International Simulation Football League
*Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line (/showthread.php?tid=25913)

*Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line - Pat - 09-22-2020

Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line

Hey there sports fans! Draft week(s) festivities are finally upon us! On Friday, September 25th we have the Season 25 ISFL Rookie Draft, which is followed up a week later with the Season 25 DSFL Draft. Due to my overflowing excitement over my first ever ISFL Draft, I am going to try and do a write-up of every position group coming into the draft.

In this edition of the positional breakdown of the Season 25 ISFL Draft, we are looking at everyone’s favorite fat boys: Offensive Line

Position Stats
Active Players*: 10
*To qualify as an active player for this breakdown, the player had to have been updated in the last update of Season 24 – 9/12/2020 in the TPE Tracker
Average TPE: 185
Highest TPE: 254 (Medicinal Toblerone)

If there is one position group that needs more love and recognition in the ISFL, it comes down to a toss-up between Kicker/Punter or Offensive Line. Both positions are very thing when it comes to active players at the ISFL level, and every team employs multiple Bots of Offensive Line positions. The relative depth at the position in this year’s class I’m sure brings a smile to every General Manager’s face. The only question is how much do teams value linemen, knowing that you most likely can’t bring them up for at least a year after drafting them, due to the Bots having 550 TPE at the ISFL level.  That’s why I’m here – to be the hype squad for my beefy brothers.

Before I get too far into these player breakdowns, I want to preface by saying these are all subjective and based on my knowledge of the players. I know that I do not know everyone in the league, their stories, or how active they really are. If I missed any information or got something wrong about a player, feel free to correct me and know it mistakes are not intentional.

The Players

Medicinal Toblerone | Myrtle Beach Buccaneers | 254 TPE | @JuOSu

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: the first player we’re going to talk about is a recreate by a league veteran. Okay now that you get to complain about all these recreates in Season 25, let’s actually get to talking about them. Toblerone, besides having a fantastic name and player render, is the latest project of long-time user JuOSu. I could sit here forever and talk about JuOSu and how they’ve been in the league since Season 3, and how they have held numerous league jobs and blah blah blah. Honestly though, what more is there to say? Toblerone will probably be the top OL taken. It’s almost a guarantee at this point.

Felix Archstone | Kansas City Coyotes | 231 TPE | @GlimsTC

FINALLY I get to talk about a new user! Archstone the player is a very high-earning, successful offensive lineman who will be a perfect fit for any team looking for offensive line help (hint: that’s just about every team). The user behind Archstone, Glims, has already become one of the most well-known users here at the ISFL in his short time. The Weeb King, Glims has also already become General Manager for the Coyotes, so you know he’s got big things planned for himself here. Any team looking to add not only an encyclopedic knowledge on anime, but also a steady voice to their war room will probably look to take Archstone fairly early.

Adam Mellott | Tijuana Luchadores | 228 TPE | @GuitarMaster116

Probably one of the more unknown users at the Offensive Lineman position is Mellott’s user GuitarMaster116 (I’ll refer to as GM or Guitar from here on out). I’m going to be very honest here: if I did not share a locker room with Mellot this season, I would look at his TPE and his relatively low activity on the forums and plop him squarely in the, “probably just does TPE and that’s it” bucket – not that that’s a bad thing! 
*Puts proud Papa hat on*
Since I did share a locker room with Mellot this season, I can tell you that what he might lack in name recognition and forum activity he makes up for with personality and Discord presence. GuitarMaster is a very competitive user who loves earning TPE, and was chosen by his Tijuana teammates to be a team captain. He might be a little under the radar but any team that is able to pick him up will be very pleased.

Chuck Roth | Portland Pythons | 228 TPE | @zeagle1

Confession time: when I was a wee lad preparing for the Season 24 DSFL Draft, Chuck Roth (or Big Boy Chucky as he’s known on Twitter) was my favorite offensive line prospect. I don’t really know why, really. Outside of brief exchanges on Twitter, I haven’t really had much interaction with user zeagle1. Zeagle has been fairly active on the forums, and his season updates on his Portland Pythons (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) are a really unique and fun series that I hope he reprises in Season 25. Roth has also been a max-earner so far in his time in the ISFL, and he should make a great addition to any team.

Clay Stallworth | Kansas City Coyotes | 218 TPE | @Gravtx

Another very promising OL prospect coming out of Kansas City, Stallworth has an amazing rookie year in the DSFL where I believe he actually ended up breaking the single season pancakes record. Sure, Kansas City may have failed to make the playoffs, but you can’t place any blame for that on their offensive line! The user behind Stallworth, Gravtx, is someone I have not dealt with personally, but based on what I’ve heard from other users and seen on the forums, he has all the makings of a great person who will bring a great attitude and presence to any team. Gravtx is also responsible for one of my favorite series of articles – Behind the Wall. If you haven’t read any of them (shame on you) the premise is that Stallworth/Gravtx interviews a fellow ISFL offensive lineman. They make for a great read and it’s nice to see players working to bring hype to their cohorts. We need more offensive linemen in the league solely so Gravtx can keep writing!

