International Simulation Football League
*Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft (/showthread.php?tid=30577)

*Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Bigred1580 - 03-11-2021

Mock draft

The last two seasons have been the first in a very long time that I haven’t been in an ISFL War Room during the draft, or at least been in the know from events planning.  However, I have been in the league since the end of 2018, and my first ever piece of media I ever wrote was my original mock draft.  I got 5 out of 8 correct even though I knew basically nothing except manic was the best.  I followed that up with another mock in Season 14 nailing 6 out of 8 in my final season not being in a war room.  Although I am dumber than laser, I’m also less knowledgeable about team needs, so you should totally copy my mock in comparison to his… So, without further ado, here is BigRed’s Season 28 Mock Draft.

First round
BAL
BAL via AUS
OCO
PHI
BER
NYS
SJS
YKW
ARI
CHI
COL
HON
NOLA
SAR
Second Round
PHI via BAL
AUS
OCO
BAL via PHI
BER
NOLA via NYS
BAL via SJS
YKW
OCO via ARI
CHI
COL
HON
NOLA
SAR

Round 1

BAL Luke Quick - WR - @Bigred1580 - KCC
What can I say! Luke Quick is a stud and should be 1OA! For real though, I could see it.  Frick and I bring the Nebraska Connection.  My last player was pretty solid.  They need WR help.  And they need someone who they know won’t go IA, won’t abandon them, has war room presence and experience, and someone who they think they can build around.  I would be honored if I could be that person and would do everything I could to help them build. 

BAL - Busch Goose - RB - @infinitempg - KCC
REACH!! I am very hopeful that this guy isn’t the pick because he is a bum… I have shared an LR with him and he is basically IA.  My only demand is that if I am stuck on another team with him, that I get drafted first and him second.  I really hope I am wrong with this pick and we take someone else who is more cool, but Frick Co-GMed with infinite back when the yeti sucked so they are tied together… Please Don’t make this pick BAL… I would never be happier to be more wrong in my life.  Also, he’s a goose, like, wtf kind of render is that?  End of rant… Don’t draft him!!

OCO - Saleem Spence - WR - @StadiumGambler - POR
Solid pick by the otters as they get one of the best players on the board and a big benefit to them thanks to the reach pick by Baltimore.  Seriously Baltimore, don’t do it.  Anyway, Gambler has been a super max earner and awesome user.  The otters are in desperate need of a WR as that room is super thin and getting thinner.  It is a slam dunk pick and a super good fit for them here. 

PHI - Anton Bruckner - CB - @Gragg9 - MIN
One of the most active users in Rookie chat, and a very solid earner.  Buckner also fills by far the biggest position of need for the Liberty.  They are taking a defensive player that they can build their future around.  I think Gragg will be a good fit with the liberty culture and I see a bright for their team with this rebuild.

BER - Sam the Onion Man - WR - @Duilio05 - NOR
Not necessarily the biggest position of need for the Fire Salamanders, but they are in the luxury of having a very decent core group of players that they can just take the best player available.  They want a user who will be a sure thing and someone who will be a good asset in their locker room.  Duilio fits that description (as long as he has internet… :eyes: ).  Duilio is one of my favorite users on the site and will be a great fit in Berlin.  Not only that, but I believe he drafted the GMs when he was still head of Baltimore. 

NYS - Glenn Smart - DE - @Pib - LON
DE is the biggest need in the draft for New York, especially since the recent retirement of Jayson Kerse before the offseason.  Pib has been a max earner since they joined the league.  They fill a big need and can be plugged in right away onto this team. 

SJS - Dexter Hall - LB - @firstfray - KCC
Haha Hail Derpcat, Go Meow Meow!  The sabercats, like Berlin, have the luxury of a balanced roster meaning they can take the best player available.  Having said that, they are loosing one LB to old age soon so that may be a place they consider.  I know from my time in Kansas City that Dexter Hall is a great player and will be a huge asset to the team.  User firstfray is very active and a solid earner who will fit right in to that team and culture. 

YKW - Prof. Godfrey Gravity - DT - @z0rem - KCC
So far, I am putting all the Coyotes on the teams I have either played for or that I predict will draft me this season.  Rounding out this group is probably one of the best users in our draft class.  Z0rem has been a standout in our LR and brings a great positive attitude to our team.  Way better than Bush Geese or whatever.  I can see the Professor going places in this league and he will be a name everyone knows before long.  In keeping with tradition, Yellowknife takes a steal and continues to keep their strong culture going. 

