International Simulation Football League
*The End of an Era - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The End of an Era (/showthread.php?tid=9951)

*The End of an Era - Ramero - 08-16-2018

I think that questions have flown around about me being one of the biggest fails of a first overall pick in league history, and I think that those claims have some merit to them. In the last month and a half (and for the greater part of S9) I have been almost completely inactive after being burnt out by this league, my real life job, and some family problems that have been going on since I first joined. I began my role as the general manager of the San Antonio Marshals all the way back in S6 after having just joined the team as a draftee free agent, and found myself a home almost instantly with that team. @Roly I want to give a huge props to you for giving me the role, because if you hadn't I wouldn't have been able to help the Marshals find the success that we have. You were an outstanding mentor and a great sim league member, but from checking your profile I can see that you've dissapeared as well.

I want to apologize to a number of people for my recent absence, starting with the Colorado Yeti. When you took the chance at first overall and selected me, I should have taken that position and run with it but instead I laid idle and failed to contribute or grow at the level expected of me. I also want to say sorry to @Bzerkap for failing to be able to lead the updating team what so ever, @PDXBaller for not being a solid general manager this past season or helping in the development of the DSFL, to @YoungTB for leaving most of the burden on him and causing him to step down (at least I feel I was a major reason) and to the players I drafted in San Antonio this season who I wasn't able to string along and mentor.

Due to the nature of my leave in the first place, I find it would be unhealthy to continue to try and balance the NSFL into my daily life, and that it would cause other parts of me to slip out. For that reason, until the future I will be going inactive in the NSFL but remaining on the Colorado Yeti and will not be retiring. At around 500 TPE there should be a good amount of value in me as a player, and with my build being where it was there wasn't major room for development anyways. I hope I can contribute in a similar way to how I did in my rookie season and maybe win a championship with you guys while I'm gone. I don't know if this will last a long time, but it's definitely going to be sometime, and I likely won't be seen around the site at all until October when my life starts to cool down.

Best of luck to everyone in the league, and here's to the hope that the NSFL keeps on!

Peace, Ramero

*The End of an Era - YoungTB - 08-16-2018

Hope you’re doing well Ramero. Life can get hectic sometimes. You’re one of the reasons why I’m still even active in this league, drafting me to the SA Marshals was a dream come true for me, and I’ll always remember our S8 run, even though it didn’t go according as plan. Though our GM duo didn’t work, you left SA in great hands. Hope you come back soon, bud!

*The End of an Era - Moosecop - 08-16-2018

Hurry back Big Boss Man SA SA

*The End of an Era - Bzerkap - 08-16-2018

@ranero I blame myself for putting the head updater role on you. It is a cursed role and one no one should have to bear

*The End of an Era - infinitempg - 08-16-2018

Hey, real life always comes first! Hope things work out for you in the long run, and if you do come back you'll always have a home in Colorado.

*The End of an Era - Bzerkap - 08-17-2018

I just wish he was Noble

*The End of an Era - PDXBaller - 08-17-2018

@Ramero,

Don't feel bad about it man. I'm just happy that you had a chance to help the team out for a few seasons and I hope that you find time to make it back when you can. Looking forward to seeing you around again!

*The End of an Era - majesiu - 08-17-2018

It was a great time being together in SA LR

Good luck on your way

*The End of an Era - kckolbe - 08-17-2018

(08-17-2018, 01:10 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:I just wish he was Noble

There's a very "Witch Test" aspect to this. By going inactive without having gotten in trouble first, we now know for sure he wasn't Noble, but it took losing him to confirm it.

*The End of an Era - Bzerkap - 08-17-2018

(08-17-2018, 02:02 PM)kckolbe Wrote:There's a very "Witch Test" aspect to this.  By going inactive without having gotten in trouble first, we now know for sure he wasn't Noble, but it took losing him to confirm it.
He weighed the same as a duck