Ananda Adyan | Norfolk Seawolves | 202 TPE | @TMosura

I know that I’m writing these articles talking about these players and I act like I know who’s who in the community. It may shock you all to know that I really don’t know everyone. Before I started researching this article, I saw Ananda Adyan and user TMosura and thought, “huh, no idea who that is, must be some quiet guy who does some TPE stuff.”
Ho boy was I wrong. For those of you who don’t know, TMosura (like me) is actually quite the media and graphics darling. His short series of articles, “The Pancake House” was always an entertaining read (and I wish he’d keep writing them), but where he really shines is his graphics. He has his own sig shop set up, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him joining the media/events/graphics team before too long. Look for this player to go fairly high.

Marc Hamel | Portland Pythons | 159 TPE | @lespoils

Joining the league back in May of 2020, Hamel has the appearance of a user who pops in to do his point tasks and nothing more. He’s a member of an affiliate league, so I’m going to take a guess that the ISFL is more secondary to him. There’s really nothing wrong with that, and if he keeps earning as he is I’m sure he can make the jump to the ISFL before too long. For now, it appears the Pythons will have themselves a moderate earner for a human offensive line on their roster for some time.

Connor Quigley | Kansas City Coyotes | 144 TPE | @WhatAmUs

Much like the player above, Quigley seems to be nothing more than a TPE earning bot. I say this not having familiarity with the Kansas City locker room, so if there’s more to Whatamus that I don’t know, I hope one of the KC teammates can shed some light for me!

EDITOR'S NOTE:
Hey, someone actually listened to my plea for help. According to all-star CB @slate, Whatamus is a super cool locker room presence who was IA for the first half of the season. Supposedly he's been working on a theme song for the Coyotes which is super fucking dope to hear. 

Smitty McGee | Dallas Birddogs | 95 TPE | @Nowordofalie

Created back in the initial timeframe most of the Season 25 players were (July 20-25th), Smitty had all the makings of a great offensive lineman – lots of time to gather TPE and a great name. Okay, so maybe a great name is secondary, but still. When you take that into account, it makes it a little sad to see that McGee has only managed to gain 95 TPE in his time here, well off the pace of even a moderate earner. Hopefully season 25 sees an uptick in his activity.

Duncan Donuts | Dallas Birddogs | 93 TPE | @DunkinDuncan

All I can say about Duncan is that he too seems to be a player that joined up and then just stuck to doing the weekly point tasks and nothing else. Oh, and that he has got to be from Boston judging by his player and username.

BONUS PROSPECT

Okay, so I know in these articles I adhere to a strict criterion of only looking at active players, defined by players who updated recently. For offensive line I had to make one except to talk about everyone’s favorite discord bot, Platanocat.

Marlon Alexander | London Royals | 151 TPE | @platanocat

I shouldn’t make exceptions, but I wanted to at least make my plea to Plat to keep active in the league. If you’ve spent any time in the London public Locker Room, you know Platanocat. He’s been a member of the league since July 20th, and the man has posted the 5th most messages in the London locker room of ANY user. We’re all pretty sure that plat is actually two children wearing a trench coat standing on each others’ shoulders, posting random things on the internet, but it doesn’t matter. He’s a bit of a celebrity amongst the Season 25 players, and he needs to remain active. In the words of immortal rock band, Player, “PLATTY COME BACK.”

Final Thoughts

Offensive line will always be a position of not a lot of depth in the league, and that’s completely understandable. What this position group might not have in numbers, it more than makes up for in quality of user. Excluding JuOSu, the top players are all new users that have already made their mark on the league, and I believe will help bring stability and quality to the entirety of the ISFL.

Once again, thank you for reading. If you have any corrections or comments, please leave them below!

Previous versions of Pat’s Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown:

Safety
Wide Receiver
Linebacker
Cornerback

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line - zeagle1 - 09-22-2020

Thanks for the shout-out! Great article!

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line - GlimsTC - 09-22-2020

Appreciate the kind words about me and the boys. Been enjoying this series of media posts a ton, so I was really looking forward to this one!

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line - TMosura - 09-23-2020

sidenote: I am actually in the graphics team. Smile But amazing article!

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line - Pat - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 12:12 AM)TMosura Wrote: sidenote: I am actually in the graphics team. Smile But amazing article!

I'm a God damn mind reader I guess

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Offensive Line - JuOSu - 09-23-2020

Appreciate the kind words Smile