International Simulation Football League
*Week 5 Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Week 5 Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=9700)

*Week 5 Power Rankings - tlk742 - 07-24-2018

We’re onto week 5, which means, the Deltas return.
Within the Index, Second Line is ranked #1.

Power rankings indicate that if two teams face off with all things neutral, the higher team should win, does that happen? It’s why we play the game.

1. : NOLA New Orleans (5-0) Δ0
A thrashing of the Outlaws at home isn’t really a noticeable thing. Borkman put on a clinic as he racked up a 124.1 passer rating and the defense gave Fitzpatrick as many interceptions as Borkman threw touchdowns. They head to the trappiest of games in San Jose, where an upset here could change things.

2. BALBaltimore Hawks (4-1) Δ0
Again, beating up a weaker team at their house isn’t really noteworthy. One thing to consider, the Hawks have the second best points defense and the third best yards defense. Taylor returned to form against San Jose putting up 3 rushing touchdowns and a 4.5 YPC.

3. COL Colorado Yeti (3-2) Δ+2
Here’s the result they wanted. Applehort finally seems to have gotten it down, throwing for 383 yards and 2 touchdowns all while the defense held Logan Noble and Darlane Farlane to a field goal. Damien Kroetch took four touchdowns on the ground. They still have yet to break 100 points score and get back to the positive differential, but things are looking up for the Yeti.

4. OCO Orange County Otters (3-2) Δ-1
Can we talk about how great of a season the Orange County Otters are having? Yes a loss to the Wraiths is not great as both teams are fighting regression. Mike Boss is still having a great season, Carlito Crush is leading the league is yards and Westerfield is still a monster leading the league in touchdowns. I do not see this team slowing down, and they are a threat at home and on the road.

5. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths (2-3) Δ+2
A win at home against Orange County might be the jumpstart that the defending champions needed to turn this season around. The defense sits third in points allowed, which means if the offense can get going again, this team may end up making a late season push. But to that they have to show up and win in Colorado next week.

6. ARI Arizona Outlaws (1-4) Δ-1
The Outlaws fans have been quick about pointing to stat x, or stat y to prove that player a or b is above the curve. Reg Mackworthy, I will give them. I’m not sure about anyone else. Fun fact, Mack is the only lead running back to not a score a touchdown thus far this season. My favorites are the ones who tell me Fitzpatrick is better than average compared to rookies. Sure, he’s got a good passer rating above Akselsen and Noble. But I don’t think anyone considers Noble a good peer. But whatever helps them sleep at night. They have the lowest touchdown % of any team in the league.

7. PHI Philadelphia Liberty (2-3) Δ-2
I think they finally are returning to the earth we all knew they would be. Logan Noble is looking more like Nate Pierno with each moment. Darlane Farlane is playing a respectable on the ground, but I don’t think stealing from the Outlaws “Reg Mackworthy should run always and forever” playbook is going to get the team wins. No team has allowed more points than Philadelphia.

8. SJS San Jose SaberCats (0-5) Δ0
I’ve had the pleasure to know Denzel Diaz over the years, man is a rambunctious individual. Fights when he can he is also fiercely loyal to a team. Man is rushing a medicore 3.5 YPC but has put up respectable yards and the offense in San Jose can open up for Pennington, Weston and Riddick. Riddick is having a decent rookie season, but Weston is not showing signs of slowing down. Having the second highest yards in the season, the wide receiver is on pace to end this season top 5 in career yards received and maintain his kickoff return number one spot. The Cats are looking towards this draft more than this season when a bunch of players get called up from the DSFL and Ben Horne has more help than just Harrison.

Code:
710 words

*Week 5 Power Rankings - iamslm22 - 07-24-2018

Anyone wanna bet that the Yeti will be better than the Wraiths by the end of the season? Wraiths have been unlucky - they're way better than Colorado.

*Week 5 Power Rankings - timeconsumer - 07-24-2018

I'd put Otters at 3, but whatever

*Week 5 Power Rankings - bovovovo - 07-24-2018

(07-24-2018, 08:25 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:I'd put Otters at 3, but whatever

Same but then there would be a disappointing lack of hot takes in this

*Week 5 Power Rankings - Molarpistols - 07-24-2018

(07-24-2018, 08:25 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:I'd put Otters at 3, but whatever

Same. Yeti have beat the three bottom teams for their 3 wins. We gave the #2 team their first and only loss so far as one of ours.

*Week 5 Power Rankings - tlk742 - 07-24-2018

(07-24-2018, 08:33 AM)bovovovo Wrote:Same but then there would be a disappointing lack of hot takes in this

*Week 5 Power Rankings - kckolbe - 07-24-2018

Look at SJS and Pennington last year, or COL and Applehort the year before. Fitz and the Outlaws are doing much better. Just you wait.

But yeah, Noble is the only QB I expect to finish ahead of, and he is actually doing much better than expected.