International Simulation Football League
*Being Thankful - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Being Thankful (/showthread.php?tid=27573)

*Being Thankful - DApolloS - 11-19-2020

I didn't think I'd ever be writing about this in the forums of a dot football league, but this last month and a bit has really helped me a lot. I've been struggling a lot over the last year and a half (basically since the beginning of 2019) with depression and anxiety. It got really bad, that I needed to take 3 1/2 months off work. Things were really dark for me. I would never admit this to my wife (IRL by the way), but had I been single and not had her there to support me and lived on my own at the time, I don't know if I'd be here today. She was super pregnant at the time too so for her to not even make a fuss and just be there for me... it brings tears to my eyes knowing how lucky I am to have her.

In October, I was involved in an accident at work that really shook me to my core. I have now been off work again for the last month, but things are a lot different now. My support system isn't only my wife. It's my son too. He is such a goofy little shit (pardon my language) but is always laughing and playing "pranks" on his papa. Like pretending his ball is stuck under the couch just to make me move it to find out there is no ball and stomps in a circle doing this menacing "I TOTALLY GOT YOU" laugh. Well played kid. Pretty funny for a 1 year old.

My wife is such a caring person. I never thought I could love and appreciate someone as much as this, but here I am, bursting at the seems. Now through another shitty time in my life (not as bad as the last time, but still sucks), she tells me I'm going to be a dad again. So now I will have a 3rd amazing little person added to my support system to help me battle through my mental illness.

I am thankful for my family, my wife Sandra, my son Noah and my unborn child whom I can not wait to meet and watch grow into another amazing little person.

There is one more group of people I am thankful for. It is this community. The NSFL. You. I am still new here, but it feels like I've been apart of this group for years. I was welcomed into the fold like I always belonged here and I wanted to say thank you. And id I can be just a little cornyer (I don't care if it isn't a real word, it counts),  I love you people. Keep being you. You never know who's day your brightening by just being welcoming into your community.

RE: Being Thankful - Pat - 11-19-2020

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're very happy to have you as part of this community and we hope nothing but the absolutely best for you here and in your life. It takes a lot to be open with people, and I think it's amazing that you feel safe enough to do it here. If you ever need to vent or bounce ideas off of people or anything like that, there are tons of people here who would be willing to lend an ear, and I'm one of them.

If you haven't shared with your wife how much she means to you and how thankful you are to have her and your (soon to be) children in your life, I think you should.

I hope everything works out for you my friend! We've all got your back!

RE: Being Thankful - DApolloS - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 08:14 AM)Punter715 Wrote: I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're very happy to have you as part of this community and we hope nothing but the absolutely best for you here and in your life. It takes a lot to be open with people, and I think it's amazing that you feel safe enough to do it here. If you ever need to vent or bounce ideas off of people or anything like that, there are tons of people here who would be willing to lend an ear, and I'm one of them.

If you haven't shared with your wife how much she means to you and how thankful you are to have her and your (soon to be) children in your life, I think you should.

I hope everything works out for you my friend! We've all got your back!
Thank you! I share with her everyday how much she means to me. I'm super emotional these days so tears get shed quite often when I tell her because of how much I truly mean it when I say it.

RE: Being Thankful - zeagle1 - 11-19-2020

I know we disagreed (a lot) in awards committee, but I know you're a great dude and I'm glad you're in the league!

RE: Being Thankful - katarn22 - 11-19-2020

Love you dude LON

RE: Being Thankful - Jimi64 - 11-19-2020

Apollo, I hope you're able to find peace. Everything I've seen of you has left the impression on me that you're a really good person. I'm glad you're in this league

RE: Being Thankful - Yeenoghu - 11-19-2020

We're thankful for you, Apollo. <3