International Simulation Football League
(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S9) - PT 2 - Expectations (/showthread.php?tid=9628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Oles - 07-16-2018

Requirements

Written: Must include 200 words. With the season starting most players and teams have some expectations for the season. Whether it's winning the league's championship, being the best player they can be, or the opposite and going full tank mode for the future to be better. Write about your expectations for your team/player.

Graphic: Create a graphic showing what you expect. Include at least one render/logo (depending on whether you do team or player), what you expect, and 1 statistic showing why. (For example, you could have Hawks logo, Ultimus logo, and a player that will make an impact)

Full Payout=3 TPE

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Note: As per the announcement you can now link a PT from PBE and get credit for completing the week's PT. You must link your PT from PBE in order to receive credit for this, if you don't link anything and message me 2 days tpe posting asking why you didn't get any tpe you will be not be allowed to make it up.

Note #2: For this week since they are on Championship week, the PT linking is a little different. You can link your Championship Week post here and get credit for this week's PT. You can also link the PT you've done here for this week to your Championship Week post over there and it counts for one part of it.

Deadline
Saturday, July 21st, 11:59 PM PST

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Oles - 07-16-2018

My expectation is to use a stellar DSFL season to secure being the number 1 pick in the S10 NSFL draft. Kazimir Oles has a lot of upside and has already been noticed by DSFL and NSFL alike, with contact from DSFL gms early and NSFL GMs already making the call, it seems like Oles is a high profile pick due to his football ties already. Tyler Oles was a top tier player in the league for his career, and many, include Kazimir himself, expect the same from the new Oles on the block. While his brother came up as a CB prospect, looking to be the league’s top defensive player, Kazimir has different goals, such as surpassing Westfield and becoming the top WR in the NSFL. This will be a tall task, but Kazimir has all of the tools to succeed and make it big in the NSFL, and many NSFL members have already taken note of Oles in the DSFL, expecting the newest Oles to become the next one to have his number retired. Kazimir Oles is looking to be the best WR ever, and that starts in the DSFL, with an extremely high ceiling there’s no telling what the DSFL’s first overall pick this past season will do, but it looks like whatever he does will be great.

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Toasty - 07-16-2018

Mason Brown of the Orange County Otters has set some very big expectations after winning Defensive Player of the Year and then changing his name to the only Good Otters Linebacker on the Otters Discord and then to top it off he challenged his mentor, idle, and fellow team mate Angus Winchester to a stat bet, where at the end of the season the winner for each category wins the pot put on that stat. And to put more icing on the cake Mason Brown has reportedly been heard saying that he is going to win Defensive Player of the Year. He also has said that he will make sure Mike Boss goes out with another Ultimus Trophy. But there are trade rumors because Masons agent, Fire-Bred, might be going to the Yellowknife Wraiths which would force Mason to become a wraith and join a very full defense which may spark a position switch from Mason to something that might help the Wraiths a little more such as Wide receiver, running back or Defensive End. Maybe even corner or safety, but right now Mason wants to focus on getting the Otters to the Ultimus and anything below that will be an otter disappointment... See what I did there? (209)

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - majesiu - 07-16-2018

PBE Affiliation PT - CW
[Image: ibYjwFm.png]

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - iseedoug - 07-16-2018

The Luchadores go into this season off of the franchises first Ultmini win with big expectations. Those expectations: win it all again. Going into the S9 DSFL draft the team wanted to keep the locker room environment consistent and add some big name rookie talents. Most notable is the stacked Luchadores backfield made up of old and new faces: Adams, Flores, Hondo, Falconi, and Matexas. Or as some are already calling it: “Los 25 Millones de Dólares Backfield,” a play on the MIllion Dollar Backfield of the 1950’s San Francisco 49ers NFL Franchise. In addition, championship winning defensive secondary players are being paired up with rookie stars: vets Thad and Daquan with rookies Xandra and Oats. Both sides of the ball looking better than last year's championship roster.

These expectations are not just coming from inside the locker room and GM offices, but from the outside, as many talented Luchadore players have been sent down to play another year on the team. However, these expectations do not come without a challenge. All 6 DSFL teams seem to be leaps and bounds better than even last season, making it potentially one of the most competitive seasons in DSFL and NSFL history.

Words: 200 on the nose

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - BWIII - 07-16-2018

As we're getting ready for the opening of the season there's definitely a lot of people that think that we're in full tank mode, which from the outside looking in we definitely are. We have the legend that is Logan Noble as our starting quarterback and Darlane Farlane as our starting running back. For me though, I'd say we're on a much different path than full on tank mode. Given the state of the NSFL currently with quarterbacks like Chad Pennington and Kyle Fitzpatrick under center for their respective teams, there's realistically 4 games that we could be really competitive in and actually have a chance at winning. Also to go along with that we have a receiving corps that includes Carter Bush, Josh Garden, and Fox North, which if somehow the planets and stars all align and Noble doesn't throw 7 interceptions in a game that they could actually create a bit of discomfort for opposing defensive backfields. The downside to this though is that we definitely do want to have one of the top picks going into the next draft in order to help our rebuilding efforts, but don't think that we're going to go out there and just lay down to die.

