International Simulation Football League
*Week 13 Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Week 13 Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=9814)

*Week 13 Power Rankings - tlk742 - 08-07-2018

I have to be more consistent with these…
Within the Index, Second Line is ranked #1.

Power rankings indicate that if two teams face off with all things neutral, the higher team should win, does that happen? It’s why we play the game.

1. : NOLA New Orleans (11-2) ?0
Let’s be real this is the going to be the game of the week, Hawks at Second Line. There’s so many stories here. First, you got the battle for homefield, played by the two Ultimus favorites. Then you got the battle of QBs, as Blocksdale looks to pass Maximus in the air this season and finally make a claim that he is as good as it gets, and then the defense where the cornerback Heavy Hawks take on the Safety Strong Second Line. Then you also have the….

2. BALBaltimore Hawks (11-2) ?0
Runningback Race. Look, I have been saying this for a while now, but I’d be surprised if Smallwood still has the record at the end of the season. Expect Taylor to take it. In week 5, the touchdown gap was 7, and it has shrunk to 2. That to me says that the Hawks have been not only making their offense great, but honing the craft.

3. OCO Orange County Otters (9-4) ?+1
Can I just say, there are few things more certain in life than death, taxes, and the Otters making the playoffs. This team has been the model of consistency and it shows. They’re always going to be a force to be reckoned with. Boss is a first ballot hall of famer if there ever was one.

4. COL Colorado Yeti (7-6) ?-1
The Outlaws now have the longest playoff drought currently running. Weird. The Yeti did it, I believe, they made the playoffs. I’m actually really excited, the team needed the win against Yellowknife as they head to Orange County for a game against the other ASFC playoff team, but for now it’s all champagne in Colorado.

5. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths (6-7) ?0
The defending champions are out of the playoffs. That’s nuts. And it was without a loss of a key player due to retirement. It is funny that a reaper is the team mascot, as it looks like father time caught up with them.

6. PHI Philadelphia Liberty (4-9) ?+1
I don’t think the Liberty want to be sitting comfortably as the third worst team, but here they are. Ryan Flock leads the league in interceptions, so that’s neat. That said, the Liberty do have the advantage that they are picking 3rd, and the first two are set on QB. It’s going to be a problem if the other two trade down though. I do not think Logan Noble as a long term solution makes sense.

7. ARI Arizona Outlaws (2-11) ?-1
Well, here’s the upside, they’re not the worst. But I’d be remiss if I said the offense didn’t rely solely on Reg Mackworthy. It does. About 40% of all of the Outlaws plays are runs involving Mack. That’s crazy. I rounded and eyeballed those numbers, but the Outlaws are going to at some point realize that a runningback in the wings may not be a bad investment.

8. SJS San Jose SaberCats (2-11) ?0
Well, the Cats have arguably had the more successful season with no tools. Shane Weston, who is still great, sits at 6 in yards this season, that’s pretty awesome. Pennington is looking like the real deal, but he needs his weapons to come out of the DSFL if he wants the Sabercats to show their fangs.

Code:
603 words

*Week 13 Power Rankings - iamslm22 - 08-07-2018

YKW did lose Philippe Carter which was a big issue for them, but I generally agree with these rankings.

*Week 13 Power Rankings - sapp2013 - 08-07-2018

I believe the San Jose Sabercats have the longest playoff drought from S6. Ari is S7, Phi is S7, YKW, is S8, and the others are in the S9 playoffs.

*Week 13 Power Rankings - ItsJustBarry - 08-07-2018

(08-07-2018, 06:56 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:.... I generally agree with these rankings.

If you agree, I agree.

[Image: giphy.gif]

*Week 13 Power Rankings - cosbornballboy - 08-08-2018

(08-07-2018, 03:41 AM)tlk742 Wrote:7. ARI Arizona Outlaws (2-11) ?-1
Well, here’s the upside, they’re not the worst.  But I’d be remiss if I said the offense didn’t rely solely on Reg Mackworthy.  It does.  About 40% of all of the Outlaws plays are runs involving Mack.  That’s crazy.  I rounded and eyeballed those numbers, but the Outlaws are going to at some point realize that a runningback in the wings may not be a bad investment.

Wait till LaMelllana hits the NSFL