International Simulation Football League
*Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End (/showthread.php?tid=25928)

Pages: 1 2

*Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Pat - 09-23-2020

Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End

Hey there sports fans! Draft week(s) festivities are finally upon us! On Friday, September 25th we have the Season 25 ISFL Rookie Draft, which is followed up a week later with the Season 25 DSFL Draft. Due to my overflowing excitement over my first ever ISFL Draft, I am going to try and do a write-up of every position group coming into the draft.

In this edition of the positional breakdown of the Season 25 ISFL Draft, we are looking at the prom queens of the defensive line: Defensive End

Position Stats

Active Players*: 7
*To qualify as an active player for this breakdown, the player had to have been updated in the last update of Season 24 – 9/12/2020 in the TPE Tracker
Average TPE: 212
Highest TPE: 275 (Tex Wrecks)

Regarded as one of the most important defensive positions in today’s ISFL, defensive end is a position that every team in the league tries to have at least one solid starting option at. That being said, there are many teams that are coming into this draft with a huge need, due to expansion or age, at the position. Luckily for them, where this pool of players lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality and activity many times over. I fully expect to see defensive ends be the first position group to be cleaned out completely at Friday’s draft.

Before I get too far into these player breakdowns, I want to preface by saying these are all subjective and based on my knowledge of the players. I know that I do not know everyone in the league, their stories, or how active they really are. If I missed any information or got something wrong about a player, feel free to correct me and know it mistakes are not intentional.

The Players

Tex Wrecks | Tijuana Luchadores | 275 TPE | @209tacos

Seen as a consensus top three pick heading into Friday’s draft, Tex Wrecks needs no introduction. He’s the highest earning player in the entire draft, and the simulation loved him too, as Wrecks dominated on the field and should be receiving some sort of award for his play. Off the field, user 209tacos is not super active on the forums nor in Discord (I say this as a teammate of his), but where he makes up for it is with his quality graphics he creates. I believe tacos is a member of one of our affiliate leagues, so it wouldn’t surprise me if posting articles and such here was more secondary to him. That being said, he will still bring a great presence to any team, and has proven he can be a max earner. I’m about 99% sure he’s created sigs for everyone over in Tijuana, and I expect to see him creating graphics for the league eventually, too.

Raylan Crowder | Dallas Birddogs | 239 TPE | @Asked Madden

One member, I think, of the Four Horsemen. How do I kind of know that? I just went to Crowder’s Twitter page and saw mention of it. Who are the other Four Horsemen? I guess we’ll never know. Crowder was one of the premier Defensive Ends in the DSFL this past season, and is expected by many to be taken within the first two rounds of the draft. Like many of his Birddog compatriots, Crowder is definitely worth a follow on Twitter, and his activity in locker rooms and on the forums is very high. Asked Madden hasn’t posted a ton of new media, only totaling eight new threads since joining, but his articles were always great quality and brought out some good laughs. I’m very partial to one of his first articles, “A Descent into Madness – Dline Prospects.” I hope to see Madden post some more articles like that in the near future!

Albert Ruschmann | London Royals | 232 TPE | @katarn22

The fifth overall pick in the Season 24 DSFL Draft, I think, Ruschmann came into the league with high expectations placed on his shoulders. On the field, he lived up to the hype as his strong play helped lead the Royals to an Ultimini win in season 24. Off the field, user katarn22 is possibly one of the most liked season 25 prospects, and is always up for some quality talk in the London Royals locker room. Teams will probably fight over having katarn on the roster just because his personality is so great. On the forums, he hasn’t been a massive contributor content-wise, except his Complete Season 24 DSFL Mock Draft was a thing of freaking beauty. He even ran out of space to fit it into a single post. There are very few things I feel very strongly about, but I guarantee Ruschmann will be a first round pick on Friday night.

