International Simulation Football League
Things I’ve done - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Things I’ve done (/showthread.php?tid=16519)

Pages: 1 2

Things I’ve done - Buttersqauch101 - 11-18-2019

So where do I begin, I’ve done some bad things in my time here in this sim league which no one should ever be proud of. I’ve said some things that apparently have popped up in here that I don’t even remember in the rookie discord, General, S18 discord, etc which is terrible for the fact that Im so used to having said things like that to the point don’t even remember saying them to people and when I “try” to apologize they are always incomplete with should’ve happened which is not a good sign. I’ve lost a lot of friends in my time here for things I have done incorrectly which while it mate hurt to think of there’s no one to blame but me and the thing that I have said to them.

I handle a lot of things extremely bad here especially when it came to my first tampering issue. I got extremely aggressive to people I shouldn’t have which brought me even more consequences that I deserved for my incompetence. Burning bridges isn’t the thing to do every single time. Someone I’ve definitely had problems with since I joined was @WALDO where I feel this is the only thing I can think of defending how it started as it was something that got out of hand and it still continued. This was something I tried apologizing for directly right away and publicly the next morning and I want to say to Waldo I want to clear things up with you so we don’t have anymore issues then we’ve had.

To the people of S18 I promise that I haven’t been trying to mess up how you feel with the league and I don’t want to be That guy even though I am. I think I’ve said this a lot but the people who have issues with me please just dm me so we can clear anything up because even though how much it may seem otherwise, I hate being part of public drama. I will be trying to remain quiet for the most part on other NSFL related discord’s, forums, etc until maybe I can clear things up better. If you guys have something you want me to try an explain something that has happened I guess just ask in the comments and I’ll try and answer like it’s a presser. I’ll be logging into the forums at random times today to see anything but I want to try and keep this post civil and if not we can work through it

Things I’ve done - WALDO - 11-18-2019

i only mentioned it because Adam brought it up iirc

Things I’ve done - SweetJamesJones - 11-18-2019

[Image: giphy.gif]

Things I’ve done - Dylandeluxe - 11-18-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

(11-18-2019, 05:43 PM)Dylandeluxe Wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A
I’m not asking you to like me, I just want to clear things up. Nothing more

Things I’ve done - TeyonSchavari - 11-18-2019

I'm going to say this as a neutral party since I've personally never had a problem with you.

I do believe that you mean well. Truly. But from what I've seen, the main issue is that your apologies don't hold much weight when you don't admit what you've done wrong, and in turn it makes it very hard to forgive you. And this goes back to the Waldo incident. I saw screenshots of your 'apology' to Waldo, and the biggest issue with that was instead of saying I'm sorry and being understanding that Waldo was upset, you tried to justify your actions and turn it on him because to you it was 'just a joke'. That specifically is where you went wrong. You didn't show compassion or empathy for how your 'jokes' made him feel. If your 'apologies' to others that I didn't see were anything like that one, then I can see why it rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Don't justify what you did, simply say "I didn't realize that my jokes were upsetting you and I understand now that they crossed the line. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." End it at that, actually mean it when you say it won't happen again, and if someone asks you to stop then stop.

You have made mistakes. You're young, that'll happen, and from your posts I can tell that you are trying to get out of the deep hole you dug yourself into. And it won't be easy to win people over at this point. But my advice to you is to be nice, and don't try to justify what you did, instead move forward and when others point out your past, tell them that you understand you messed up and are trying to move on from it - don't justify it and be patient. And after this post, stay out of the public eye for a bit, because this just encourages more drama and might actually do more harm than good for you.

To others in this league reading this, especially those that do have a problem with Butters: I know that you are sick of giving him more chances. I know that he has done wrong and no apology can ever make it right. But please, try and see the good in him, because despite his wrongdoings, he is trying to be better. It is one of my fatal flaws to see the best in people, and this is no different.

It is easy to forget when only communicating through a computer or phone screen that the people on the other end are human. So, Butters, please understand that in the future your words can affect that person differently than intended and that their feelings are valid. And everyone else, Butters is a complex being of his own - you don't have to like him - you have reason not to - but please don't wish harm or any ill-will on him or others in general.

Sorry for writing a book. This is tough for me because I did have good interactions with you but I'm also fairly close to a lot of the others that haven't. I care about this league and the people in it, so I'm just hoping that in time this will all be behind us. Good luck

(11-18-2019, 12:54 PM)TeyonSchavari Wrote:To others in this league reading this, especially those that do have a problem with Butters: I know that you are sick of giving him more chances. I know that he has done wrong and no apology can ever make it right. But please, try and see the good in him, because despite his wrongdoings, he is trying to be better. It is one of my fatal flaws to see the best in people, and this is no different.

It is easy to forget when only communicating through a computer or phone screen that the people on the other end are human. So, Butters, please understand that in the future your words can affect that person differently than intended and that their feelings are valid. And everyone else, Butters is a complex being of his own - you don't have to like him - you have reason not to - but please don't wish harm or any ill-will on him or others in general.

Sorry for writing a book. This is tough for me because I did have good interactions with you but I'm also fairly close to a lot of the others that haven't. I care about this league and the people in it, so I'm just hoping that in time this will all be behind us. Good luck

I can agree with this. I’ll stop if [b]You and i[b] can put it behind us together.

edit: bolding is hard

(11-18-2019, 05:59 PM)WALDO Wrote:I can agree with this. I’ll stop if [b]You and i[b] can put it behind us together.

edit: bolding is hard
That’s why I did send you a friend request on discord. We don’t share a mutual server and I wanted to dm you and try and put things behind us

(11-18-2019, 01:03 PM)Buttersqauch101 Wrote:That’s why I did send you a friend request on discord. We don’t share a mutual server and I wanted to dm you and try and put things behind us

in recommendation of my friends and partners i declines and hope we can just put it behind us since i still don’t have trust in you to talk in private

(11-18-2019, 06:07 PM)WALDO Wrote:in recommendation of my friends and partners i declines and hope we can just put it behind us since i still don’t have trust in you to talk in private
That is fine by me. I’m glad that we can put everything behind us