International Simulation Football League
*Bovo calling it quits - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Bovo calling it quits (/showthread.php?tid=9947)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Bovo calling it quits - bovovovo - 08-16-2018

Just kidding lol

NOLA has come a long way. It’s weird looking back at the team we once were... it doesn’t feel like that long ago when NOLA was the Legion, and the Legion had 3 players actually updating. Not to mention the mass retirement. One rebrand and a lot of patience (and memes) later, and we’ve just had one of the most dominant seasons in NSFL history. No team has ever scored more than 500 points in a season, and last season we scored 530. Our defense allowed only 197 points, the lowest amount in NSFL history since the S3 Outlaws. Not to mention, of course, bringing home the Ultimus trophy.

That’s all well and good but I think the one thing I’m proudest of with this team is the culture. To go from a graveyard of an LR to one of the most active ones in the league, it’s been an insanely fun run. And it isn’t over yet.

I don’t really take any of the credit for this successful rebuild - there were a lot of people that played big roles in helping make NOLA what it is today. So the rest of this is basically going to be a bunch of shout outs (in no particular order) to the people you can thank for NOLA’s Ultimus win.

@Beaver: NOLA’s MVP and #1 captain in my eyes. Beaver has been around since before the mass retirement and his loyalty never faltered. He’s been a key piece in the locker room and is the ultimate team player, occasionally helping with scouting/testing. I don’t think any GM could ask for somebody better to build a team around, and NOLA is very lucky to have him.

@Keyg_an: For going out of his way to draft Beaver and for making the ultimate 5d chess move of single handedly causing the mass retirement which reforged the Legion through fire and iron into the team that it is today.

@Ben: Another key cog in the NOLA machine, ben was who hired me to be co-GM back in the day. This man bleeds black and yellow and purple and teal and I am extremely grateful to have him on the squad.

@tbone415: Rest in peace. Tbone stepped in to help me out during the most rebuildy time of the rebuild, and he did a lot of good work. Even though his activity slowed down and he eventually went IA, he was an extremely important teammate in helping build up NOLA’s LR culture. When we had basically nothing in terms of LR activity and culture, tbone was always there helping make our LR a more active place, which planted the seeds of the culture we have today.

@tlk742: Thank you for trusting me enough to come to a team that had just finished a 4-10 season that had dreams of Ultimus contention. Tlk has been a LR leader ever since he got here and has been a quasi-co-gm for a while. One might even call him a shadow GM. NOLA would not be what it was last season if not for his quick and dedicated investment in the team and its culture.

@Muford: I feel like the lowkey best trade I ever made was trading for Muford. Much like tlk, from day one Muford was instantly invested in the success of the team. I’m pretty sure Muford is largely the reason why we were able to convince tlk to come here and why we were able to land Benson Bayley later on. While Sharpei is donezo, I cannot understate how glad I am that I made that trade for Muford.

@AsylumParty: Filled in as co-gm when I needed one, and did a great job at it, also helped with scouting. I remember during that time being super busy IRL and somewhat stressed out, so his help was an immense load off my shoulders and got NOLA through a critical time. He not only held down the fort, but he excelled at it, and it was hard to see him have to take a step back and retire Evans. But NOLA would not be where it is now without him. He even wanted to come here back when we were Legion because he wanted to help out. A fantastic teammate through and through.

@AdamS: Somewhat similar to AsylumParty. AdamS actually wanted to come here and help out, and help out he has. He brought with him scouting skills and insights that helped a ton during some critical drafts which helped set us up for success. Also helped us land tlk which was yuge

@TheWoZy: It took a couple of tries, but thank you for believing in me and in NOLA enough to voluntarily spend your last few seasons here. I am ecstatic that we were able to send Fuego Wozy off into the sunset with a ring.

@ErMurazor: My man. Thank you for choosing to bring your talents to NOLA and helping us get over the hump to become serious Ultimus contenders.

@jaskins811: This dude is the bomb. While he’s largely inactive nowadays, he was the first one lining up to go to the Legion to help out after the mass retirement. He’s always been the ultimate team player and nobody could ask for a better teammate. It pumps me up knowing how important of a piece he was in our defense, and that his dedication wasn’t in vain as we finally did become competitive and bring home the Ultimus.

@PaytonM34: Another one of those 10/10 LR culture-building guys. Payton was one of the more talkative in our LR for a while and played a huge role in establishing our current culture. Not to mention how sexy his player his. While he’s been busy lately (especially with cash girl), he is still one of the most valued members of the squad and I am very grateful to have him. He also helped out a lot with scouting and general GM-level decision making, and he lowkey is extremely skilled at that. Very nice first overall pick right here.

@majesiu: It’s been awesome seeing you become invested in NOLA. Thank you for playing a terrible position and being a key piece in what turned out to be an elite defense. Hopefully next season we can start getting you the stats you deserve for once.

@Kendrick: Thank you for trusting me enough to spend your twilight years with us. I’m glad we were able to send you off with another ring.

@124715: Another guy that we traded for but who stepped up in a big way. Numbers has helped a lot with scouting and keeping the LR nice and active. Very grateful for this guy and I’ve always loved me some Paul DiMirio. It’s been tons of fun having DiMirio on the field.

@JuOSu: I remember when I first talked to JuOsu when the Otters were shopping her after she requested a trade and I was trying to find out (frankly) if it’d be worth trading for her, and it didn’t take long for me to realize that she would 100% be worth that #2 overall pick we gave up for her. She wanted to help make a terrible team a contender and it is awesome that her goal has come to fruition. Thank you for believing in me enough to want to come here and help out.

@Mongoose87: Lowkey awesome LR dude. We drafted him so he didn’t really have much of a choice at all but Mongoose has been a fantastic teammate and a valued member of the team. I’m excited to see his career develop, I think he’s a future defensive star in this league.

@`BayleyIsland`: Was banking on only getting an elite cornerback to plug up a gaping hole the size of godzilla’s bumhole in our secondary, but instead got a teammate who was instantly invested in the team and its future success. Bayley has been an absolute joy in the LR and was someone I had always respected before we were teammates, and I am ecstatic and honored that he’s chosen to spend a long time here.

@Bzerkap: Bzer showed me the ways of GMing in this league and when the time came for me to spread my wings and jump out of the nest and into the burning garbage dumpster he did nothing but support me through that process. He showed me the ropes and I wouldn’t be the average GM that I am today without his guidance.

@speculadora: He may have left us for greener pastures but while he was here he was an incredibly valuable teammate whom I was very grateful for. He helped keep the LR active, helped with scouting, helped with gameplanning, and was a very high quality advisor. He really was the full package and helped with lots of moves that helped make NOLA the team that it is now. There’s no one better that I could ask for as an arch-nemesis.

So that’s pretty much it. No more being all dramatic and touchy feely. I’m sure there’s some people I forgot about so... sorry. NOLA is a fantastic team and it’s been a blast being a part of it. I’m extremely grateful for each and every player on our squad. Hopefully we can keep this up for at least a few more seasons.

NOLA

*Bovo calling it quits - Muford - 08-16-2018

much tear so love

*Bovo calling it quits - PaytonM34 - 08-16-2018

<3

*Bovo calling it quits - Bzerkap - 08-16-2018

@bovovovo wtf you son of a bitch

*Bovo calling it quits - Kendrick - 08-16-2018

Thank you for the ring, I do.

*Bovo calling it quits - majesiu - 08-16-2018

NOLA

*Bovo calling it quits - Ben - 08-16-2018