ARI - Stumpy Jones - OL - @FootballIsCool - POR
A team with no holes gets the benefit of taking the first OL off the board and the highest earning player in this draft.  Stumpy has made a name for himself by being a very active and fun user and a super high earner, plus a great name.  I see Arizona strengthening their pipeline with this pick, and continuing to build one of the best OL in the league. 

CHI - Mongo - DE - @MachineEarnedRuns - BBB
The highest Defensive player still on the board, who fills a huge need, sounds like a no brainer.  Chicago could go with an OL with this pick because we know they love all human OL, but I think DE is a bigger need and they shouldn’t ignore such a standout at that position if they fall to them.  Butchers continue to build a juggernaut.

COL - Manhattan Project - RB - @Modern_Duke - LON
A recreate going back to their original team?  I know a lot of recreates are all about trying something new, but Colorado would be crazy to not bring back this stud.  Duke is a great user and person and although they do have a RB on the roster, but he could be the long term future plan.  Just getting him on the team will allow them to have a more explosive offense.

HON - Juno Hu - CB - @j00 - TIJ
The biggest need in Hawaii is for CBs.  In Lasers write up he mentioned that they may be in the market for CBs, and grabbing the best remaining player at that position will never be a bad choice.  I have seen j00 be active in TIJ’s discord so I know they will be active in Hon’s LR.. 

NOLA - Cade Williams - OL - @dude_man - TIJ
The original team at building the Wall in the ISFL, drafting from the original team that build the wall in the DSFL.  Ben and Payton would be so proud.  Nola is channeling their history with this pick.  The TIJ - NOLA connection has always been strong.  Dude_man not only is super active there, but he is also a big part of the sim team.  Snagging this OL late in the round should be viewed as a huge success for Nola. 

SAR - Chunt The Badger - WR - @UltimateYeehaw - DAL
Last pick of the first round going to the Ultimus Champs is the UltimateYeeHaw.  See what I did there… One of the highest earners in this class has only fallen this far due to recreates at her position and other team needs.  I see the sailfish getting a win here by helping build their future with this max earner.

Round 2

PHI - CJ Sonjack - CB - @Ace - LON
Lasers write-up mentioned that the biggest need for PHI is CBs.  He even suggested they go CB/S/CB with their first 3 picks.  I am having them go CB/CB to help build their defensive backfield.  They are getting a double header of lock down corners that will make opponents' passing game’s shudder for years to come.  Ace has been one of the most active users in rookie chat remaining.  I see him rising up the draft boards.

AUS - Bayley Cowabunga - WR - @JKortesi81 - DAL
Another recreate going back to his home team.  But this is a bit different as JK built this team.  He created them from nothing into an Ultimus champ.  I could see him wanting to go back there to keep it going and the GMs not wanting to miss out on this great user.  Since Austin doesn’t have a first rounder, this is their highest pick and they are lucky to be getting such a solid first round talent in the second.

OCO - Xavier Walls - DE/LB - @xtitanxmvpx - POR
One of the best users remaining on the board.  The Otters have two big needs, WR and LB.  I could see them taking an LB with their first pick, but I think they gambled that one would fall to them and low and behold, they get a stud here.  Stupid sexy otters always getting everything right.

BAL Daniel O’Leary - DT - @mango8154 - MIN
The hawks are rebuilding, so they may need a bit of everything.  But DT is by far one of their emptiest positions.  I could see them taking one of the last stand out max earning DTs remaining in O’Leary.  He has been active on discord and is a solid earner.  Great pick by Baltimore if I don’t say so myself.

BER Dexter Zaylren - QB - @Laser - BBB
Berlin doesn’t need a QB just yet, but they are taking the OCO approach and building their team so that there is no setback when Kaep’s time is up.  Laser would be a great fit in their LR and an awesome teammate to have.  I always hoped one day to share a team with him.  I think Berlin has the luxury of taking their QB of the future here and allowing him to stay in the DSFL until he is ready. 

NOLA IsHe… ReallyInvisible - QB - @JPach - TIJ
Full transparency, I have no idea.  Both Jpach and Bex created at QB and both have history in Nola.  Plus, Nola needs to think about Sloth’s eventual replacement.  Because I am not in the know, I am going to waste a pick here.  NOLA has two second round picks so I am picking JPach here and Bex later in the round.  The only reason JPach is first is because of the TIJ connection.  No hard feeling Bex, lol.  I don’t actually think Nola takes both of them assuming they will both stay at QB, but alas, this is just a mock... 

