International Simulation Football League
*Tegan Atwell Considers Another Change - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tegan Atwell Considers Another Change (/showthread.php?tid=9874)

*Tegan Atwell Considers Another Change - Jiggly_333 - 08-13-2018

"I'm just thinking that it might just be time."

Tegan Atwell, one of the famed S5 survivors of the Chicago Blues franchise, speaks to the press only a few days after her Orange County Otters once again lose to the New Orleans Second Line in the playoffs, this time going down 39-21. After signing an unprecedented two-year contract worth $11M, the big T&A is considering her next move.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here, even when I was getting destroyed on defense. The people here are amazing and it's hard to consider leaving them. But on that same idea, there's so many great players here that sometimes I feel like I'm not able to completely play my game the way I want to."

Ever since her position switch from corner back to wide receiver, Atwell has been in the Top 5 for receiving yards on a team with another Pro-Bowler and two future Hall of Famers at her same position. Despite her success, many experts seem to consider her only the team's third option on the field despite head coach Time Consumer proclamations that his passing scheme doesn't have "primary" or "secondary" receivers, rather focusing on rotating based on situation. While that may be the case, the numbers say something slightly different. They point towards Carlito Crush being a primary receiver, with 100 catches and 17 TDs, and the aging Bradley Westfield a possible secondary receiver, with 76 catches and 11 TDs. While this could just be the sheer coincidence of numbers, it seems to have possibly affected Atwell's attitude as she saw only 70 catches and 3 TDs while getting a better YPC than either of her teammates (at 16.7).

"I mean, I trust Coach Consumer, but I would like to see a bit more of the ball. Especially right now, with Mike [Boss] retiring I don't really know where we're going to be going. I've met the kid that they're bringing up, Showbiz. He seems okay and I think we can get on fine, but if it took Boss all he had to spread it around to all 4 of us in S8 and S9, I don't even know how the kid can handle just 3 of us. I know that there's teams out there just waiting for a show-stopping receiver to show up for them and I'd like to see if I can be one of them."

Tegan Atwell has spent her entire pro career in Orange County, but has considered a move away from the team on a previous occasion, namely the off-season that landed her the contract that is now running out. According to sources, she gave incredulous numbers to any team that contacted her and although she was allegedly offered a $13M per year contract by the Arizona Outlaws, she still returned to the Otters for much less than that.

"I love this team and it would be hard to leave. That's basically what this is, me saying that even though I have some small issues here or there, it's gonna take a lot to drag me away from here. So, as always I'll look at offers that are handed to me and consider what my options are. If there's a team that wants me enough, I'll go. I know what my position here is and the GMs have been open in telling me that they want me here."

So once again we watch Atwell walk out into another bout of free agency, wondering whether this will be the one in which she finally moves out of Santa Ana Stadium.

[Image: tumblr_np2t8oKkm01qkt131o8_250.gif]

Code:
589 words

*Tegan Atwell Considers Another Change - JKortesi81 - 08-13-2018

Just go.

*Tegan Atwell Considers Another Change - RedCydranth - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 11:17 PM)JKortesi81 Wrote:Just go.

.... into the OCO locker room and stay there, is what he meant. We'll get you a nice contract with all the bells and whistles.

*Tegan Atwell Considers Another Change - Jiggly_333 - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 10:17 PM)JKortesi81 Wrote:Just go.
[Image: eLeljM0.gif]

*Tegan Atwell Considers Another Change - DeathOnReddit - 08-14-2018

(08-13-2018, 11:17 PM)JKortesi81 Wrote:Just go.

gottem