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Leafs4ever - 07-16-2018

Expectations can be a dangerous thing sometimes, but it's natural for people to put them on themselves. I'm no different. I've got a couple of expectations that I want to meet this year, both individually and as a team.

First, as a team, I am expecting us, the Luchadores, to repeat as Ultimini Champions. We have a solid group of veterans returning, including Pennington and Spaghetti on defense, and Adams and myself on offense. To support these returnees, we had a fantastic draft. We're bringing in some fresh faces who should make an immediate impact in the lineup. We've got the players to make a run again this year and I know everyone in the locker room wants to be repeat champions.

As for myself, I have big goals to achieve in the DSFL. After getting drafted first overall, I feel like I need to be the best player in the DSFL this season. I want to lead the league in receiving yards and touchdowns. I tied for the lead last year in touchdowns, but barely missed out on the yards lead. Being a first overall pick carries expectations with it and I need to keep working to meet and exceed those. I want to be the go to player for Tijuana and help lead them to back to back Championships.

(221 words)

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - daBenchwarmer - 07-16-2018

It can be said without a doubt that Andreas Metaxas has some hefty expectations coming into his first full season in the DSFL. The 20, soon to be 21, year old had a brief taste of DSFL action last season where he was a supporting piece for the Ultimini-winning Tijuana Luchadores. Now, with an entire off season to practice and to tune his training to the DSFL-quality, Metaxas is coming back with an expectation to make a bigger impact and to improve heavily on his woefully mediocre numbers from last season. Whether if it is throwing more than one touchdown or increasing his completion percentage dramatically, there are plenty of areas that Metaxas has to improve on if he is to become a starting NSFL quarterback in the future.

Another expectation for Metaxas is to be competition for Luchadores quarterbacks Adriana Falconi and Sam Penner, both of whom are very comparable to Metaxas' current skill. Whether or not if Metaxas wins the starting QB spot is not an expectation as Metaxas' skill right now is still adjusting from college-level football to DSFL-level. However, one skill that has carried over and should be Metaxas' strength this season is his mobility over other quarterbacks. Due to this, it's a fair expectation that Metaxas should lead all quarterbacks in rushing, assuming he plays a moderate amount of games.

---225 words

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Trautner - 07-16-2018

Danny Grithead expects to have a major impact on the Kansas City Coyotes offense this season. After a really heartbreaking loss in the Ultimini last season, the Coyotes added some major weapons in WR Kazmir Oles and, of course, Grithead. The team also returns speedy WR Vinny Valentine, star QB Gus Showbiz, and stud LB Kolby Deringer. With Deringer leading the defense, and Showbiz running the offense, the Coyotes expect to be top tier contenders to return to the Ultimini this season. Another notable returning player is RB LaMarcus Strike, who got drafted but should return to the Coyotes for some extra reps this season. Grithead has done well in the preseason splitting carries with Strike, as both players have been very efficient and effective by staying fresh and shredding defenses one after the other. As Grithead continues to work hard in the gym and learn the playbook, he hopes to earn some more playing time. As it stands, Grithead hopes to have an Alvin Kamara-like impact on the Coyotes by playing extremely effectively in limited snaps. In the preseason, Grithead had 0 catches, but his reliable hands out of the backfield could add another option for Showbiz on checkdowns to escape defensive pressure. Grithead hopes to win the Ultimini in his first year as the Coyotes offense puts on a show.

Code:
222 words

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - RicoTheRB - 07-16-2018

Ricky Flores has high expectations for himself and for his team.
Ricky Flores is expected to play a good role in the 3 back system in Tijuana. Ricky Flores was ecstatic about being drafted to the Luchadores because of there playoff and championship experience they have. So for this season he expects to help his team go to the playoffs and hopefully bring the Tijuana Luchadores to a championship. For the season stats Ricky Flores expects to have a big impact in the rushing yards in the DSFL to give him some recognition from NSFL and DSFL. His rushing yards goal is over or equal to 1,000 rushing yards. He also has a touchdown goal for the season. His touchdown goal is over or equal to 8 touchdowns in the season. Ricky Flores also expects that Achilles Hondo and Ricky Adams will have a great season and they will make the offence the best running offence in the league. Also Ricky Flores thinks QB Falconie will make the passing game for Tijuana better. Ricky Flores expects that QB Falconie will have a lot of passing touchdowns and a lot of passing yards as well. Ricky Flores finally has high expectations for all the new players including himself, Hondo, and Falconie. He expects that all the young and new guys will have a big impact on and off the field. Ricky Flores thinks this team has what it takes to win the championship this season.

232 words