BAL Bender Rodriguez - TE - @shrub02 - MIN
Who has two thumbs and thinks Bal is killing this draft… This Guy…  Baltimore traded their star TE this season so they are in the market for his replacement.  Right here they take the best TE in the draft and put their hopes and dreams on him.  For real though, having 4 picks in the first two rounds will do a lot to help Baltimore with their rebuild.  If they can hit on all 4, they will be back before people even expect them too.

YKW Jacob Raske - QB - @CLG Rampage - MIN
Another full transparency time.  CLG made his announcement that he is willing to switch right as I was writing this pick… I was not about to change anymore of my mock, lol.  Having said that, it does make sense for him to go back to his old stomping grounds in Yellowknife.  He had a hall of fame player spend most of his career there and I could see him going back with Raske.

OCO Troy Abed - QB - @noanic - KCC
Steal, imo.  But I have the fortune to share an LR with this dude, but all I have to say is, he is a stud.  He falls for a few reasons, slightly slow start, and QB.  But seeing him now, he is a super active max earner who is also one to watch in the future with his graphics work.  I’ve never seen someone be so good in their first attempts at GFX.  The otters need their QB of the future eventually, and who knows, Abed may be it.  But they also may have the flexibility to swap him after a few years.  Either way, he give the stupid sexy otters a huge advantage.

CHI - Erik Gaare - RB - @maupassant - DAL
Not a position of need for Chicago, but as Yoda is getting older and I believe they have two IA rbs on their roster, they can afford to take the highest TPE player on the board.  Maup has been active in rookie discord and is my fellow Sols teammate.  Really good pick here.  Although there are still a lot of really good players remaining, the max earners are starting to thin. 

COL - Andrew Warthol - DE - @Skorch - MIN
By taking a RB with their first pick, Col let their biggest need pass up, which is DL.  One of the best remaining is Warthol, who could maybe fill in some of their DT needs as well.  The yeti have a solid roster, but they will need to address DL.  Hopefully, this pick can be a big part of that.

HON - Amy Wong - CB - @pazuzu - NOR
Veteran user paz falls to the late second round and Hon is the beneficiary.  I had the fortune to play with Paz’s last player in YKW.  He is always a solid earner and great sim league presence.  The fishies quickly get over the disappointing end of the season by securing two solid picks in the start of this draft.  If a Defensive Lineman falls to them, I think that is where they go, but the dropoff to the next one is too great to pass up.

NOLA - Raeni Clarke - QB - @bex - NOR
I talked about this one at pick 20.  Bex is only taken here because I have no idea what Nola is going to do. 

SAR - DeAndre Chuggs - LB - @xQCFamous - MIN
Reigning champs get a championship level GFX dude in xQC.  He is known for his amazing sigs, but also will be a big asset to Sarasota.  They are in need of a future LB, and QC will check right into that role.  Plus, they will be getting a veteran presence to their roster. 

Alright, there you go, two rounds is enough.  Let me know what you all think.  It was fun doing this as I haven’t been not in the know for so long!!

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - siddhus - 03-11-2021

:shock:

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Ace - 03-11-2021

I like your analysis you provided alongside your mock.

Can’t wait for the draft!!

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - infinitempg - 03-11-2021

HONK HONK

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Bigred1580 - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 01:25 PM)infinitempg Wrote: HONK HONK

GO AWAY!!!!

SMH

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Duilio05 - 03-11-2021

❤️love you BR. Fingers crossed for reliable internet Monday.

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - infinitempg - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 01:41 PM)Bigred1580 Wrote:

GO AWAY!!!!

SMH

HOOOOONK

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Bigred1580 - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 02:38 PM)infinitempg Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 01:41 PM)Bigred1580 Wrote:

GO AWAY!!!!

SMH

HOOOOONK

See what I am dealing with people!! I can't play with this guy!!

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Faded - 03-11-2021

obligatory honk

RE: Bigred's sure to go wrong mock draft - Ben - 03-12-2021

(03-11-2021, 12:37 PM)Bigred1580 Wrote: NOLA - Cade Williams - OL - @dude_man - TIJ
The original team at building the Wall in the ISFL, drafting from the original team that build the wall in the DSFL.  Ben and Payton would be so proud.  Nola is channeling their history with this pick.  The TIJ - NOLA connection has always been strong.

subscribe