Noble’s interceptions came in one fluky game. However, if we remove it entirely, his remaining 3 interception per game pace would *still* beat the record with 7 to spare, so this one I am calling as a certainty.

TD:INT Ratio
Expecting to see Pierno again? Well, Pierno (with 0.2286) actually isn’t the worst. Brad Pennington finished S8 with a 0.2258, but someone else holds the record. Yeti QB Ryan Applehort threw 4 TDs against 21 INTs in his rookie season, for a mark of .1904. Guess what, though? Noble is worse. With just 3 TDs against 16 interceptions, Noble comes in just under at .1875.

TD:TO Ratio
Applehort was very lucky in avoiding fumbles (and it was luck, as he had 15 hands), and also had 2 rushing touchdowns as well, raising his total TD:TO ratio to 0.2791, a significant improvement. Pierno, the mobile QB, had 0 rushing TDs and 3 fumbles, dropping him slightly to .2192. Unfortunately, it’s Brad Pennington who takes the cake here, with 7 total TDs (all passing) against 31 INTs and 2 fumbles, for a mark of 0.2188. This one kind of delighted me, because Pennington was considerably better than Pierno and Applehort in every other way. As for Noble, he had 0 fumbles and 0 rushing TDs, so he is still at 0.1875, last with some room to spare.

Attempts per Interception
Returning to normality, Nicolas Pierno holds the record here, as his 35 interceptions came on 372 attempts, for 10.63 attempts per interception. While this one is much closer than interception volume, Noble would take this one as well, as he averaged only 10.56 attempts per interception.

Turnovers per Play
Once again, Pierno holds the record here, though I was actually hoping it would be much closer. After all, Pierno had quite a few rushing plays, though nowhere near as many as he should have. It’s worth noting that Pierno was more than TWICE as efficient running the ball as he was throwing it. Despite that, only 8.3% of his plays were designed runs. Accounting for all plays, Pierno turned the ball over ever 12.82 plays. Once again, it is close, and once again, Noble is barely worse, with one turnover every 12.69 plays. And while one game with 7 INTs may unfairly skew that, Noble actually got lucky in one way during preseason, as he had 0 fumbles.

Sacks Taken
Okay, this one CAN’T be Pierno, right? He had low attempts and was a mobile QB. Well, you’re right. Some of you older folks might be thinking Bercovici or Rove, but they don’t take the cake either. Once again, Ryan Applehort set the bar, with 96 sacks taken (an average of 6.86 per game). Noble, with 29 sacks in 4 games, is on pace to break that record, however, with 101.5.

Sack Percentage
Sacks, like most volume stats, are pretty unreliable. After all, how often a QB is dropping back greatly affects it. However, Applehort once again holds this one, with 16.6% of his drop backs resulting in a sack. A close 2nd place goes to Bercovici in Season Three, who got sacked on 15.6% of his dropbacks as a third year QB. Noble actually has some room to breath, here, as his sacks are most certainly due to volume, being sacked on only 14.6% of passing plays.

Yards Lost to Sacks
Unsurprisingly, Applehort holds this one with 642 yards lost. Surprisingly, despite Noble being on pace to be sacked more often, he is also only on pace for 637 lost yards, which is vaguely interesting.

Completion Percentage
Once again, Pierno isn’t the worst, with 48.66% of all passes completed. Bercovici made a decent attempt, with 48.09% (in Season Two), but once again, Ryan Applehort takes the cake here, completing only 47.93%. Noble seems unlikely to really challenge this, but he had one good game against SJS that inflated his numbers significantly, yet still finished at 49.10%

TANY/A
The big bottom line that I put a shit ton of value in. After all of the horrible marks Noble is on pace to break from the worst examples of play in the history of the league, you are probably curious to see if Noble will objectively be the worst QB of all time. I am pretty sure these will surprise you.
Here are all the QBs mentioned in this article and where they fell.
Clifford Rove: 3.60
Josh Bercovici: 2.32 (S2), 3.36 (S3)
Brad Pennington: 2.09
Ryan Applehort: 1.49
Nicolas Pierno: 0.95
Logan Noble: 1.99

Yeah, despite getting sacked at record rates, and missing his receivers far more often than not, and finding defenders with them a hell of a lot more often, Noble will not have the worst average yards per play. The reason for that is Carter Bush. This guys frequently breaks off for huge gains, and averaged 16.6 yards per reception (and 79 yards/game, btw). To put that in perspective, that’s 1.5 YPC more than Hendrix in S3, 3.5 YPC over Howard Miller in S7, and 3.0 over Mayron Jackson in SJS (who was also pretty damn good). Noble is the worst QB in league history, but he won’t have the worst bottom line.

*Logan Noble Record Watch - manicmav36 - 07-15-2018

It'll be interesting to see how QB's finish out the season. I will say that Noble does have a massive handicap this season you didn't mention, and that's not facing his own team. Defensively, the Liberty look rough, averaging over 43 points against a game in the pre-season.

Rookie Kevin Fitzpatrick is probably the best example. He finished the pre-season with a 5:6 TD to INT ratio, which is fantastic for a rookie QB in the NSFL. Take away the Liberty game though and he finishes with a 1:6 TD to INT ratio.

*Logan Noble Record Watch - kckolbe - 07-15-2018

(07-15-2018, 09:30 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:It'll be interesting to see how QB's finish out the season. I will say that Noble does have a massive handicap this season you didn't mention, and that's not facing his own team. Defensively, the Liberty look rough, averaging over 43 points against a game in the pre-season.

Rookie Kevin Fitzpatrick is probably the best example. He finished the pre-season with a 5:6 TD to INT ratio, which is fantastic for a rookie QB in the NSFL. Take away the Liberty game though and he finishes with a 1:6 TD to INT ratio.

You are completely right that Fitz looked better than he was, but some of that was having a 60 speed bot start over 93 speed Alex Hayden for Philly. Their D isn't quite as bad as it looked.

*Logan Noble Record Watch - bovovovo - 07-15-2018

This is an awesome article. Good stuff. Will be an interesting way to end his career, that's for sure

*Logan Noble Record Watch - YoungTB - 07-15-2018

The simple and short answer is because I'm a fifteen year old BOY who's too popular in his city. I've put myself up on a pedestal due to my popularity in Saskatoon and so I carry it wherever I go. I'm the guy who I told myself I would never be and I hate it, so I'm trying to change it. I admit my wrongs, I attempt to correct my mistakes, and I'm listening to opinions while keeping myself open to critics. Honestly, the egotistical part just comes from, well, my inflated ego due to being at the top here, and being at the top in Saskatoon. Instagram creates a platform of instant gratification for me, and so it's hyper ego inflation at it's finest.

*Logan Noble Record Watch - Preza - 07-15-2018

Fun twist on a record watch!

*Logan Noble Record Watch - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 07-15-2018

(07-15-2018, 03:17 PM)YoungTB Wrote:The simple and short answer is because I'm a fifteen year old BOY who's too popular in his city. I've put myself up on a pedestal due to my popularity in Saskatoon and so I carry it wherever I go. I'm the guy who I told myself I would never be and I hate it, so I'm trying to change it. I admit my wrongs, I attempt to correct my mistakes, and I'm listening to opinions while keeping myself open to critics. Honestly, the egotistical part just comes from, well, my inflated ego due to being at the top here, and being at the top in Saskatoon. Instagram creates a platform of instant gratification for me, and so it's hyper ego inflation at it's finest.

Peak NSFL copypasta