International Simulation Football League
Sim Transfer Question Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sim Info (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=476)
+--- Thread: Sim Transfer Question Thread (/showthread.php?tid=28479)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - Pat - 12-27-2020

(12-27-2020, 12:08 PM)Crunk Wrote: So you said in the QB thread "we’ve been able to make it so that even the QB run heavy playbooks will lead to fewer rushing attempts for “immobile” quarterbacks."

A technical question - is this this done by adjusting "QB Tuck and Run" in the Offensive Gameplan screen, or something else?

This is done solely through the player screen. The two running QB types - Mobile and Scrambler - will have the RunningQB flag in the sim. As opposed to DDSPF16 where (I think) it gave them a speed boost, this time around it actually makes it so that teams will not call designed QB runs unless that RunningQB flag is checked. Mobile and Scrambler QBs will need to have that flag or else you're basically gimping yourself.

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - slate - 12-27-2020

(12-26-2020, 11:11 PM)Nhamlet Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 02:04 AM)Nhamlet Wrote:
Quote: Competitiveness gets compared between the ballcarrier and tackler on each successful tackle. If the defender’s has a higher Competitiveness stat (even by 1 point!) they are slightly more likely to force a fumble.

Are there increasing chances of forced fumbles as the discrepancy is higher between the tackler and the running back's competitiveness or simply being higher results in a flat bonus to chance to fumble?

Anything on this?

The latter. If the defender's competitiveness is higher by 1 point it is the same bonus to fumble chance as it would be if it were 99 points higher.

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - Swanty - 12-27-2020

(12-27-2020, 12:39 PM)Troen Wrote: The builder has run stuffer max speed of 70, power rusher max speed of 75, and speed rusher max speed of 80, making those unachievable?

Thanks for spotting this! That trait requirements sheet you quoted was incorrect, the correct requirements have now been added and are also at the bottom of each archetype template page.

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - timeconsumer - 12-27-2020

How should I spend my TPE so I can be really good?

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - Pat - 12-27-2020

(12-27-2020, 07:16 PM)timeconsumer Wrote: How should I spend my TPE so I can be really good?

Step 1: Position Switch to Kicker
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - ZootTX - 12-28-2020

Are traits permanent, or are they going to be droppable during regression?
(for example, if my player has role model, can I drop it for 50 TPE during regression?)

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - Opera_Phantom - 12-28-2020

How's the home field advantage? Any testing there?

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - slate - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 09:35 AM)ZootTX Wrote: Are traits permanent, or are they going to be droppable during regression?
(for example, if my player has role model, can I drop it for 50 TPE during regression?)

Going to answer about traits and regression more broadly:

TPE spent to acquire traits will count towards regression calculations.

During regression you can "sell back" traits which counts as regressing its purchase cost in TPE. So yes, your example does work.

If regression causes you to drop below the required attribute thresholds needed to acquire the trait, you can still keep the trait. This will hopefully increase the relevance of late career players by giving them access to traits they previously acquired that would be unavailable to a young player of similar TPE.

This coming offseason, regression will happen first and then the regressed builds will be converted to the new archetypes.

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - The_Kidd - 12-28-2020

(12-25-2020, 09:50 AM)Punter715 Wrote: [quote pid='403721' dateline='1608866904']
Are there traits that are incompatible with each other? Like if a player has speed rusher they can’t get power rusher for example

The only incompatibility for traits is position. Like if you put Blocking FB on a WR it won't do anything for them. Otherwise if you hit the prerequisites and have enough TPE to buy you can apply every trait available!
[/quote]

So we can purchase any trait regardless of our position and the position the trait is supposed to affect?

Let's say our player plays multiple positions, legally they could purchase traits for both positions on technicalities if there was a restriction imposed?

Moreover, does the player have to be designated as the position for the trait to work (e.g. WR traits wont work for TE or RB) or they just need to play in that spot(DE playing at OLB) or they will work regardless as long as your player plays in positions that uses the trait(I guess some type of positional overlap, e.g. DE and DT, TE using OL traits, S using LB traits but they all play their natural positions)

RE: Sim Transfer Question Thread - Pat - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 05:30 PM)The_Kidd Wrote: So we can purchase any trait regardless of our position and the position the trait is supposed to affect?

Let's say our player plays multiple positions, legally they could purchase traits for both positions on technicalities if there was a restriction imposed?

Moreover, does the player have to be designated as the position for the trait to work (e.g. WR traits wont work for TE or RB) or they just need to play in that spot(DE playing at OLB) or they will work regardless as long as your player plays in positions that uses the trait(I guess some type of positional overlap, e.g. DE and DT, TE using OL traits, S using LB traits but they all play their natural positions)

Available traits are position AND archetype specific. You can see the list of traits for each player type here

W
e have balanced the new archetypes around how their position exists in the game. If you are a DT and you line up at DE, you will still be a DT in the game. You will never designate as another position. The traits stick with you.

(12-28-2020, 09:36 AM)Opera_Phantom Wrote: How's the home field advantage? Any testing there?

I don't know if we've collected enough data on HFA to really be considered statistically relevant (slate taught me big words!) but I could be wrong.