Sam Roes | Norfolk Seawolves | 220 TPE | @Roezam

Well, I made it to my fourth prospect before I had to make a public apology, so that’s not too bad. Roezam, I honestly have no idea who you are and I’m sorry. I mean I was sorry until I went to your profile on the forums and saw your profile picture. If you haven’t seen it yet, go do it now. It’s honestly the thing of nightmares. Aside from the terrifying visage on his profile page, Roezam has posted some very good articles, most of them detailing what Sam Roes does on his days off. His articles are high quality, and I assume he is a quality member of the Seawolves’ locker room.

Etrigan T. Slayer | Portland Pythons | 201 TPE | @Thiath

If nothing else, Etrigan T. Slayer goes down in my books as the top Defensive End in this draft solely for his name. It’s so fun to say and just sounds like a defensive end. “Slayer with the big hit!” It also sounds like a wrestler’s name from some third tier traveling wrestling outfit. He would come in basically looking like Conan the Barbarian. Thiath the user has been around for over half a year now, and I THINK Slayer is a recreate (correct me if I’m wrong). He’s also an active user on the forums and does podcasts and articles. His, “Hell Week for Charity” podcast was a thing that I didn’t listen to but was aware of, and I’m sure was cool!

Brick Van Sanzo | Minnesota Grey Ducks | 189 TPE | @snazzlepuss22

We have already established that Slayer takes the cake for my favorite name of all defensive ends (and possibly all players) in this draft, but Brick Van Sanzo is right up there, too. User snazzlepuss22 (effing amazing username by the way) hasn’t really been a big media presence, and unfortunately, I can’t speak to his activity in the Grey Ducks’ locker room. However, he did write one piece of media where Van Sanzo was interviewed about his thoughts on his fellow DE prospects in the Season 24 DSFL Draft, and it was pretty damn funny. Snazzle, I’m not sure if you’re reading this, but I think we all would love to see you become more active again and write some fun articles!

Owen Isaac | Tijuana Luchadores | 133 TPE | @oji3001

The last defensive end on my list is the little fella out of Tijuana, Owen Isaac. Owen and user oji3001, joined back in the big July 2020 gold rush, and after he completed some of his rookie point tasks, he kind of settled into the routine of sticking to activity checks and predictions. As I say every time I discuss a player that’s not a max earner: that’s totally okay. If he can stay active enough to keep developing his player at this pace, I’m sure he can move up to the ISFL after a couple of seasons. Look for a team to pick him in the later rounds at a project player.

Final Thoughts

Even though the defensive end position might not be seen as strong as others in this draft, I have seen a whole hell of a lot of mock drafts listing three of them going in the first round. The position pool isn’t stocked with a lot of active players, but it is stocked with some high-quality users. If we have less than five defensive ends taken in the first twenty picks of Friday’s draft, I would be shocked. It’s a position every team is going to be in need of before very long, especially after the expansion draft snatched a few players away from their teams.

Once again, thank you for reading. If you have any corrections or comments, please leave them below!

Previous versions of Pat’s Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown:

Offensive Line
Safety
Wide Receiver
Linebacker
Cornerback

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - negs - 09-23-2020

Great post

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Asked Madden - 09-23-2020

Thanks for the write up my man! Brilliant read as per.
Having paid for this seasons equipment and a ludicrous amount of Dotts cards I'll need to do some form of media soon!

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Roezam - 09-23-2020

Don't disrespect the Almighty Loaf

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - katarn22 - 09-23-2020

DE gang

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Pat - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 08:28 PM)Roezam Wrote: Don't disrespect the Almighty Loaf

It looks like someone removed Toadstool's nose

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - snazzlepuss22 - 09-24-2020

Your kind words inspired me to get off my ass and write again. 

Thanks and great article!

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Pat - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 04:38 PM)snazzlepuss22 Wrote: Your kind words inspired me to get off my ass and write again. 

Hell yeah dude! You write some.solid stuff!!

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Pat - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 04:38 PM)snazzlepuss22 Wrote: Your kind words inspired me to get off my ass and write again. 

Quoting this again to let you know that's probably the best compliment I've received on my articles. Thank you.

RE: Pat's Season 25 ISFL Draft Prospect Positional Breakdown – Defensive End - Crodyman - 09-25-2020

This series is the best media to come out in a dog's age! Truly these have been gifts, thank you brother!